• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Doesn't Biden Pull Out all Stops on America's Energy Production Like Trump Ramped up Vent Production?

I agree. It's time to go all out on green energy. Fossil fuels built Putin's war chest in the first place.
A completely senseless, and almost trolling statement. Green energy isn't shit. We don't need Putin's oil, we have our own. His handlers are controlling the administration agenda, to foolishly slow the production of oil. He's never been an executive, and doesn't know how to lead.

A completely senseless, and almost trolling statement. Green energy isn't shit.

That’s a choice. Renewable energy only makes up 6% of your state’s energy production, whereas it’s 25% of Texas’s and 34% of California’s. It’s assumed you’ll move the goal posts now.

We don't need Putin's oil, we have our own. His handlers are controlling the administration agenda, to foolishly slow the production of oil. He's never been an executive, and doesn't know how to lead.

Nice rant.

A completely senseless, and almost trolling statement. Green energy isn't shit. We don't need Putin's oil, we have our own. His handlers are controlling the administration agenda, to foolishly slow the production of oil. He's never been an executive, and doesn't know how to lead.
Yeah I agree with @Cardinal, nice rant.

I don't know where you get your information, but Biden isn't slowing the production of oil. US oil production isn't slowing. It hit a high of 13.1m bbl/day on the week of 2/28/20 and a low of 9.7m bbl on 8/28/20, both on Trump's watch, and only separated by 6 months. That was covid. Production leveled off during the covid restrictions and began to rise when Biden took office. Production has been on a steady upward slope since. The same trend as when it took off under Trump, but at a much higher amount.

The capacity for production achieved the week of 2/28/20 still exists. Those closed wells can still pump oil. As people have mentioned, this is a decision made by oil companies. It has nothing to do with Biden.

If you look at the graph, you'll see we've gained back about half the production between the high and low in 2020. The trend is upward, so the oil companies are opening some of the down wells.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree with @Cardinal, nice rant.

I don't know where you get your information, but Biden isn't slowing the production of oil. US oil production isn't slowing. It hit a high of 13.1m bbl/week on 2/28/20 and a low of 9.7m bbl on 8/28/20, both on Trump's watch, and only separated by 6 months. That was covid. Production leveled off during the covid restrictions and began to rise when Biden took office. Production has been on a steady upward slope since. The same trend as when it took off under Trump, but at a much higher amount.

The level of production achieved the week of 2/28/20 still exists. Those closed wells can still pump oil. As people have mentioned, this is a decision made by oil companies. It has nothing to do with Biden.

If you look at the graph, you'll see we've gained back about half the production between the high and low in 2020. The trend is upward, so the oil companies are opening some of the down wells.
That’s not in any sense a direct response to anything I said. So…yeah…nice rant.

The government doesn’t produce energy in this country. It can, however, get in the way. Which it does tend to do moreso in places where Democrats have power.

Even if Biden undoes much of the restrictions he has put in please on Federal lands, etc it would have a limited immediate effect. It takes time to prepare and delineate an oil prospect and people have not been trying to do it in areas where there’s not much point. You don’t undo years of policies discouraging oil and gas production over night.

In any case, $110 oil ought to encourage plenty of new supply in areas that have been encouraging drilling (states like TX, OK, ND, AK, LA etc.) or have been at least somewhat favorable (like PA and CO) but there really isn’t enough equipment and crews to ramp production up in these areas over night either.

You really want to have a policy that encourages rational producer behavior all of the time rather than swinging back and forth between bans and incentives.

Oil subsidizes are probably an example government influencing the production of energy in this country.

Russia is using a nuclear plant in Ukraine as a potential weapon. Might want to rethink putting more of them in America
Nope. Too much benefit and the new designs with the exception of breeder style reactors are quite benign especially the pebblebed versions.

Nope. Too much benefit and the new designs with the exception of breeder style reactors are quite benign especially the pebblebed versions.
Anything with radioactive material can become weaponized.

Anything with radioactive material can become weaponized.
I can weaponize literally anything including Bisquick pancake mix. Shall we discontinue using pancake mix? Life is full of risk. We should be used to that fact and operate accordingly.

It's a war right?

Covid/Ukraine?

Remember how Trump convinced Auto Makers to start making Ventilators?

Why doesn't Biden unlock our energy production here in the USA instead of subsiding Putin's war in Ukraine by purchasing Russian Oil?

And Iran's oil? Gee, wonder what they do with those profits?

Why are you waiting for the government?

If you don't want to be affected by high gas prices do something about it.

Get a vehicle that either doesn't use gas or uses very little gas.

Stop expecting the government to do everything for you.

I can weaponize literally anything including Bisquick pancake mix. Shall we discontinue using pancake mix? Life is full of risk. We should be used to that fact and operate accordingly.
Bisquick and nuclear materials. Same thing basically. LMAO

Build enough nuke plants everyone gets their electric cars and cheap power.

I already have cheap power.

Without nuclear plants.

My state closed our last coal fire plant.

We use water, solar, wind, natural gas and have a very small nuclear facility out in the middle of nowhere for some ranchers in that area.

We started building one of the nation's largest wind farms in the 90s.

We are building solar farms, many buildings here have solar panels.

My electric bill was 39.99 last month. It will be around the same for this month.

When that wind farm came on line, it generated too much energy for the existing grid. So we voted to raise our taxes to pay for a new grid.

We generate more electricity than we use so we sell it to other states for a profit.

We also didn't deregulate our electricity and give it to a private company so we have control of it. How it's generated and even how much we are charged.

