• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why does the world allow ISRAEL to "GET AWAY WITH IT" ??

PaulAshley

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Why does the rest of the world allow the State of Israel to get away with pretty well anything they darnwell want to??
They are a small nation - small geographicallym small in population, small in their positive contribution to the world at large and small minded.
Why DOES then such a small nation occupy so much international press and coverage?? Why IS so much importance placed on THIS particular place??
Next to the United States, Israel is the most belligerent, warlike, reckless and bloody-minded nation on this planet.
Why then DOES everyone else (pretty much) stand by passively - or maybe a tut-tut and small slap on the wrist - and watch thenm commit bloody murder, atrocities, humanitarian crimes and the VERY things that they of their own Jewish faith were subjected to so badly by the Nazis. Now Israel is THE Nazi state and just like back in the Germany of the 1930's and early 1940's, the majority of the International community stands there, acting helpless, hardly challenges Israel at all and allows them to get away with well, pretty darnwell anything they want to.
Why IS everyone so afraid of this small parcel of real estate?? What "special right" have they got that they can do these things??
If there is a JIHAD really going on anywhere then it is surely going on in Israel/Palstine.
Without the annual BILLIONS of "foreign aid" which comes from their prime patron, the United States, Israel would be wingless and legless.
If Israel claims "justification" for cutting off electricity and infrastructure (and therefore living conditions) to hundreds of thousands of Palestinians, why then is there no clamouring from the other nations to cut off the "foreign aid" to Israel??
Would anyone like to make some comments here?

What, exactly is Israel 'getting away with'? It seems to me that it is often the Arab nations that 'get away with it' (homocide bombings, unprovoked attacks, etc...) because most other countries are fearful of loss of oil.

Why IS everyone so afraid of this small parcel of real estate??
Can you clarify what you mean by this? How is everyone afraid of Israel?

Why DOES then such a small nation occupy so much international press and coverage?? Why IS so much importance placed on THIS particular place??
Actually, it is the entire Middle East that gets the press. Economically, it's because conflict sells. Israel tends to be the focal point because of the Arab nations attacks against her.

Why then DOES everyone else (pretty much) stand by passively - or maybe a tut-tut and small slap on the wrist - and watch thenm commit bloody murder, atrocities, humanitarian crimes
Why does everyone (except the U.S.) stand by passively - or maybe a tut-tut and small slap on the wrist - and watch Palestinian/Arab terrorists commit bloody murder, atrocities, humanitarian crimes. Other countries consistently support Arab nations because of their dependance on oil. Even when Arab terrorists target some of these other countries in the same attrocious, murdering ways as they do Israel, still they support the Arabs. Oil is thicker than blood.

Israeli relations with the states of Western Europe have been conditioned by European desires to further their own commercial interests and ties with the Arab world and their heavy dependence on Middle Eastern oil.
http://lcweb2.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?frd/cstdy:mad:field(DOCID+il0138)

It also has diplomatic relations with Japan, although Japan's trade relations with the Arab states and Iran take precedence over those with Israel.
http://lcweb2.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?frd/cstdy:mad:field(DOCID+il0140)

Without the annual BILLIONS of "foreign aid" which comes from their prime patron, the United States, Israel would be wingless and legless.
Israel would certainly have major problems without aid from the U.S. If other countries support Israel, oil imports could be cut or they could be targeted for a terror attack. Only the U.S. has the guts to stand up to the bullies.

It seems to me that all this current massacre is one BIG pretext for BIG, BIG, BIG US-Lead invasion into Syria and Iran.

Just remember how it was about 25 years ago.

Tell you what....when suicide bombers come into your town blowing up your children or your neighboring county starts lobbing bombs into your neighborhood, then you can stand on your soapbox and tell us how bad Isreal is.

I said it a month ago. This festering boil needs to be lanced once and for all. Isreal is well within her rights to take whatever measures they deem necessary to stop the continued attacks against her. I hope they heap a world of hurt on any and everybody that wants to wipe them off the face of the planet as the arabs in the Middle east do. It's a matter of self-preservation on their part.

I think they can whop every country over there with one hand tied behind their back and I am confused as to why they haven't already. I really do hope they open a can of whup-a$$ and get this over with once and for all.

The fact of the matter is Israel, or 'Palestine', is important to us. People recognize names like Jerusalem, Hebron, Nazareth, or Lebanon. It's almost like a place we (christian/jewish/islamic americans) grew up with. That's a big reason why Israel/Palestine is often reported, but Pakistan/India almost nuclear conflicts are not.

PaulAshley said:
Why does the rest of the world allow the State of Israel to get away with pretty well anything they darnwell want to??
They are a small nation - small geographicallym small in population, small in their positive contribution to the world at large and small minded.
Next to the United States, Israel is the most belligerent, warlike, reckless and bloody-minded nation on this planet.
Why then DOES everyone else (pretty much) stand by passively - or maybe a tut-tut and small slap on the wrist - and watch thenm commit bloody murder, atrocities, humanitarian crimes and the VERY things that they of their own Jewish faith were subjected to so badly by the Nazis. Now Israel is THE Nazi state and just like back in the Germany of the 1930's and early 1940's, the majority of the International community stands there, acting helpless, hardly challenges Israel at all and allows them to get away with well, pretty darnwell anything they want to.
Why IS everyone so afraid of this small parcel of real estate?? What "special right" have they got that they can do these things??
If there is a JIHAD really going on anywhere then it is surely going on in Israel/Palstine.
If Israel claims "justification" for cutting off electricity and infrastructure (and therefore living conditions) to hundreds of thousands of Palestinians, why then is there no clamouring from the other nations to cut off the "foreign aid" to Israel??
Would anyone like to make some comments here?

Hello Paul, (which by the way is not your real name...;) )

Tell me something paul just how many countries in the Middle East are coming to the aid the Hezbolla? hmm? What are we hearing from the house of Saud?

Captain America said:
Tell you what....when suicide bombers come into your town blowing up your children or your neighboring county starts lobbing bombs into your neighborhood, then you can stand on your soapbox and tell us how bad Isreal is.

How would you feel if some random people suddenly come and say 'by the rights of god we own this land' and tell you all get out of your homeland for over 2000 years - and when you refuse, they send thousands of well-trained troops and slaughter thousands? The Palestinians lost over 90% of their land - how can anyone not hold lasting grudges about that?

Yet these terrorists arent helping the situation with their continued bombings - they just make people despise them more and the hope of a peaceful settlement impossible

They could have stayed in Israel and actually led a decent life, instead the "Palestinians" waged a war against Israel the day after it was created and lost. Winner is entitled to the spoils of war.

PaulAshley said:
Probably because United Nations (of tyrants too) resolution 242 is being violated by Syria and the Palestinians...ever since 1967 by support for terrorism.

I am sure the United Nations (of tyrants too) only wants to send peacekeepers to protect the terrorists. :cool:

Captain America said:
Well it's not like US citizens haven't been bombed or had their soldiers captured. I think this current crisis would have been better handled by good intelligence and a special forces raid. They've clearly gone beyond what was necessary to get the captured soldiers without actually rescuing them.

Captain America said:
I said it a month ago. This festering boil needs to be lanced once and for all.
What does this mean exactly? For example, could they have defeated the Palistinians any more than they already have? Yet the Palistinians are still attacking them any way they can. Not to be rude, but it seems like you must have some "final solution" in mind because military defeats are meaningless to terrorists. Bombing Beruit, killing and terrorizing civilians, and creating a half million refugees is about the best terrorist recruiting tool you could ask for. If you ask me their lancing a "boil" with an infected needle.

cascadian said:
Well it's not like US citizens haven't been bombed or had their soldiers captured. I think this current crisis would have been better handled by good intelligence and a special forces raid. They've clearly gone beyond what was necessary to get the captured soldiers without actually rescuing them.

What does this mean exactly? For example, could they have defeated the Palistinians any more than they already have? Yet the Palistinians are still attacking them any way they can. Not to be rude, but it seems like you must have some "final solution" in mind because military defeats are meaningless to terrorists. Bombing Beruit, killing and terrorizing civilians, and creating a half million refugees is about the best terrorist recruiting tool you could ask for. If you ask me their lancing a "boil" with an infected needle.

You take our soldiers we kill you and destroy your means of resupply. Seems like an adequate response to dealing with terrorist. See no reason for a proportionate response to terrorist and those that support, allow, condone aid, assist, help, feed, cloth, or house terrorist.

The Truth-Bringer said:
How would you feel if some random people suddenly come and say 'by the rights of god we own this land' and tell you all get out of your homeland for over 2000 years - and when you refuse, they send thousands of well-trained troops and slaughter thousands? The Palestinians lost over 90% of their land - how can anyone not hold lasting grudges about that?

Yet these terrorists arent helping the situation with their continued bombings - they just make people despise them more and the hope of a peaceful settlement impossible

It actually has not been their home for 2000 years, and was originally occupied by Jews (under the name of Judea). I mean, if you want to go back in history, might as well go all the way back, right?

