• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Does VP Harris not Return Salutes from Military?

She continues the behavior
——

Vice President Kamala Harris is going through criticism for showing to interrupt with precedent and failing to salute the respect guard when boarding Air Drive Two.

Video reviewed by Fox Information confirmed that her predecessors, former Vice President Mike Pence and President Biden, usually saluted the respect guard in the identical state of affairs.

Vice President Harris in not a play soldier. She is not in the military, she is a civilian and has no place in the military chain of command. When she is elected President she will salute.

That the lady you voted in as VP displays her total lack of respect for our US military is what should make you feel ashamed...for her actions and for yours.

Maybe you should be raging at Laura Ingraham for saying we should defund the military. Then again, I don't expect today's conservatives to be consistent in their views.

She's not in the military. She has no obligation to return an actual salute at all. Conservatives are the ones trying to give her shit for not doing it, then criticize her when she shows an acknowledgement.
So why did she salute today and not back in April when I first drew attention to her not doing so?

Vice President Harris in not a play soldier. She is not in the military, she is a civilian and has no place in the military chain of command. When she is elected President she will salute.
Reading will help you catch up. I updated the thread as she rendered a sloppy salute this morning boarding her flight to the wrong side of Texas

Technically, it is a violation of proper military etiquette to salute if you are wearing civilian clothing and not wearing a uniform.

Reagan started doing it because he was a Hollywood Elite actor, also Reagan had at least served albeit in a photography role but I give him credit for serving at least.
See #304

How shocking. The Harris water carriers I thought for sure would have beat me to the punch calling it a lie that she doesn't return salutes.

Missed opportunity

Reading will help you catch up. I updated the thread as she rendered a sloppy salute this morning boarding her flight to the wrong side of Texas
And in what universe do you think I'd be interested in scrolling through your comments? If the OP is weak at the start, kill the thread, or start a new one with your new info.

And in what universe do you think I'd be interested in scrolling through your comments? If the OP is weak at the start, kill the thread, or start a new one with your new info.
Can't blame your intellectual laziness on others.

Saluting etiquette

A person in the military should salute another person in the military when 3 conditions exist:

1) They are both in uniform.

2) They are outdoors.

3 They are covered (wearing hat or cap)

The president is the Commander-In-Chief. All U.S. personnel are compelled to salute. The president may return the salute even though he is not in uniform. He/she may choose to not return a salute.

The Vice President has no position in the Chain-of-Command, and therefore should not be saluted.

So why did she salute today and not back in April when I first drew attention to her not doing so?
Civilians can salute in any general way they want (as long as it isn't actually some disrespectful/indecent gesture), whenever they want. Do you believe that she reads DP threads and see you as someone she should follow or maybe, is it possible that she just decided to acknowledge their salute in a general gesture in this one time?

Saluting etiquette

A person in the military should salute another person in the military when 3 conditions exist:

1) They are both in uniform.

2) They are outdoors.

3 They are covered (wearing hat or cap)

The president is the Commander-In-Chief. All U.S. personnel are compelled to salute. The president may return the salute even though he is not in uniform. He/she may choose to not return a salute.

The Vice President has no position in the Chain-of-Command, and therefore should not be saluted.
Certain state and federal officials (that means nonmilitary members in generally elected or appointed positions) are in fact saluted by nature of their office. Those officials are not at all required nor should they be expected to salute back, but all other customs are observed for these, including military members in uniform, outdoors or certain ceremonies, covered.

When in uniform, it's consistent throughout all branches for enlisted members to render the hand salute to all officers and warrant officers of the U.S. Armed Forces, officers of friendly armed forces and authorized civilians of selected state and federal governmental positions. Officers should salute other officers and authorized civilians of higher rank.

Update. Seems the old hag figured it out finally

She gave a half a$$ salute today bordering the flight at Andrews. 😉
When will you figure it out that civilians don't salute?

No doubt she fears any further outrage from you.

Ok, let's make sure Kamala salutes everyone in sight when she visits the border, kisses the wall, doesn't laugh at all, humps the flag like Trump did and shows up wearing Melania's "I really don't care" jacket. Would that satisfy you?

When will you figure it out that civilians don't salute?
She didn’t get the memo. Did you see that lame attempt of hers?

The bed wetters are missing the point. It’s not if she is required to do so, but should she. Seems today she tried giving it a try. In hindsight, she should t have as predictable she failed miserably at saluting.

Do you have an image of this salute that you claim is "half ass"? Or should we just believe your opinion of it simply because?

The bed wetters are missing the point. It’s not if she is required to do so, but should she. Seems today she tried giving it a try. In hindsight, she should t have as predictable she failed miserably at saluting.
No, it isn't either. This is like asking if a child or other civilian "should" salute. The answer is "it is their own choice" because it doesn't matter if they do or not. They (civilians, which include both the VP and even the President) are simply not required nor prevented from saluting. Neither choice has anything to do with the military or its customs.

You haven't even proven here that she "failed miserably at saluting". We have not context except your claims, and frankly those aren't worth much.

That the lady you voted in as VP displays her total lack of respect for our US military is what should make you feel ashamed...for her actions and for yours.
Trump denigrated the military all the time, so get out of here with this faux outrage.

Who ever said it was required? I sure didn’t. I asked why she doesn’t return salutes. It’s a common courtesy she’s not interested in doing.
It isn't a "common courtesy" when not in uniform. It is simply something that civilians may choose to do if they are ignorant about what the salute is for, what sort of respect it is, and how it is done. Civilians don't have to salute ever because they are not in a legitimate military uniform, for one thing.

——

Vice President Kamala Harris is going through criticism for showing to interrupt with precedent and failing to salute the respect guard when boarding Air Drive Two.

Video reviewed by Fox Information confirmed that her predecessors, former Vice President Mike Pence and President Biden, usually saluted the respect guard in the identical state of affairs.

Oh god. Here come the “tan suit” poutrages again.

And the lying continues:

Here is the "half ass" salute claimed above. I was expecting something a lot more half assed than that since you were complaining and I'm a retired Chief. She's a civilian. I've seen far worse than hers.

Trump never fails to salute the military, even in North Korea:

5cc824c3b14bf411ac6dcb82

Not even Putin does that, so it's a win for Trump.

MAGA!

——

Just can't bring myself to care about this. There's an argument for POTUS to do it, even as a civilian, since he's the Commander-in-Chief. VPOTUS has no military role and probably shouldn't be doing it. For the same reason, I wonder if the military should be saluting her in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom