• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Doesn't Biden Pull Out all Stops on America's Energy Production Like Trump Ramped up Vent Production?

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
It's a war right?

Covid/Ukraine?

Remember how Trump convinced Auto Makers to start making Ventilators?

Why doesn't Biden unlock our energy production here in the USA instead of subsiding Putin's war in Ukraine by purchasing Russian Oil?

And Iran's oil? Gee, wonder what they do with those profits?

It's a war right?

Covid/Ukraine?

Why doesn't Biden unlock our energy production here in the USA instead of subsiding Putin's war in Ukraine by purchasing Russian Oil?

I agree. It's time to go all out on green energy. Fossil fuels built Putin's war chest in the first place.

I agree. It's time to go all out on green energy. Fossil fuels built Putin's war chest in the first place.
Why make the overall problem worse?

I think we’re going to have to change our energy policy and produce more due to this war.

We should triple alternative energy investments to help get off oil for good long term though.

Build enough nuke plants everyone gets their electric cars and cheap power.
We need to drop the cost of Diesel Fuel. Our current method via Russia, and soon to be Iran, are cost prohibitive

Reactions: PoS
We need to drop the cost of Diesel Fuel. Our current method via Russia, and soon to be Iran, are cost prohibitive
True.

Yeah, I know it does
So what do you have against renewable energy making Putin poor? We all see what he's used the profits from the sale of fossil fuels for.

So what do you have against renewable energy making Putin poor? We all see what he's used the profits from the sale of fossil fuels for.
I think you may have missed my point. We shouldn't be feeding his war chest. Return to energy independent.

I think you may have missed my point. We shouldn't be feeding his war chest. Return to energy independent.
Making electric cars feeds his war chest?

Yes, therefore renewable energy (although it’s also my position that we need thorium reactors as well).

The government doesn’t produce energy in this country. It can, however, get in the way. Which it does tend to do moreso in places where Democrats have power.

Even if Biden undoes much of the restrictions he has put in please on Federal lands, etc it would have a limited immediate effect. It takes time to prepare and delineate an oil prospect and people have not been trying to do it in areas where there’s not much point. You don’t undo years of policies discouraging oil and gas production over night.

In any case, $110 oil ought to encourage plenty of new supply in areas that have been encouraging drilling (states like TX, OK, ND, AK, LA etc.) or have been at least somewhat favorable (like PA and CO) but there really isn’t enough equipment and crews to ramp production up in these areas over night either.

You really want to have a policy that encourages rational producer behavior all of the time rather than swinging back and forth between bans and incentives.

I think we’re going to have to change our energy policy and produce more due to this war.

We should triple alternative energy investments to help get off oil for good long term though.
YES YES YES .....

HYBRIDS come is all sizes with considerably better MPG.

It's a war right?

Covid/Ukraine?

energy companies, oil and such, are huge private corporations and not prone to government cooperation that might affect their profit margins.

Response to OP....Don't be an IDIOT!

Imo what you are suggesting is a reasonable compromise.

We should absolutely increase our oil production levels for monetary and security reasons but at the same time there is nothing preventing us from investing in developing viable alternatives. There isn't any good reason to not keep our energy prices as low as we can in the mean time.

Imo what you are suggesting is a reasonable compromise.

We should absolutely increase our oil production levels for monetary and security reasons but at the same time there is nothing preventing us from investing in developing viable alternatives. There isn't any good reason to not keep our energy prices as low as we can in the mean time.
The faster we get off oil, then the faster we can be free of entanglements

The faster we get off oil, then the faster we can be free of entanglements
It has to be cheap too though. I think cost is something that gets brushed off.

Energy = work

The cheaper it's cost the more work we do. The more we work, the more we accomplish.

Energy = work

The cheaper it's cost the more work we do. The more we work, the more we accomplish.
That’s why I advocated for investments

It might take a moonshot but we can get there and it’s totally worth it

Energy = work

Battery technology is probably more prohibitive then cost when it comes to green energy.

Back
Top Bottom