• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why does Trump command such support?

Feel free to provide evidence that the rules are are biased in favor of one political party or the other.
Application of the rules AKA ingnoring the rules was definitely in favor of the thieves.

Has the Carter Baker Commission Report been scrubbed from the web? Anyone have a link?

He has a lot of support because he had the guts to say things that no other politician would.

He quite rightly said that fake news was the enemy of the people. Many journalists since Watergate consider themselves our masters, who have the duty to teach us subjects how to think.

He refused to kiss the posteriors of various kinds of activists, such as BLM.

His enemies, of course, got their revenge -- thanks to COVID & mail-in ballots.

He may be politically washed up, but there are millions and millions of Americans who are seething with anger, and they will make their feelings known in 2024, for -- we are told -- the election system is the most "secure" in our history.
He had the guts to say that Mexico is sending their worst, rapist's, murderers, etc.
He had the guts to say he could grab women by the p***y.
He had the guts to say John McCain wasn't a hero because he was captured.
He had the guts to say the virus affected a dozen people, and would soon be gone.
We should certainly be proud of him!

A quick scan of that datavase proives that the tabulators were actually lying about what that database is. They counted predictions as lies, they counted differences of opinions as lies, and they counted some truths as lies. Then they took all of those and tallied base don the numbe roftimes he claims Trump said them... but how that was tallied is fuzzy, and based on his "fact check" I'm not giving him anounce of credibility. Here are a quick 10 of the highest tally lies on the first page:

For instance:

1) Kessler state that Trump's claim that they built the greatest economy of all time is marked as a lie, and then Kessler decides to define "greatest" very narrowly on aspects that he decided made a great economy. IfTrump's claim is a lie then Kessler's explanation of better economies would also be a lie by the same criteria. ... and Kessler attributed 493 lies to this non-lie alone.

2) Largest Tax cuts: Kessler again choosed after the fact to define the statement as % of GDP and then says it is a lie... a common trend with Kessler to choose a definition to engineer a lie which is really a difference of opinion... That is 296....

3) Rebuilt the Military: This is a truth, and Kessler can't even deny it, claiming only that some years lagged behind the peak of the wars in the ME, when adjusted for inflation... a stupid, weasely non-definition thatKessler attributes to being a "lie" ... 250 times.

4) Rebuild the Military Part 2: In this statement Trump states that as part of rebuilding the military hey got new equipment... Kessler calls that a "lie" because 20% of the budget was on Equipment. So.. it's the truth, but Kessler calls it a lie... 117 times...

(As an asside,if Glenn Kessler had asked ANYONE in the military, or the private sector who deals with equipment purchase and maintenance, the actual euqipment cost tends to be about 10%-15% of the total cost, with the majority going to maintence an support staff.. so 20% is actually pretty high for equipment acquisition)

5) Slashed more Job killing regulations: Here Kessler does the reverse, instead of narrowly defining "job killing regulations" he takes a broad view to distract from the claim. That counts for 200....

6) Tarriffs on China brough $Billions to the US: This is true, and Kessler's explanation for why it is a lie also admitts it is true... but he marks it as a lie anyway... 248 times....

7) NATO now will pay hundreds of billions more: Kessler concludes that the increaseto minimum requirements will amoount to $400billion through 2024 ... but he still says it is a lie... 137 times...

8) Trump replaced NAFTA with USMCA: This is clearly true, but Kessler says that USMCA is like a modified NAFTA so he decided that this truth is a lie... 158 times.

9) Getting Chains of Title was hard for the land for the border Wall: Kessler's "lie" here is that most of the wall wasn't build on alreday acquired land... so it isn't a lie, even a little. But to Kessler it is a lie... 112 times.

10) The Border Wall has been successful in slowing drugs across the boarder: Here Kessler says Trump is lying because they has been a reduction in drug seizures across the southern boarder.... uh, Glenn? THat would mean the statement is true. Kessler marks that as a lie... 102 times...

And so on....

So that is 1,620 lies stated by GlennKessler on the first page, and I didn't even bother with the low-tally "lies". That is the first 10 I checked of the "lies" Kessler claimed and they are all lies by Kessler.

So no, I reject the stupid database created by the WaPo "fact checker", (read: Narrative Pusher) Glenn Kessler.

Hillary Clinton could say the sun never sets in Martha's Vinyard and Kessler would claim she's half right. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
A quick scan of that datavase proives that the tabulators were actually lying about what that database is. They counted predictions as lies, they counted differences of opinions as lies, and they counted some truths as lies. Then they took all of those and tallied base don the numbe roftimes he claims Trump said them... but how that was tallied is fuzzy, and based on his "fact check" I'm not giving him anounce of credibility. Here are a quick 10 of the highest tally lies on the first page:

For instance:

1) Kessler state that Trump's claim that they built the greatest economy of all time is marked as a lie, and then Kessler decides to define "greatest" very narrowly on aspects that he decided made a great economy. IfTrump's claim is a lie then Kessler's explanation of better economies would also be a lie by the same criteria. ... and Kessler attributed 493 lies to this non-lie alone.