People don't need nuclear power unless they are out in the middle of nowhere.

My state proves that it is very possible to get off fossil fuels for electricity and that you don't need a big nuclear plant to generate electricity either.

I think you may have missed my point. We shouldn't be feeding his war chest. Return to energy independent.

Then you need to understand that energy independence can't be achieved with oil.

There just isn't enough in the US to be independent from other nations.

The answer is to stop using as much oil. We need it for our society but we certainly don't need to use as much of it and it's no longer necessary for vehicles.

The ONLY way to get energy independent is to get off our century long addiction to oil.

The vehicles are available now.

Stop whining about oil and do something about it.

I did in 2001 when I bought my first hybrid car. I haven't been affected by the price of oil for gas since I changed to a hybrid car.

I filled my car a few weeks ago. It cost me just under 35 dollars. I am still driving on that tank with half of it left.

My next car will be fully electric.

So you can keep wining about gas, I'll keep laughing at all those who are still addicted to gas.

HYBRIDS come is all sizes with considerably better MPG.

Yes I know. I've owned one since 2001.

In the summer I get over 50 mpg. In the winter I get around 50 mpg.

The price of gas isn't an issue with me.

Why are you waiting for the government?

If you don't want to be affected by high gas prices do something about it.

Get a vehicle that either doesn't use gas or uses very little gas.

Government policies are killing us.

Because I don’t want to. We need oil NOW

Government policies are killing us.

Because I don’t want to. We need oil NOW

You don't want to?

So you are too lazy to do something yourself?

Or is it that you honestly don't want to do anything about it and you just want to whine and cry about it while pointing fingers at those who don't have your views?

Go get yourself a vehicle that doesn't use gas or uses less gas.

If you are going to wait for the government to do everything for you, you are going to be waiting for the rest of your life.

Guess what? The government isn't there to cater to you so you can be lazy.

Get off your butt and do something about it.

I did in 2001 and have been laughing at people who can't take matters in their own hands and tell the oil companies to bite me.

I just laugh at all those in gas stations spending tons of money on gas while I drive by laughing at them all.

Have fun making putin and muslims in the middle east even more rich and yourself more poor.

With oil prices going up, a lot of the current leases will start being developed.
Drilling a new well is a year old process, even longer before that oil or gas gets to the market. The best short-term effort now is to convince OPEC to open the taps.

There are many wells in eastern and SE Ohio (Utica shale) that were closed in and never frac'd after drilling because the price of oil made that investment cost-prohibitive. Maybe the current rise in petroleum will change that situation.

I know of 3 drilling permits in eastern Ohio that were permitted to expire.

The fact that the government doesn't own this oil seems to be lost on conservatives. The landowner barely gets pennies on the dollar for oil/gas produced on their property. People would be shocked if they ever read and understood an oil/drilling lease.

What is keeping the oil companies from drilling on the 9,000 leases already approved but idle?

Russia is using a nuclear plant in Ukraine as a potential weapon. Might want to rethink putting more of them in America

That is nonsense. Russia is taking control of Ukraine’s electrical power plants to be able to shut them down to pressure (torture or punish?) the civilian population.

President Trump would invite US oil executives to the WH and ask about increasing oil production quickly.
Their response would be "Yes, sir, we'll make it happen!".
President Biden does the same thing (he wouldn't. Too stupid), and the response would be "Let's go Brandon!".

Hahaha!

You don't want to?

So you are too lazy to do something yourself?

Or is it that you honestly don't want to do anything about it and you just want to whine and cry about it while pointing fingers at those who don't have your views?

Go get yourself a vehicle that doesn't use gas or uses less gas.

If you are going to wait for the government to do everything for you, you are going to be waiting for the rest of your life.

Guess what? The government isn't there to cater to you so you can be lazy.

Get off your butt and do something about it.

I did in 2001 and have been laughing at people who can't take matters in their own hands and tell the oil companies to bite me.

I just laugh at all those in gas stations spending tons of money on gas while I drive by laughing at them all.

Have fun making putin and muslims in the middle east even more rich and yourself more poor.
That’s Biden’s fault. Not ours.

C'mon man, The truth is that will oil companies dare to increase new drilling? $ is there of course (last time I checked, anything over ~55 USD per is money in the pocket) but how long will this war last? 1 month or 2 months? What will Biden do after the war?

President Trump would invite US oil executives to the WH and ask about increasing oil production quickly.
Their response would be "Yes, sir, we'll make it happen!".
President Biden does the same thing (he wouldn't. Too stupid), and the response would be "Let's go Brandon!".

Hahaha!

Now here is reality

More fundamentally, oil and gas executives told POLITICO, the president doesn’t really understand their business — and his famously chaotic White House has set up a system where only a relative handful of favorite energy executives have access to people who can shape policy.

Trump frustrated the industry last month by declaring vast swaths of shoreline off Florida and other states off-limits to drilling, an election-year reversal of his past promises to expand offshore production.

The oil industry’s fortunes have been withering on President Donald Trump’s watch, with dozens of oil companies falling into bankruptcy as weak crude prices take a toll on the sector he contends would be abolished if he’s not reelected.

That’s a choice. Renewable energy only makes up 6% of your state’s energy production, whereas it’s 25% of Texas’s and 34% of California’s. It’s assumed you’ll move the goal posts now.

Depends. Texas uses a lot of wind power, as a lot of wind where we live. And land, lots and lots of land is needed. We have high maintenance costs nea the coast because of the salt air.

Back
Top Bottom