• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Does Civil Rights Activist Keep a Tally of the Declining White Population in his Office?

Why Does Mark Potok Keep a Tally of the Declining White Populations in his Office?

• Total voters

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
A Twitter user spotted something odd while watching a documentary about the Alt-Right on YouTube. During the interview with the SPLC' Mark Potok, the camera pans around Potok's office, and two graphs are clearly visible, one done in Potok's handwriting titled, 'Non-Hispanic Whites Proportion of U.S. Population', and the other showing the yearly increase of foreign born people into European countries, with the total percentage of foreign born on the right.

DyWYYL_XgAAtBjn

DyVoZ0IXgAAr9fn

To ward off those whose first response is accusations of a forgery, here is the documentary where the pictures were taken from-

Mark Potok now writes for the Daily Beast where his bio reads:

Mark Potok is an expert on the radical right based in Montgomery, Ala. Now at work on a book, he was an official of the Southern Poverty Law Center, a civil rights organization known for monitoring the extreme right, for 20 years.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/author/mark-potok

Mark Potok

0108-10-280.jpg

Why would someone whose stated mission is to 'monitor the extreme right' actually appear to be monitoring the declining white American & European populations?

Am I the only one who thinks Mark Potok's real obsession is with demographics change, and not the scary extreme right?

Last edited:
Because the lower that number gets, the more desperate and paranoid white supremacists become. Don't let it drop below 50% or you might *gasp* be treated like a minority!

Because he probably had some paper or report to write or an op-ed to fact check?

God forbid anyone should keep sta...sta...statistics!!!

Why would someone whose stated mission is to 'monitor the extreme right' actually appear to be monitoring the declining white American & European populations?

Maybe Mr. Potok is warning his beloved Southern Poverty Law Center that it should start preparing now to eventually target another scapegoat.

Little to nothing to worry about, the shift in the demographics of the nation are well documented.

And it tends to scare the hell out of those on the far right.

Because he's looking forward to the day he and his ilk can begin the genocide.

Because the lower that number gets, the more desperate and paranoid white supremacists become. Don't let it drop below 50% or you might *gasp* be treated like a minority!

Yes. You might have to flee the country!

What the black racists don't understand is that the rising Latino tide, is as bad for them as any racist white. However, because the Mexican are a minority and vote democrat, the media won't discuss it. If you look around you see black and white mingling more than black and Latino.

This country is more racist now that it ever was, and I lay the fault at the hyphenation of ancestory back in the '70's, and Obama's identity politics. There is no country anymore. Only a collection of "we's". Or so it appears. Personally, IMO, the "normal" people are not flailing about in this TDS mess, but going on about their lives hoping for the best. And when it is time to vote they look were America was and where it is, and vote on that.

They're gonna miss us when we're gone.

They're gonna miss us when we're gone.

Considering the fact that white supremacists have yet to contribute a single thing of value to this or any other country.... no, not really.

Did your ubersturmfeurher tell you to post that?

Nope he was too busy telling your Klan leader what to tell the whiskey tango hicks who believe civil rights activists are planning a genocide.

Oh, and making lists of leftists to exterminate. I know that sort of thing makes you real excited buddy.

Nope he was too busy telling your Klan leader what to tell the whiskey tango hicks who believe civil rights activists are planning a genocide.

Oh, and making lists of leftists to exterminate. I know that sort of thing makes you real excited buddy.

Have you been inducted into your local sturmaßteilung, yet?

Have you been inducted into your local sturmaßteilung, yet?

Yawn. I get historical ignorance is your thing, but even for you that’s sad. The SA got wiped out well before the Second World War began. You are likely thinking of the Schutzstaffel......you know, the guys in the black uniforms who stand behind your Klan leader when he tells you what to think.

Yes. You might have to flee the country!

What the black racists don't understand is that the rising Latino tide, is as bad for them as any racist white. However, because the Mexican are a minority and vote democrat, the media won't discuss it. If you look around you see black and white mingling more than black and Latino.