2) Largest Tax cuts: Kessler again choosed after the fact to define the statement as % of GDP and then says it is a lie... a common trend with Kessler to choose a definition to engineer a lie which is really a difference of opinion... That is 296....

3) Rebuilt the Military: This is a truth, and Kessler can't even deny it, claiming only that some years lagged behind the peak of the wars in the ME, when adjusted for inflation... a stupid, weasely non-definition thatKessler attributes to being a "lie" ... 250 times.

4) Rebuild the Military Part 2: In this statement Trump states that as part of rebuilding the military hey got new equipment... Kessler calls that a "lie" because 20% of the budget was on Equipment. So.. it's the truth, but Kessler calls it a lie... 117 times...

5) Slashed more Job killing regulations: Here Kessler does the reverse, instead of narrowly defining "job killing regulations" he takes a broad view to distract from the claim. That counts for 200....

6) Tarriffs on China brough $Billions to the US: This is true, and Kessler's explanation for why it is a lie also admitts it is true... but he marks it as a lie anyway... 248 times....

7) NATO now will pay hundreds of billions more: Kessler concludes that the increaseto minimum requirements will amoount to $400billion through 2024 ... but he still says it is a lie... 137 times...

8) Trump replaced NAFTA with USMCA: This is clearly true, but Kessler says that USMCA is like a modified NAFTA so he decided that this truth is a lie... 158 times.

9) Getting Chains of Title was hard for the land for the border Wall: Kessler's "lie" here is that most of the wall wasn't build on alreday acquired land... so it isn't a lie, even a little. But to Kessler it is a lie... 112 times.

10) The Border Wall has been successful in slowing drugs across the boarder: Here Kessler says Trump is lying because they has been a reduction in drug seizures across the southern boarder.... uh, Glenn? THat would mean the statement is true. Kessler marks that as a lie... 102 times...

And so on....

So that is 1,620 lies stated by GlennKessler on the first page, and I didn't even bother with the low-tally "lies". That is the majority of the "lies" Kessler claimed on the first page...

So no, I reject the stupid database created by the WaPo "fact checker", (read: Narrative Pusher) Glenn Kessler.

Hillary Clinton could say the sun never sets in Martha's Vinyard and Kessler would claim she's half right. :rolleyes:
Bwaahaahaahaahaa!
A60F6DD6-58E3-497C-90C8-11ABD09560DA.jpeg

The state of our election processes is, as you so accurately observe, despicable. The corruption and malpractice is both engineered and encouraged by the lying thieves we have elected.

It's really a shame that such a good idea is so roundly perverted by the corrupt and corrupting system(s) that have flowed like sewage into those running the place.

Your view of Trump seems to be based on the efforts of the media to distort information and deceive the weak minded. You need to ask yourself why you are in the groups victimized by these efforts.

Things that are vilified are often vilified because they are villainous.

Things that are ridiculed are often ridiculed because they are ridiculous.
What corruption are you referring to above? And why do you think the Trump team was above those corrupted systems? If the system is corrupt, Trump used the corrupt system same as Biden, so it's not a defense of Trump or Trumpism. Trump in fact made the system worse by lying for months about election fraud, and undermining every part of our actual voting system.

Well, at leat you were fast on your retreat.
Nope it's hilarious.
Throw out 20% and that asshole still lied 24K+ times.
Unprecedented and worthless moron is Trump.
You keep sucking down his......Kool Aid.

Nope it's hilarious.
Throw out 20% and that asshole still lied 24K+ times.
Unprecedented and worthless moron is Trump.
You keep sucking down his......Kool Aid.

Except that the 20% you pulled out of your nether regions. Of the claims on the first page, I grabbed the first 10 I came across with high numbers and found that 100% of them were actually lies by Glenn Kessler, not Trump. You choose to believe Glenn Kessler unquestioningly, despite the evidence that he is lying to you, because it fits your desired narrative, and nothing more.

You tossed it out as incontravertible evidence when it would appear you didn't even read it. :rolleyes:

And when challenged with actual citatoions of from your source your response was with a political cartoon... because you seem to have outsourced your opinion and ability to debate to other people.

Except that the 20% you pulled out of your nether regions. Of the claims on the first page, I grabbed the first 10 I came across with high numbers and found that 100% of them were actually lies by Glenn Kessler, not Trump. You choose to believe Glenn Kessler unquestioningly, despite the evidence that he is lying to you, because it fits your desired narrative, and nothing more.

You tossed it out as incontravertible evidence when it would appear you didn't even read it. :rolleyes:

And when challenged with actual citatoions of from your source your response was with a political cartoon... because you seem to have outsourced your opinion and ability to debate to other people.
Now I'm really laughing at you.
That cartoon reflected your political beliefs
You're lack of self awareness is even more hilarious.

Now I'm really laughing at you.
That cartoon reflected your political beliefs
You're lack of self awareness is even more hilarious.

Well, no it didn't. It just reflected your command of the subject and ability to debate it.

Well, no it didn't. It just reflected your command of the subject and ability to debate it.
‘But, but, but Donald my hero never lies!’
‘That there election was done stolen!’
But of course you are. 🤣

The question raised on this thread is "
Why does Trump command such support?