Well from that I heard is it so far: 200 civilians killed, 10 lebanese soldiers and 2 Hizbollah killed. Also for the record 20 Israelian civilian killed as a response to the Israelian atacks. Even if it's just an excuse and of course bad it's easy how it can been accepted, because if Israel are allowed to mostly kill civilians why can't Hizbollah do the same?

If those number are correct I think even hardline Israelies should question the Israelian response. Because yes the atack on the Israelian soldiers was bad, but there should have been smarter way to deal with it.

Also the Israel response have been very good for Hizbollaha that can strengthen there support in Libanes and also the hardliners inside Hizbollah will strengthen there position over those inside Hizbollah that are willing to comprise.

Bergslagstroll said:
Well from that I heard is it so far: 200 civilians killed, 10 lebanese soldiers and 2 Hizbollah killed. Also for the record 20 Israelian civilian killed as a response to the Israelian atacks. Even if it's just an excuse and of course bad it's easy how it can been accepted, because if Israel are allowed to mostly kill civilians why can't Hizbollah do the same?

If those number are correct I think even hardline Israelies should question the Israelian response. Because yes the atack on the Israelian soldiers was bad, but there should have been smarter way to deal with it.

Also the Israel response have been very good for Hizbollaha that can strengthen there support in Libanes and also the hardliners inside Hizbollah will strengthen there position over those inside Hizbollah that are willing to comprise.

I believe this quote says it best:

Brig. Gen. Ido Nehushtan insisted the Israeli army never targets civilians but has no way of knowing if they are in an area it is striking. "Civilians might be in the area because Hezbollah is operating from civilian territory," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060720...A4UvioA;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

The fault for the civilian casualties lies on the shoulders of the militants who use them for shields, not Israel.

PaulAshley said:
Really? War for what reason twinkletoes? Conquest? Domination of it's neighbours? Israel used to occupy Lebanon, they gave it back on the premise that they would not be attacked from there any longer. The last time Israel had a fight with Egypt they kicked the living s**t out of them and took the whole of the Sinai, any idea why it isn't on the map of Israel? That's right, because they gave it back! You may recall recently that Israel ceased occupying Gaza as it was felt that to do so was an obstruction to the peace process with the Palestinians. Warlike? Only because they are subjected to living in a state of war by the other players in the region.
PaulAshley said:
Now Israel is THE Nazi state and just like back in the Germany of the 1930's and early 1940's, the majority of the International community stands there, acting helpless, hardly challenges Israel at all and allows them to get away with well, pretty darnwell anything they want to.
I think if you do a little research on the doctrine of the Nazi Party then you'll find that Israel is pretty tolerant in comparison. Hitler had people sent to death for being of an opposing political persuasion, for being gypsies, even for having the misfortune to be disabled or handicapped. I assure you, Nazi Germany would not have tolerated anything like what Israel does. Have you ever heard the term Einzatsgruppen? Look it up.
PaulAshley said:
:roll: This really is too easy. Without the fiancial aid provided by the US and EU, regardless of the fact that it has a terrorist government and willfully continues it's campaign of murder against the Israelis, the Palestinian Authority and the Palestinian state as a whole would collapse.
PaulAshley said:
Because were nice folks. We like trying to help others less fortunate than ourselves, and were not too fussy either, see how we in the US and Europe help out both the Israelis and the damned ungrateful Palestinians as well, we don't choose favourites, we just try to help. It's a bad thing sometimes because we can find ourselves helping one side that is trying it's best, and another that is belligerent and hostile, some of us ask ourselves if we ought to only help those who do as we say, but we carry on being as fair as we can. Israel doesn't shoot missiles at me, so I don't mind helping them out. The Palestinians don't shoot missiles at me so I guess I'll help them out too. But if either of them were shooting missiles at me you can be damn sure that they would be getting their roads, bridges, power stations, airports, seaports, and hospitals bombed all to hell in return.

Kelzie said:
The fault for the civilian casualties lies on the shoulders of the militants who use them for shields, not Israel.
I have problems with blanket statements like this that absolve actors of all responsiblity with no need to be humane or sensible about their actions simply because terrorists are involved. There doesn't seem to be any room for argument since you could excuse anything no matter how horrific by just blaming somebody else.

For example, I'm assuming you would be opposed to lining up the Lebanese and shooting them until we eventually kill everyone in Hizbollah. Try stating your argument in a way that seperates reasonable and unreasonable reactions and actions on the part of Israel.

Calm2Chaos said:
See no reason for a proportionate response to terrorist and those that support, allow, condone aid, assist, help, feed, cloth, or house terrorist.
It all depends upon what your goal is. If you'd like to kill innocent people, terrorize a nation, and create a refugee crisis, then you've succeeded wonderfully. If you want to get the soldiers back, you've failed miserably so far. If you want to protect Israel, well you haven't been successful yet with 31 dead and counting.

