• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Eve? Why not Adam?

Did I make that claim? or are you just lying because you bring nothing else to the table.

So then you agree that the Bible says that women are second to men among other misogynistic things about them?

Ironic projection^ from one who can't prove his positive claim he put forth up thread.
The proof that you re posting mindless crap is available to any who can read. The biblical tale of Adam and Eve was to explain how things became as they are. It should also be pointed out that the serpent spoke the truth.

So then you agree that the Bible says that women are second to men among other misogynistic things about them?
The bible was written thousands of years ago, it simply reflects the reality of the time and explains how things became as they knew them to be.

The bible was written thousands of years ago, it simply reflects the reality of the time and explains how things became as they knew them to be.

I agree. It was written by a patriarchal misogynistic society.

The issue is that the OP believes the story is literally true and that the source of the book is perfectly moral (making the misogyny in the book perfectly moral as well).

It should also be pointed out that the serpent spoke the truth.
Out the window goes the claim Satan was a 'deceiver' when tempting Eve in the Garden of Eden, declares @Fletch .

I agree. It was written by a patriarchal misogynistic society.

The issue is that the OP believes the story is literally true and that the source of the book is perfectly moral (making the misogyny in the book perfectly moral as well).
Wrong on both counts. EdwinWillers was right. You cant discuss religion with hate filled leftists.

Wrong on both counts. EdwinWillers was right. You cant discuss religion with hate filled leftists.

The OP doesn’t believe the story of Adam and Eve is true? The source of the Bible isn’t supposedly God, who is supposed to be perfectly moral?

Out the window goes the claim Satan was a 'deceiver' when tempting Eve in the Garden of Eden, declares @Fletch .
They werent deceived but were exposed to the truth, a truth God wished them to know. God used the serpent to achieve His ends--that man would become a moral being.

Annnnnnd the 'hate' card is played by a theist, whom the bible teaches him to "love others as thyself."
Wrong again. I am an atheist. But your record for inaccuracy is 100%

But your record for inaccuracy is 100%
I was "inaccurate" in post# 2 in which I stated the Bible was written by men, not women? :unsure: ( busted )

Because men were male chauvinist pigs even back then. It couldn't be the man's fault — blame the weak and easily influenced woman.

Yeah, what he said.
:rolleyes:

"Chauvinist pig"...........................lol - let's not confuse the current times with ancient cultures.

After all, if men were "chauvinist pigs" then..........the feminists today are certainly the ones who stink more than swine!
But then, that's a matter of opinion.
So, there.

Maybe the serpent was phallic shaped....

A "patriarchal culture" would, not surprisingly, put the blame on the second fiddle, Eve.

Why not?
A patriarchal culture, certainly would!

( woman ) Control mechanism/agenda.

Eh?
The narrative suggests it's Eve, who can control Adam!

Maybe - that's why Satan had chosen to go to Eve instead.

Of course Eve was made out to be the one who "led astray" good ole patriarch Adam. ( the male/patriarch ) Brains aren't derived from ribs.

That doesn't make any sense!

If we base it on your rationale about this patriarchal culture -
Why would a patriarchal culture make Adam - the FIRST MALE, of all people - to have been led by a woman?
By saying, "led," you're admitting Eve has leadership skills. Adam is a "follower."

That would make men........the weaker sex, right?

Last edited:
Thats just stupid. Eve didnt get the blame, Adam did.
But if Eve was the one that was led astray and it really was her fault, isn't blaming Adam for not controlling Eve still misogynistic because it doesn't view Eve as a moral actor that can be held accountable for her actions? Like blaming an owner for not controlling their dog.

I've been asking myself lately - Why did the serpent talk to Eve, and not Adam?

I don't think what transpired between the serpent and Eve was impromptu, or a spur of the moment. It was planned by Satan.
What could be the reason why the serpent had approached Eve and not Adam?
Snakes don't talk, Adam and Eve was just a story.

We now return you to the rational world.

After all, if men were "chauvinist pigs" then..........the feminists today are certainly the ones who stink more than swine!
But then, that's a matter of opinion.
Feminists today...are worse than the patriarchal men of antiquity? Doubt lol.

Why not?
A patriarchal culture, certainly would!
Uh oh!. Poor reading comprehension skills rearing it's ugly head yet again.^ :ROFLMAO: ( Thanks for the laugh )

Uh oh!. Poor reading comprehension skills rearing it's ugly head yet again.^ :ROFLMAO: ( Thanks for the laugh )

Instead of laughing - why don't you explain what exactly you're laughing at?

Instead of laughing - why don't you explain what exactly you're laughing at?
Just did in above post. Please do try to keep up; assuming that endeavor is even possible. Thanks.

So you are advocating for an echo chamber, not an open 'debate' forum with free speech, in which opposing views are "tolerated", and allowed to be presented. Got it.
Is that I said?

No, in fact that is not at all what I said - and I would appreciate it if you quit attempting to put words into my mouth.

To repeat, I said "IMHO - these subjects are better taken to a forum/site that is Christian and where mockery of Christians, the bible, and blasphemy toward God are not tolerated - as they are here." And I said it to the OP, not you.

But your "interpretation" of that is clear mockery, basically just puerile trolling. Furthermore, your posts here in this thread clearly mock the bible, it's Author, and Christians as well. We can review them if you disagree, but you won't win.

Moreover, your tone is consistently accusatory and derogating - frankly, I'd be shocked to learn you had any interest whatsoever in any thread about things religious, biblical, or Christian - save to mock, insult, and blaspheme.

From a "debate" standpoint (and we're so far from a debate here it's pathetic), your comment above was just an ad-hominem, a logical fallacy, and has zero credibility - which is blatantly obvious to anyone reading; so don't pretend you're stumping here for "free speech" and "toleration" - goodness, it's quite clear you're radically opposed to both - at least when the topic is the bible, God, or Christians.

Just did in above post. Please do try to keep up; assuming that endeavor is even possible. Thanks.

If that's all I can squeeze out of you.......then, goodbye.

Get back to me when you've got something.

Back
Top Bottom