• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why does the Iranian president make outrageous statements.

Why does Iranian president Ahmeadinejad say the things he does?

• He wants attention.

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • He's serious and wants to kick off Armageddon.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • He's just nuts.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
This guy is serious, and he's nuts - and that he chose yesterday to re-start his enrichment program isnt a coincidence

Sometime soon, there will be a strike aganst Iran.

All of the above options are absolutely correct.

The Real McCoy said:
Thoughts??

I rather suspect it's telling the powerful fundamentalist elements of Iranian society what they want to hear. A bit like Republicans running on platforms of social reform and only acting upon economic issues, or like Democrats in Congress condemning things they did nothing to stop when they could have.

He's telling people what they want to hear, and that's all. He may actually believe in what he says, but I doubt he'll really support his rhetoric with any meaningful action. "Israel must be wiped off the map," yet no Iranian forces have invaded...

He wants attention. We can't do anything to him because Bush got us tied up in Iraq but hopefully one of our allies will take care of him.

There is nothing wrong with him that a bullet couldn't solve.

I chose he wants attention. With the well-known sentiment among most Iranian citizens (for a more democratic/representative form of government) and the events being played out next door in Iraq, I think the powers-that-be in Iran are compensating with their rhetoric. I think they're nervous. I predict a backslide in the influence of the mullahs and extremists in Iran soon. Perhaps with our help, perhaps not.

Unfortunately it's much too late for an uprising, we must act as a united world, and bring these extremists to their knees!

Back
Top Bottom