• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why does the atheist act like a victim?

Valery

Reaction score
Creating and enforcing laws based on religious beliefs, is forcing others to live by those religious beliefs.
If you replace the word religious with atheistic in the sentence quoted above, you will see that atheists (here in particular) are prone to acting like a victim for no reason whatsoever.

Where do you/they get the need to act like a victim when you/they are trying to force others to live according to your/their preferences? Isn't this act of forcing others to live according to one's own standards, something atheists loath? Isn't this what they whine about day after day, year after year and decade after decade?

If this is not a double standard — what is?

I doubt atheists feel victimized except when religious laws overule real laws and common sense

Most atheists you will never hear from unless you are asked.

If you replace the word religious with atheistic in the sentence quoted above, you will see that atheists (here in particular) are prone to acting like a victim for no reason whatsoever.

Where do you/they get the need to act like a victim when you/they are trying to force others to live according to your/their preferences? Isn't this act of forcing others to live according to one's own standards, something atheists loath? Isn't this what they whine about day after day, year after year and decade after decade?

Can you point to a secular law that has forced you to go against your religious beliefs. Have you married a person or had sex with a person of the same sex because that has been made legal? Did you have an abortion because you can?
Do you have one example at least?

Can you point to a secular law that has forced you to go against your religious beliefs. Have you married a person or had sex with a person of the same sex because that has been made legal? Did you have an abortion because you can?
Do you have one example at least?
I have to look at half naked people outside.

All theists go around swathed in clothes from head to foot.
No, they do not.

You are making irrelevant orbiter dictums again. Do you have a job or something?
Yes, another idiotic thread.
This is what they call an ad hom.

Seriously — a job?
LOL, you feel persecuted because you can't make women wear burqas. Perhaps you should move to a country with sharia law where you'd be more welcome.
I didn't say anything about feeling persecuted. Don't attempt to speak for me. Remember, I don't have atheist morals.

I'm not just thinking of women. Men should cover themselves too.

Now you got to the topic, mate. You want to force you're preferences on me and all you can say in your defense is, "maybe you should move."

Who are you to say I should move? Maybe you should move.

Last edited:
So basically you have nothing to offer. Your op is nothing more than whinging that has little basis in reality.
My OP is perfectly clear and everyone here is too much of a coward to admit it's true and too aware of the truth in it to refute it. Now you're just trying to sweep the truth of the topic under the carpet and try to degrade my character and my religion instead.

Fortunately for you, I do have more examples of how secular law has forced me to go against my religious beliefs.

1. I have to mix with those of the opposite gender
  2. I have to reveal my face for a picture on a passport which is mandatory in some countries.

What does that have to do with atheism?
This way to atheism —> immorality —> shamelessness —> revealing private body parts —> fornication —> adultery —> kids out of wedlock —> abortions —> murder <—this way to atheism

A vicious circle of atheism.

Remember, I don't have atheist morals.

Well, with a little work and self awareness, you too may attain a strong moral compass like an atheist, and you can get there without the associated fear that religion brings with it. Just imagine...

Utilizing religious thinking as a foundation for societal ethics, which we call law, is problematic because religious thinking is variable across demographics, whereas atheistic thinking is not loaded with preconceived notions of morality and is therefore not subject to the same problem.

This way to atheism —> immorality —> shamelessness —> revealing private body parts —> fornication —> adultery —> kids out of wedlock —> abortions —> murder <—this way to atheism

A vicious circle of atheism.
Atheism doesn't lead to immorality any more (or less) that theism. They're both singular characteristics which mean very little on their own.

Nudity doesn't automatically lead to fornication, especially the kind of people "half naked" in public you're complaining about. If you can't see a bit of flesh without thinking of sex, that it entirely on you.

Regardless, can you identify the atheistic law which specifically requires you to look at "half naked" people in public?

tenor.gif

NOV19-Gervais-Laughing.gif

SourWeightyAmericankestrel-max-1mb.gif

Me being allowed to live free of your religion is not me making you live my way.

You are still allowed to have your somewhat crazy ideas about the Great Sky Daddy or which ever other deity you choose to belive in for some reason.

Atheism doesn't lead to immorality any more (or less) that theism. They're both singular characteristics which mean very little on their own
That's not true, but then you didn't try to prove it to be so anyway, did you? So let's just forget that point like you wish we would?

No, they do not.

You are making irrelevant orbiter dictums again. Do you have a job or something?

This is what they call an ad hom.

Seriously — a job?

I didn't say anything about feeling persecuted. Don't attempt to speak for me. Remember, I don't have atheist morals.

I'm not just thinking of women. Men should cover themselves too.

Now you got to the topic, mate. You want to force you're preferences on me and all you can say in your defense is, "maybe you should move."

Who are you to say I should move? Maybe you should move.
Yes, you're self victimizing. Talking about how horrible persecuted you are because you can't control everybody else.

America isn't run by sharia law, so yes you should ****ing leave because you aren't welcome here.

This is a post full of falsehoods. No atheist I know wants to force other people to not believe in invisible sky fairies.

Remember folks, this guy talking about morals said that people who "insult Islam" should be put to death.

Back
Top Bottom