• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Does VP Harris not Return Salutes from Military?

Nice story. I did not say he had to salute. I said he got it right and he did. He shows respect to those that show respect to him.
There are plenty of ways to show respect. This thread was used as a partisan dig at Harris for not saluting which I get. My issue is actual military protocol. We civilians do not have the right to salute people in service. There is a very solid reason behind that and I prefer someone in the military explain it and I see someone did so I defer to them and will shut up.

you are former military, she is not....that is the difference. A civilian should not use a military salute. I am a military brat and learned this...why didn't you? since after all you say you are a vet

Saluting soldiers is not a recommended way to honor current or former members of the Armed Forces. Even members of the Armed Forces do not salute when out of uniform. A salute is part of the official protocols that active soldiers follow. Outside official duties, the military salute is rarely displayed.

While veterans and active service members may find it cute when a toddler salutes, a salute from an adult civilian may lead to awkwardness. Instead of saluting, most soldiers would agree that civilians should simply wave or say, “thank you for your service.”

Thank you. My father was an officer in the air force in WW2 and retired a Major from the Army after WW2 after h e switched over. He taught me exactly what you said. Thank you.

There are plenty of ways to show respect. This thread was used as a partisan dig at Harris for not saluting which I get. My issue is actual military protocol. We civilians do not have the right to salute people in service. There is a very solid reason behind that and I prefer someone in the military explain it and I see someone did so I defer to them and will shut up.
If the Commander in Chief of all our military decides to take the time to show respect to his soldiers by saluting them back I am proud as a person who served to have such a wonderful person as my leader.

She saluted other day because she had too. Same with border trip
No. She did not have to. She simply did. There is absolutely no requirement or statute for the President, let alone the VP to return any salute.

She had to due to pressure. Why do you think a regulation exist?
If no statute or regulation exists for her to salute, then she simply doesn't have to, regardless of any pressure put on. No one who was going to vote for President Biden or her in future elections is seriously going to not vote for her only because she didn't return a salute to military personnel saluting her.

Like I said Reagan had it right. He had respect for those who serve.
No, he didn't. He was putting on a show. He didn't care about "respect". He cared about duping the rubes into believing he was "more" patriotic than others.

Nice story. I did not say he had to salute. I said he got it right and he did. He shows respect to those that show respect to him.
There are plenty of ways to show respect. Returning a salute, as a civilian, in a way that violates the actual code that salutes go by is not really respectful. It in fact shows that you are putting on a show rather than actually concerned about the regulations.

If the Commander in Chief of all our military decides to take the time to show respect to his soldiers by saluting them back I am proud as a person who served to have such a wonderful person as my leader.
It is not showing respect to do something that actually violates the regulations regarding what you are doing. You aren't supposed to salute out of uniform, without a cover, as a civilian.

No. She did not have to. She simply did. There is absolutely no requirement or statute for the President, let alone the VP to return any salute.
I agree. She does not need to be saluted nor should she return a salute. I would rather she do something about the crisis the left created at our border. We know Joe isn't up to the task.

There are plenty of ways to show respect. Returning a salute, as a civilian, in a way that violates the actual code that salutes go by is not really respectful. It in fact shows that you are putting on a show rather than actually concerned about the regulations.
No Reagan was an officer in the military and is well aware of the reason for being saluted as well as when and where to salute. You just can't stand the fact that he got it right. Reagan always respected our troops and all your lies will never change that.

She continues the behavior
——

Vice President Kamala Harris is going through criticism for showing to interrupt with precedent and failing to salute the respect guard when boarding Air Drive Two.

Video reviewed by Fox Information confirmed that her predecessors, former Vice President Mike Pence and President Biden, usually saluted the respect guard in the identical state of affairs.

Sooo your all for upholding precedent NOW.

Odd, Righties had no problem with the Bloated One consistently breaking precedent.

C'mom all these threads you create on Harris, what's the real reason?

Cause you had no problem with the Bloated One dissing our Vets. You had no problem with Trump U. Ripping off our Vets of there GI Bill Benefits.

Fess up!!

Odd, Righties had no problem with the Bloated One consistently breaking precedent.

Cause you had no problem with the Bloated One dissing our Vets. You had no problem with Trump U. Ripping off our Vets of there GI Bill Benefits.

Fess up!!
Fess up????

Fess up!!
We no longer have our benefits. When did this happen. I guess I better cancel all those doctor appointments at the VA hospital.

We no longer have our benefits. When did this happen. I guess I better cancel all those doctor appointments at the VA hospital.
WTF are you talking about?

Judging by your post, you better keep those doctors appointments.

Do you know what day it is, the year?

WTF are you talking about?

Judging by your post, you better keep those doctors appointments.

Do you know what day it is, the year?
I thought you said we lost our GI bill. You had me worried.

She continues the behavior
——

Vice President Kamala Harris is going through criticism for showing to interrupt with precedent and failing to salute the respect guard when boarding Air Drive Two.

Video reviewed by Fox Information confirmed that her predecessors, former Vice President Mike Pence and President Biden, usually saluted the respect guard in the identical state of affairs.

Oh cool. Please explain why Trump crapping on McCain and other POWs who sacrificed for us was helpful, why Trump's attacks on gold star families helped the military, how his uninformed "over-ruling" of military justice made us stronger, why his "bone spurs" prevented him from serving, how his disrespect of the office of the presidency in demanding to see a birth certificate (which disproved his thesis) made America great again, and we could go on but ... just do that much and you can pretend to care about honoring the US military again.

YOU SUPPORTED A ****ING DRAFT-DODGING TRAITOR WHO ATTEMPTED TO MAKE HIMSELF DICTATOR, no one is buying your stupid BS now.

Oh cool. Please explain why Trump crapping on McCain and other POWs who sacrificed for us was helpful, why Trump's attacks on gold star families helped the military, how his uninformed "over-ruling" of military justice made us stronger, why his "bone spurs" prevented him from serving, how his disrespect of the office of the presidency in demanding to see a birth certificate (which disproved his thesis) made America great again, and we could go on but ... just do that much and you can pretend to care about honoring the US military again.

YOU SUPPORTED A ****ING DRAFT-DODGING TRAITOR WHO ATTEMPTED TO MAKE HIMSELF DICTATOR, no one is buying your stupid BS now.
There’s someone who post here that always shows up screaming whataboutisms. I’m sure he’ll be along shortly.

There’s someone who post here that always shows up screaming whataboutisms. I’m sure he’ll be along shortly.
Will he be wearing a Hitler costume and limply attempting to attack the other party when his own is such a failure? I can't wait for that!

We managed to get rid of Trump before he could fleece any more Vets
So I still have my GI bill. Then I didn't lose anything. So taking away my GI bill was a lie.

You misread

Go back and try again
Here is your quote.
"You had no problem with Trump U. Ripping off our Vets of there GI Bill Benefits."

Tell us what he ripped off or STFU.

Here is your quote.
"You had no problem with Trump U. Ripping off our Vets of there GI Bill Benefits."

Tell us what he ripped off or STFU.
Trump University

Uhhh daaa🙄

Would you like a picture?

Standard in the military that a higher ranked person does not salute or return a salute of a lower ranked person.
Harris is not military personnel so she is not required to return a salute.

Back
Top Bottom