• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why does christianity consider Jesus(pbuh) as God?

secondboy

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
if Jesus was (is) a human like us?
are christians monotheist while they believe in three Gods?
is there more than one God for christians?
what does Jesus do that he is God or like God?
please don't say that 3=1 this statement dosn't justify a wise guy.
thank you.

secondboy said:
thank you.

well I don't really know....I have always heard that Jesus is the son of God and then there is the holy spirit and then there is regular God.....three in one....one in the same.....of course there are many such mystries in faith.....and again I could be wrong but as to the "Jesus was (is) a human like us?" thing, I am fairly certain that Jesus died....on a big wooden cross....so he (is) not alive.......he was alive though...

some believe that Jesus IS God, and others believe that Jesus is the SON OF GOD (myself included).

I dont know why some christians believe that Jesus IS God, because wouldnt that mean that God killed God's self.

does(did) Jesus worship God or not?if he worships(worshiped) God then God worships(worshiped) God and if he dosn't(didn't) then he is(was) sinful.

Well, I'm not a Christian, but I've always taken at face-value Christian claims that Jesus of Nazareth was sired by their deity. I can't accept their belief that he is, at the same time, also his father-- but I'm not typically willing to make a big deal out of it unless someone is being a jackass towards me.

He certainly would not be the first or last person on this Earth to be able to claim divine lineage.

Korimyr the Rat said:
He certainly would not be the first or last person on this Earth to be able to claim divine lineage.

Jesus(PBUH) never claimed divine lineage. He never said: "I'm a god". He never said: "Worship me". However, Christians do.

He simply was an apostle supported by Allah with some miracles(including his birth) just to prove that he was really sent by Allah. Very simple Very logic.

Aleem said:
Jesus(PBUH) never claimed divine lineage. He never said: "I'm a god". He never said: "Worship me". However, Christians do.

He simply was an apostle supported by Allah with some miracles(including his birth) just to prove that he was really sent by Allah. Very simple Very logic.

There is no connection between Jesus and Allah. If you want to get technical, the correct name for God is Yhwh. Jesus is the Son of God, who came to earth to become the perfect ransom for sinful and evil humans, thus ending the need for animal sacrifices to God.
He ended the time of Mosaic Laws, as well, and implemented the new ones.

The number 3 is a common "archetype" in many religions and stories throughout history and time. That's where the father, son, and holy ghost comes from. It's the christians' version of the "3" archetype. Christians claim Jesus was "divine" born from a virgin. Obviously divine is god like. However christianity is big on having one God, despite their adoption of so many pagan rituals, therefore the "3" archetype comes into play. They are one God, three parts. Yadda Yadda Yadda.

secondboy said:
thank you.
well, why don't you just go straight to the source and make your own conclusions, rather that to hear: I don't know... This is what I know...?
I don't think the Bible was written for some kind of especially wise and all educated people. The New Testament is not a long book, and it is pretty much meant for general public.

secondboy said:
thank you.

I would not be too quick to criticize the Christians and their biblical intrepretations. Myself, I recognize myths, superstitions and legends for what they are but to be fair Christians do not hold the patent on these dillusions. I think Muslims are equally dillusional. Although the idiocy of believing in 72 virgins may sound appealing, myself, I would prefer 72 sluts that know what they are doing. But that's just me.:3oops:

Hearing a Muslim question the Christians, to me, sounds much like the pot calling the kettle black.

As for me and my house, we will serve logic and the dictates of reason. I reserve my fantasies for more import things.;)

Even the carpenter himself seems to be confused at whether he is the son, or god himself. But in John 24, it says that god is a spirit. But Jesus is the absolute fundmental to the Christian faith. Everything about Christianity depends on Jesus. If you say Jesus was god in the flesh, he committed a mortal sin by killing himself, if you say he was the son, this god is not omnibenevolent, as being omniscient, he would know that his son would suffer numerous cruelties, and being omnipotent, could very well stop it from going down, but he refused to do anything.

kal-el said:
If you say Jesus was god in the flesh, he committed a mortal sin by killing himself

Well not stopping yourself from being killed is not the same as killing yourself. If you make no move to stop someone from killing you your death does not become classified as a suicide.

talloulou said:
Well not stopping yourself from being killed is not the same as killing yourself. If you make no move to stop someone from killing you your death does not become classified as a suicide.

... anyway he committed cannibalism. Cause he says bread is his body, then goes on to eat it. And it kinda is suicide, as god being omniscient would know that he 's gonna be killed, yet does nothing to stop it.

Why do fans of anyone go so far as to say 'They are God' ?
Why becuase they need to hype up someone they love to help underpin their irrational emotions.

kal-el said:
... anyway he committed cannibalism. Cause he says bread is his body, then goes on to eat it. And it kinda is suicide, as god being omniscient would know that he 's gonna be killed, yet does nothing to stop it.

So knowing you are going to be killed and not stopping it is suicide? I disagree but don't find it worth debating.

If I said this snapple is my blood and this pita is my body and my husband ate and drink is he really a cannibal? A metaphorical cannibal I guess. Again this logic is debatable but not worth the time.

Back
Top Bottom