Several posters are referring to Trump lies or not.

Biden has recently referred to 500,000 American people have died of Covid 19.

Trump's inference at the start was that there was no virus crisis. He pretended to have suffered from the virus, although his 'illness' was the mildest I have seen affecting anyone else. Even the White House medics were reluctant to confirm on camera that he was hospitalised because of the virus infection.

So, to make the question simple, has Trump contributed to this high death toll of Americans to the covid virus? Forget the word lies, as it is a smoke screen, but Trump has not acted as a responsible citizen in keeping the American people safe from a deadly disease. That is surely inarguable isn't it?

The former guy built up the hatred between right and left to a degree we've never seen before. It's not healthy.

So, once again we are back to the fact you label yourself a "Christian" yet ignore most of Christian orthodoxy.

You could go stand in a barn and call yourself a tractor and it would be just as accurate as you calling yourself a Christian.

THE basic idea guiding and informing my faith is whether or not Christ said it.

I have a friend who condemns Gays because somewhere in the Bible, Gays are condemned. I'm really not sure that Christ said that Gays must be condemned. Did He?

In the same way that the Law of Moses was redefined, so much of the Bible was redefined.

Are you a Christian?

Feel free to provide evidence that the rules are are biased in favor of one political party or the other.

In Pennsylvania, mail-in ballots were verified to have been sent by the voter qualified to vote exclusively by use of the review of the signature.

The review of the signature was ruled to be useless in this endeavor.

Instead of using a process in which verification IS possible, Pennsylvanians decided that no verification WOULD be performed at all.

This change in the rules is said to have favored the Democrat Party Candidates.

Another loser making an empty claim with no factual basis. Does it embarrass you at all that you parrot lies and do so with complete and unrestrained ignorance?

WaPo is paywalled for me. I will not pay for propaganda.

Does it concern you at all that when a person has an opinion that departs from the dogma you embrace, they are said to be lying by the propagandists at WaPo?

Spoken from a position of absolute ignorance.

I don't claim to be a theologian. I'm only asking a question that seemed to rise from the post to which I responded.

Are you a theologian?

What corruption are you referring to above? And why do you think the Trump team was above those corrupted systems? If the system is corrupt, Trump used the corrupt system same as Biden, so it's not a defense of Trump or Trumpism. Trump in fact made the system worse by lying for months about election fraud, and undermining every part of our actual voting system.

Our elections are run at the state level.

Trump, at the Federal level, was not arranging the election rules and procedures.

States currently have about 100 bills pending that address voting procedures.

The former guy built up the hatred between right and left to a degree we've never seen before. It's not healthy.

How true!

That is the issue which Trump supporters will not apparently accept?

Another loser making an empty claim with no factual basis. Does it embarrass you at all that you parrot lies and do so with complete and unrestrained ignorance?

WaPo is paywalled for me. I will not pay for propaganda.

Does it concern you at all that when a person has an opinion that departs from the dogma you embrace, they are said to be lying by the propagandists at WaPo?
Embarrassment is believing the lying, bragging moron Trump.
Have some more Trump Kool Aid and take a nap on your My Pillow.

I don't claim to be a theologian. I'm only asking a question that seemed to rise from the post to which I responded.

Are you a theologian?
Your biblical ignorance is stunning.
Not about theology, as you have missed the most rudimentary (that means basic) concepts.

Our elections are run at the state level.

Trump, at the Federal level, was not arranging the election rules and procedures.
And you didn't identify any corruption. Most states are run by Trump supporting Republicans.

States currently have about 100 bills pending that address voting procedures.
Sure they do - too many people voted last time and the GOP doesn't like it when there is a large turnout. That hurts GOP candidates. Blacks like to organize voting on Sunday, so GA is proposing to kill early voting on Sundays. That's not a coincidence, they just didn't like it Abrams helped encourage lots of blacks to vote in GA and they now have two Democratic Senators. That was also one of the voting rules changes in NC, where the court found the GOP with 'surgical precision' took aim at any voting rules that made it easier for blacks in that state to vote and reversed them, but the real problem with NC was they were too obvious about it.

So you're proving the point in reverse.

Last edited:
He has made such colossal mistakes and even worse demanded such physical support from those who wish to follow him, despite his having vilified all branches of society. In particular he seems to gain considerable female support despite having ridiculed them at every opportunity.

If the American population care about how the rest of the world view them, then they would not support Trump.

Furthermore if America really does advocate democracy, have you considered how the rest of the world view the prospects of democracy if America cannot operate it successfully?
Conservatives like his policy positions more than the crazed left wing positions of democrats. The "world" sees the U.S. as an open checkbook and Donald stopped paying out for other countries expenses. Why would we think pay out for other countries is a good thing?

How true!

That is the issue which Trump supporters will not apparently accept?

In what way and by what words or actions did he do so
Embarrassment is believing the lying, bragging moron Trump.
Have some more Trump Kool Aid and take a nap on your My Pillow.

Do you have any real world facts or evidence to support your hate or has it now become self perpetuating?

Back
Top Bottom