• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why does this happen?

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Ok, so I click the far right button to indicate that particular quote is one of several I'm responding to. Then, say I've selected three, I hit reply with quote and all three quotes come up. So far so good. I respond to each and go merrily on my way.

then, let's say later, I want to respond to one quote. I click reply with quote and that single one posts as well as the other three I finished with a while ago.

How do I stop this. Anyone know?

go to the posts that keep popping up and unclick multi-quote

What I've noticed Mags, is that if you select those quotes but then don't actually "use" it, it's still checked off and it'll keep coming up. You can either go back and uncheck it or if you go to another thread and try a reply it'll tell you that you have some quotes selected from another thread and do you want to select them.

That can be a pain in the ass in a long thread though.

If you have to do it every time you use mutli quote then definetly, but this only happens to me every once in awhile, I'm not sure what causes it

Ok, so I click the far right button to indicate that particular quote is one of several I'm responding to. Then, say I've selected three, I hit reply with quote and all three quotes come up. So far so good. I respond to each and go merrily on my way.

then, let's say later, I want to respond to one quote. I click reply with quote and that single one posts as well as the other three I finished with a while ago.

I don't know but what I do is I hit "Reply with Quote" for each post, hit ctl-v to paste the quotes I've already copied into the new post, hit ctl-a to select the entire post, and then hit ctl-c to copy all the text.

If you have to do it every time you use mutli quote then definetly, but this only happens to me every once in awhile, I'm not sure what causes it

Yeah, same here actually.

Hmmm, I never thought of that. I'll try it.

I am not sure if it will be there in your situation, but I have had it a number of times where under the textbox to type your post in it will let you deselect the multiquote. Check for that. If it is there, it will make things a tad easier for you, but it may not be(I get where it tells me I have multiquotes selected, but does not add the quotes to the post, so not exactly as you describe).

I was just about to post the same question. It seems random to me. Sometimes the multi-quote sticks even when I do use them. Sometimes they clear just fine. And going back and unclicking them afterward is a PITA in a long thread.

I feel like it's a software glitch of some sort. I don't remember older versions being that picky, but don't quote me on that. (Pun somewhat intended. :2razz:)

Hmmm, I never thought of that. I'll try it.

I am not sure if it will be there in your situation, but I have had it a number of times where under the textbox to type your post in it will let you deselect the multiquote. Check for that. If it is there, it will make things a tad easier for you, but it may not be(I get where it tells me I have multiquotes selected, but does not add the quotes to the post, so not exactly as you describe).

I was just about to post the same question. It seems random to me. Sometimes the multi-quote sticks even when I do use them. Sometimes they clear just fine. And going back and unclicking them afterward is a PITA in a long thread.

I feel like it's a software glitch of some sort. I don't remember older versions being that picky, but don't quote me on that. (Pun somewhat intended. :2razz:)

Test.

Hmmm, sometimes it happens to me too. I think clearing the cache in my browser cleans it up. But it didn't happen this time. :shrug:

The multi-quote thing has never worked for me. I have other issues, so I think it's my browser (IE).

The multi-quote thing has never worked for me. I have other issues, so I think it's my browser (IE).

I clung to my IE for years and years because it was the only browser I'd ever used. Hugh begged me to change to Chrome, for my sake and his since I had so many problems with it, lol. So I changed, LOVE Chrome and never looked back! Also, am not plagued with all the hiccups and quirks I used to ask Hugh tech questions about.

I clung to my IE for years and years because it was the only browser I'd ever used. Hugh begged me to change to Chrome, for my sake and his since I had so many problems with it, lol. So I changed, LOVE Chrome and never looked back! Also, am not plagued with all the hiccups and quirks I used to ask Hugh tech questions about.

I suffer from tremendous technological incuriosity and, okay, ennui. :3oops: Hugh has made the same recs to me, and I'm thinking about it. And the computer is bugging me daily to upgrade to IE11. Norton Pro would be happy too if I switched to Chrome, but I just HATE the idea of Google having so much control.

Not that I know what I'm talking about. I didn't know when I purchased my Motorola phone that it's hooked up with Google and Chrome, and it's very inconvenient, but I won't access my Yahoo account from my phone. Just because I hate Google and don't want to give it the password. Ha, ignorance and paranoia are a terrible combo! :3oops:

yes this has happened to me too

I use Firefox, Chrome and E

I find it can occur when using any of them

I'm a Firefox user since Netscape and love it over even Chrome. But I had problems with Debate Politics Spy mode freezing up after a few lines. I asked Hugh about it and he said no known problems. After a few updates it quit doing this on its own. Don't know if it was DP or the browser. Sometimes these correct themselves with an update.

I suffer from tremendous technological incuriosity and, okay, ennui. :3oops: Hugh has made the same recs to me, and I'm thinking about it. And the computer is bugging me daily to upgrade to IE11. Norton Pro would be happy too if I switched to Chrome, but I just HATE the idea of Google having so much control.

Not that I know what I'm talking about. I didn't know when I purchased my Motorola phone that it's hooked up with Google and Chrome, and it's very inconvenient, but I won't access my Yahoo account from my phone. Just because I hate Google and don't want to give it the password. Ha, ignorance and paranoia are a terrible combo! :3oops:
I totally understand this.

Back
Top Bottom