• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Does VP Harris not Return Salutes from Military?

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
She continues the behavior
——

Vice President Kamala Harris is going through criticism for showing to interrupt with precedent and failing to salute the respect guard when boarding Air Drive Two.

Video reviewed by Fox Information confirmed that her predecessors, former Vice President Mike Pence and President Biden, usually saluted the respect guard in the identical state of affairs.

——

Vice President Kamala Harris is going through criticism for showing to interrupt with precedent and failing to salute the respect guard when boarding Air Drive Two.

Video reviewed by Fox Information confirmed that her predecessors, former Vice President Mike Pence and President Biden, usually saluted the respect guard in the identical state of affairs.

I think every republican who reads this should be outraged.

As I understand it, presidents did not salute the military until Reagan. The previous etiquette I assume came from the notion of civilian rule over the military in the US. Of course Reagan tended to see military solutions to lots of problems, or in fairness, he was in too many movies. In any case, not worth caring about. More important to attack her for wearing a mask anyway.

——

From the opening paragraph you quoted above:

"Vice President Kamala Harris is going through criticism for showing to interrupt with precedent and failing to salute the respect guard when boarding Air Drive Two.

Video reviewed by Fox Information....."

if you're going to quote from foreign propaganda outlets, is it too much to ask that you at least find one that's literate in our language? I mean, that's a pathetic effort. Who or what in the hell is "Fox Information?" SAD!! Whoever that writer is must be in propaganda training and will get a F for that effort - hope he or she gets dinner at least, maybe some bread and water.

Last edited:
I think every liberal who reads this should be ashamed.
That the OP is quoting from a garbage website obviously based somewhere overseas that found some stupid pretense to attack Harris? Why would liberals be ashamed of that? If they're mad in whatever country the writer resides, I don't give a flying ****.

I think every liberal who reads this should be ashamed.
Why? She’s not a soldier. Civilian control of the military is what we have in this country. When Harris joins the military, you may have a point. I don’t salute soldiers either, tho I often thank vets for their service. Do you salute soldiers?

That the OP is quoting from a garbage website obviously based somewhere overseas that found some stupid pretense to attack Harris? Why would liberals be ashamed of that? If they're mad in whatever country the writer resides, I don't give a flying ****.
That the lady you voted in as VP displays her total lack of respect for our US military is what should make you feel ashamed...for her actions and for yours.

"Vice President Kamala Harris is going through criticism for showing to interrupt with precedent and failing to salute the respect guard when boarding Air Drive Two.

if you're going to quote from foreign propaganda outlets, is it too much to ask that you at least find one that's literate in our language? I mean, that's a pathetic effort. Who or what in the hell is "Fox Information?" SAD!! Whoever that writer is must be in propaganda training and will get a F for that effort - hope he or she gets dinner at least, maybe some bread and water.

Now hold on there for just a minute. That propaganda was pasted on a debate forum by a member of that forum. I'd say the target audience was reached. The message was repeated as if it came from a real source. Got the word Fox in there. Pretty smart. Most Trumpers wouldn't think to question that.

It's really not bad propaganda and it was successful.

I think every republican who reads this should be outraged.
You mean the Americans who honor and respect our military rather than the ones that force them to bivouac in parking structures? We know which grown Harris belongs to.

That the lady you voted in as VP displays her total lack of respect for our US military is what should make you feel ashamed...for her actions and for yours.
Oh, well, I don't really care about that, or that the foreign troll factory reported it. She's not a part of the military and I think it's kind of SAD that we judge things like 'respect for our US military' by hollow gestures like a civilian saluting a soldier. For most of our history, not even retired generals returned those salutes, and we know it wasn't because they didn't respect the military, but because salutes are for the military, not for civilians.

Also, too:

You mean the Americans who honor and respect our military rather than the ones that force them to bivouac in parking structures? We know which grown Harris belongs to.
That's a shameful bunch of bullshit. Most of the time those military were forced into parking structures was during the administration of your Dear Worthless Orange Leader. She's not part of that administration. Look it up if you are confused.

😂

Oh the things that make the cultists angry...LOL
I know. It's almost comforting. We're doing the "Best of the Clinton Years" at this point. I'm sure they'll cycle through the Best of Obama, etc. So and so didn't do this meaningless gesture!! HE HATES AMERICA AND THE TROOPS!!!!! AND PUPPIES!!! KITTENS TOO!!!!

Why are they saluting her? She's not in the military. Just tell her to get her ass on the plane and go.

That's a shameful bunch of bullshit. Most of the time those military were forced into parking structures was during the administration of your Dear Worthless Orange Leader. She's not part of that administration. Look it up if you are confused.
When Trump found out he offered to put them up, cost free in his hotel. Jill gave them cookies.

Whoops. Nobody gives a damn.

You guys are reaching.

I know. It's almost comforting. We're doing the "Best of the Clinton Years" at this point. I'm sure they'll cycle through the Best of Obama, etc. So and so didn't do this meaningless gesture!! HE HATES AMERICA AND THE TROOPS!!!!! AND PUPPIES!!! KITTENS TOO!!!!
I hope she doesn't wear a tan suit. You know how republicans are about african americans in tan suits...

Back
Top Bottom