• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why does the "Left" get the monopoly on Progression?

Abbazorkzog

Zapatista Libertarian
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Why are Progressives inherently Left-Wing? When are people going to wake up and realize the Left and Right wing are both one and the same with regard to repressiveness?

what.

Any ideology taken to an extreme becomes repressive.

Your avatar is really idiotic, btw.

The Right are regressive...as in Make America White Again. By it's very definition 'conservative' means traditional values, resistant to change, especially in religion and politics....reactionary.

That is almost complete opposite of progressive, imo.

The Right are regressive...as in Make America White Again. By it's very definition 'conservative' means traditional values, resistant to change, especially in religion and politics....reactionary.

Legitimate view-point, imo as well. I think we as a people need to make an effort to combat the notion of progression being a specifically "Left-Wing" ideology, and thus disarm the Far-Right in their ammunition in labeling Progressives as being quote-unquote "Commies" or what have you............

In other words, we need to "Centralize" the Progressive movement.

Is there something inherently wrong with White people?
I'm just curious where this seemingly broad opinion that to be White or interested in White people, is now shameful.
And no I don't mean White supremacy.

Legitimate view-point, imo as well. I think we as a people need to make an effort to combat the notion of progression being a specifically "Left-Wing" ideology, and thus disarm the Far-Right in their ammunition in labeling Progressives as being quote-unquote "Commies" or what have you............

In other words, we need to "Centralize" the Progressive movement.

Hmm...well....do you think it helps your cause against far-right labeling...by labeling the GOP as Nazi's in your avatar? lol

Hmm...well....do you think it helps your cause against far-right labeling...by labeling the GOP as Nazi's in your avatar? lol

Well, I had some help from the guy in your avatar, of course. :p

I'm just curious where this seemingly broad opinion that to be White or interested in White people, is now shameful.

#WhitePeopleSuck

White supremacy is shameful...so if you didn't mean white supremacy, then what do you mean?

Why are Progressives inherently Left-Wing? When are people going to wake up and realize the Left and Right wing are both one and the same with regard to repressiveness?

Um, BTW your avatar is a pretty hyperbolic.

GOP =/= Nazi Party

GOP =/= Nazi Party

Well, this was before the GOP was usurped by Ultra-Nationalist Ethno-Authoritarian Donald Trump. Same way the German Workers' Party was usurped by Ultra-Nationalist Ethno-Authoritarian Adolf Hitler.

Well, I had some help from the guy in your avatar, of course. :p

My avatar just screams for accessories. Perhaps some little swastika earrings...or some devil horns would be cute. lol

Well, this was before the GOP was usurped by Ultra-Nationalist Ethno-Authoritarian Donald Trump. Same way the German Workers' Party was usurped by Ultra-Nationalist Ethno-Authoritarian Adolf Hitler.

Which party isn't going to have a majority of Euro based Whites?
Seriously, even Hispanic folks derive a lot of their racial and ethnicity from Euro based Whites.

It's not going to change anytime soon, unless we import a large part of China or India.

This thread started-out poorly, and just accelerated into pure fail ... :doh

GOP =/= Nazi Party

Especially considering that fascism was an outgrowth of the Progressive Movement which, after the horrors of WWII, somehow managed to morph into modern-day liberalism. (Somewhere between the publication of Margaret Sanger's The Pivot of Civilization and the culmination of Hitler's "Final Solution, "eugenics" became a four-letter word. I find it ironic that they once again proudly carry as their moniker "progressive." How soon they forget.) So it would be more appropriate to place the swastika over a jackass.

The Progressive Movement

Back
Top Bottom