This country is more racist now that it ever was, and I lay the fault at the hyphenation of ancestory back in the '70's, and Obama's identity politics. There is no country anymore. Only a collection of "we's". Or so it appears. Personally, IMO, the "normal" people are not flailing about in this TDS mess, but going on about their lives hoping for the best. And when it is time to vote they look were America was and where it is, and vote on that.

"But Obama!"

it's all you people have at this point.

I can assure you, is that if anyone is paying attention to demographic changes, it's the GOP, who are fully aware that their majority white base isn't enough to keep them relevant politically for long. I can guarantee that when Trump is gone from office, they will pretend that they never supported him in the first place, and they will try and support a "latino" Republican like Rubio in the future, or someone more amnesty friendly like Jeb. That's what they wanted in 2016, but their radical base chose Trump, despite them repeatedly begging their base to NOT vote for him. That's what happens when you spend 8 years telling your base that Obama is a foreign born muslim with a fake birth certificate, who hates white people.

I can assure you, is that if anyone is paying attention to demographic changes, it's the GOP, who are fully aware that their majority white base isn't enough to keep them relevant politically for long. I can guarantee that when Trump is gone from office, they will pretend that they never supported him in the first place, and they will try and support a "latino" Republican like Rubio in the future, or someone more amnesty friendly like Jeb. That's what they wanted in 2016, but their radical base chose Trump, despite them repeatedly begging their base to NOT vote for him. That's what happens when you spend 8 years telling your base that Obama is a foreign born muslim with a fake birth certificate, who hates white people.

You seem to be conflating conservativism with race. You are wrong. Most people have the self respect needed to earn thrir own living and not live on the backs of others. That is the greatest division between democrats and republicans, and that is why the Latino vote is trending republican. Jobs, self respect, and a piece of the American dream should trancend all races.

You seem to be conflating conservativism with race. You are wrong. Most people have the self respect needed to earn thrir own living and not live on the backs of others. That is the greatest division between democrats and republicans, and that is why the Latino vote is trending republican. Jobs, self respect, and a piece of the American dream should trancend all races.

sure champ, whatever you say...:lol:

Considering the fact that white supremacists have yet to contribute a single thing of value to this or any other country.... no, not really.

Are you suggesting the white supremacists represent ALL of the white population, or even a large part of it?

I can't wait to see how you're going to lawyer your way through this...

Because the lower that number gets, the more desperate and paranoid white supremacists become.

There it is; everything is to be blamed back on white people. But your spin attempt doesn't take into consideration the fact that the SPLC is an American legal organization, with no offices in Europe. Potok closely follows demographic change in European countries, recording the projected yearly increases for each country. The SPLC has never been active in Europe.

Don't let it drop below 50% or you might *gasp* be treated like a minority!

How many times must I tell you? I am a minority in the state I was born in (California). I grew up a minority in my hometown. What about you?

Yet some managed to join the Marines, eh? There must have been at least a few to serve in the USMC. (I know Tiger thinks all white people are suspect of racism/supremacy)

How many times must I tell you? I am a minority in the state I was born in (California).

I hate to piss on your parade, but nobody here, with the possible exception of apdst, believes that crock of nonsense.

Because he probably had some paper or report to write or an op-ed to fact check?

God forbid anyone should keep sta...sta...statistics!!!

He seemed to use a green marker to highlight the European countries with the highest percentage of foreign born residents, with Sweden at the top at 18.5% foreign. That's interesting, because Sweden's own statistics office has it at only 17% for 2015, so Potok's intent was to record the projected increase.

One American working in Europe admitted she abuses the EU's immigration system, to push as many people through the door as possible, even instructing them to lie their way through the vetting process-

https://www.debatepolitics.com/euro...o-admits-coaching-migrants-lie-their-way.html

Back
Top Bottom