• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why don't whites riot?

Because they're wealthier, not the subject of discrimination, and are politically represented.

Or they have jobs and don't have time to engage in loitering on the street. I think dissatisfaction with unemployment and poverty and a high crime rate is a more logical explanation for the cause of the riots rather than the police department.

That's not true. Protesting is peaceful freedom of speech and right of assembly. Rioting is a violent act. There is quite a difference. I dont recall any incidence of whites rioting in my lifetime. Maybe it has happened. But I don't recall it.

I do recall many incidents of white protesting, and even sometimes when they were killed by the police because they were peacefully protesting (Kent State). The whites didn't riot after the Kent State murders, either. Maybe whites don't riot, as a rule. Is it a genetic thing? A racial thing? The prone to violence?

When blacks riot, it just feeds into a stereotype and justifies the views of some that blacks are violent. A lot of harm has been done to the Af. American attempt to end bigotry.

the riots with those whose pigmentation is " white " are usually over as other people have said about sports
The 10 Ugliest Sports Riots of All Time (With Video) | Bleacher Report

Complete with burning cars and whole lot of cops

Keene, New Hampshire. Toronto and Seattle after various "G" summits. Vancouver, after the Canucks lost the Cup final. Hell, pretty much any sports riot ever. OWS disturbances. English and Greek austerity riots.

White people DO riot. The press ignores and/or downplays it.

Well there was the moronic "Occupy Wall Street" movement.

That's not true. Protesting is peaceful freedom of speech and right of assembly. Rioting is a violent act. There is quite a difference. I dont recall any incidence of whites rioting in my lifetime. Maybe it has happened. But I don't recall it.

I do recall many incidents of white protesting, and even sometimes when they were killed by the police because they were peacefully protesting (Kent State). The whites didn't riot after the Kent State murders, either. Maybe whites don't riot, as a rule. Is it a genetic thing? A racial thing? The prone to violence?

When blacks riot, it just feeds into a stereotype and justifies the views of some that blacks are violent. A lot of harm has been done to the Af. American attempt to end bigotry.

This thread is filled with examples of white people rioting. It's amazing how our preconceptions even alter memory.

Feel free to use Google:
pic_giant_042715_SM_Baltimore-Riots-G_0.jpg

baltimore-riot-police-car-AFP-640x480.jpg

Those were not the pictures you used in your OP. You were calling a protest a riot. You also asked why don't white people riot when clearly they do.

Thanks for your comment. Riot is riot and there always will be people willing to feather their nest in times of trouble.
Whites riot. More than that, they riot quite often. White riots can be as devastating as riots committed by any other racial or ethnic group. In this thread I wanted to discuss two particular cases though - Baltimore and Ferguson.

Precisely.

/thread.

Whites have rioted.

Check out the riot history of Baltimore. MANY riots. All but two by whites. In fact, many historians believe it was a riot in Baltimore that lead to the Civil War.

There were no lives lost in the Confederacy seizing Ft. Sumter, though ordinary people think that was the cause. Because there was no lose of life, negotiation was still possible. Rather, there was a DEADLY riot in Baltimore causing federal troops to involve. The first casualties of the Civil War were in regards to a riot by whites in Baltimore.

Rioting is almost a Baltimore tradition. There have been many - by white people, not black people.

Occupy certainly was a mob. Tragically ignorant but also tragic that people were killed, raped, violence and stealing was rampant.
There were some bad actors with occupy for sure.

The left supported occupy wall street, however they failed to get any long term mileage from it and it may have hurt them in the midterms. Now they are supporting and hoping for political mileage from racial unrest.

We riot over important stuff. Like sports.

And pumpkin festivals.

I have to work tomorrow morning.

Google "Occupy Wallstreet Riots" lol do we just all have the memory of a goldfish now? What point were you trying to prove?

They're black (racism factor) + they're unemployed and have lot of time to riot + most of them are young and hot-blooded and willing to show themselves as activists, no matter what's the idea of the protest.

You're all young'ins on this thread.

12 pages in and NO mention of the Clash..

You're all young'ins on this thread.

12 pages in and NO mention of the Clash..
The Clash were good. Any idea on the OP?
Whites don't riot against racism because they become victims of racism very seldom.

Could it possibly be that whites aren't treated like our black neighbors? You seem to be saying that bigotry or prejudice don't exist but if you see how black and white have become two separate societies in the same land, that proves it still exists.
Statistics bear out the difference in the races in so many ways but when people are not affected by these stats then it doesn't register. I wish we would all be treated alike but once again statistics show we aren't. Dark skin is viewed differently by authority, power, politics and religion. A country founded on equality and yet special amendments must be written to help define it. People are people and color, religion, sexual orientation or gender should not make exceptions to the framing of the constitution.

The Clash were good. Any idea on the OP?

Are you kidding? The OP was roundly trashed and he even began to back-peddle by page 2. What's to comment on such a silly premise?

Are you kidding? The OP was roundly trashed and he even began to back-peddle by page 2. What's to comment on such a silly premise?
So why do you visit this thread? To show others how intelligent punk you are?
Generally, punk bands like The Clash were just buffoons, they sang their provocative songs but did absolutely nothing to make society better.

White riot - I wanna riot
White riot - a riot of my own

Black people gotta lot a problems
But they don't mind throwing a brick
White people go to school
Where they teach you how to be thick

An' everybody's doing
Just what they're told to
An' nobody wants
To go to jail!

All the power's in the hands
Of people rich enough to buy it
While we walk the street
Too chicken to even try it

Everybody's doing
Just what they're told to
Nobody wants
To go to jail!

Are you taking over
or are you taking orders?
Are you going backwards
Or are you going forwards?

So why do you visit this thread? To show others how intelligent punk you are?
Generally, punk bands like The Clash were just buffoons, they sang their provocative songs but did absolutely nothing to make society better.

So which genre and bands did you approve of in your world of social change? lmao

Why do we see mostly black people rioting in Ferguson and Baltimore? Don't whites care about police brutality and officers' unlawful actions? I know it all started with killings of black guys but in present day America do we still care about the race that much? Fighting for social justice is our common goal, isn't it? Talking about equality is easy, supporting each other in times of trouble is not.

demonstrators-defy-curfew-ferguson.jpg

Baltimore-protests-turned-riots-AP-640x480.jpg
I have a life.

Back
Top Bottom