What about the people that just happen to be in the neighborhood? How many children would you blow up to get a bad guy? 20, 200 2,000? Go ahead and pick a number.

cascadian said:
I have problems with blanket statements like this that absolve actors of all responsiblity with no need to be humane or sensible about their actions simply because terrorists are involved. There doesn't seem to be any room for argument since you could excuse anything no matter how horrific by just blaming somebody else.

For example, I'm assuming you would be opposed to lining up the Lebanese and shooting them until we eventually kill everyone in Hizbollah. Try stating your argument in a way that seperates reasonable and unreasonable reactions and actions on the part of Israel.

I didn't say any of this. Try stating your argument in a way that actually refutes what I said and I'll consider restating mine.

Kelzie said:
I didn't say any of this. Try stating your argument in a way that actually refutes what I said and I'll consider restating mine.
I didn't present an argument yet, Kelzie. My point is that you've offered no grounds for argument in the first place, because you've simply given a blanket excuse for anything that Israel might do.
Kelzie said:
If you disagree my assessment just explain how your above quote gives some kind of reasonable boundaries for Israel's behavior.

cascadian said:
I didn't present an argument yet, Kelzie. My point is that you've offered no grounds for argument in the first place, because you've simply given a blanket excuse for anything that Israel might do.

If you disagree my assessment just explain how your above quote gives some kind of reasonable boundaries for Israel's behavior.

See, your problem is that you're attempting to take a response to one subject (why there are so many civilian casualties) and apply it to another (reasonable boundaries for Israel). I don't feel like playing that game.

Kelzie said:
See, your problem is that you're attempting to take a response to one subject (why there are so many civilian casualties) and apply it to another (reasonable boundaries for Israel). I don't feel like playing that game.

its not some kinda word game. Its a simple argument. You cannot blame the militants for all the civilian deaths. Would you try to bomb a crowd of innocent people to get a terrorist hiding among them, or organize raids through the special forces to take that guy out?

The families of the civilians are obviously not thinking its the militants fault. Its an israeli bomb that killed them. At worst they are angry and frustrated at both parties. So all you have a is a fresh batch of angry civilians who are now willing to fight against the Israeli invaders.

nkgupta80 said:
its not some kinda word game. Its a simple argument. You cannot blame the militants for all the civilian deaths. Would you try to bomb a crowd of innocent people to get a terrorist hiding among them, or organize raids through the special forces to take that guy out?

The families of the civilians are obviously not thinking its the militants fault. Its an israeli bomb that killed them. At worst they are angry and frustrated at both parties. So all you have a is a fresh batch of angry civilians who are now willing to fight against the Israeli invaders.

It wasn't a word game, unfortunately it is now since people insist on attributing arguments to me that I am not making. Where did I say the militants were to blame for all civilian deaths? Sometimes missiles miss. Sometimes there's crossfire. That's what happens in war, it's unfortunate, but it's reality. And proportionality is a rule that all civilized forces use, Israel included. Of course, the people that you are defending don't care about proportionality, but I'm sure that won't stop you.

Kelzie said:
It wasn't a word game, unfortunately it is now since people insist on attributing arguments to me that I am not making. Where did I say the militants were to blame for all civilian deaths? Sometimes missiles miss. Sometimes there's crossfire. That's what happens in war, it's unfortunate, but it's reality. And proportionality is a rule that all civilized forces use, Israel included. Of course, the people that you are defending don't care about proportionality, but I'm sure that won't stop you.
Proportionality? Israel? they have killed over 300 civilians to get 2 troops back, which they have not accomplished yet.
I agree that Israel has the right to do what needs to be done here, but don't try to disguise it as a proportional response to the offense.

And whi is nick 'tryin to defend'? Sounds like lebanese civilians.....?

::Major_Baker:: said:
Proportionality? Israel? they have killed over 300 civilians to get 2 troops back, which they have not accomplished yet.
I agree that Israel has the right to do what needs to be done here, but don't try to disguise it as a proportional response to the offense.

And whi is nick 'tryin to defend'? Sounds like lebanese civilians.....?

It's not just to get their guys out anymore, it's also to bring down Hezbollah, which unfortunately sets up their military targets right next to civilians. Oh but I'm sure that's Israel's fault too.

Interesting thread title. I wonder what the responses might be if the question was,

Why did the world allow Hamas and Hezbollah to "GET AWAY WITH IT"?

Back
Top Bottom