• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

why do you think MLK was killed ?

MLK was killed because ....

• Total voters

Medusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
l want to discuss it .vote please ,thanks..

Last edited:
He rattled the establishment's cage. People in power in corporations and politics dont really like change.

He was hit by a bullet?

Racist hate filled white guy was racist and hate filled?

A more provocative question would be why was Malcom X killed?

MLK was killed during a time of racial turmoil, where blacks were daring to demand equality and a rather significant segment of the white population had no intention to give that to them. Assassinating opposition leaders, be they presidents, presidential candidates, or civil rights leaders, was a quick way to deal with the situation. I'm frankly surprised that more black civil rights leaders weren't murdered during the chaos of those days.

Racist hate filled white guy was racist and hate filled?

A more provocative question would be why was Malcom X killed?

or kennedy..........

He was a Marxist.

MLK was killed during a time of racial turmoil, where blacks were daring to demand equality and a rather significant segment of the white population had no intention to give that to them. Assassinating opposition leaders, be they presidents, presidential candidates, or civil rights leaders, was a quick way to deal with the situation. I'm frankly surprised that more black civil rights leaders weren't murdered during the chaos of those days.

Goodness. A rather significant segment of the white population had no intention of giving blacks equality? I didn't know that.

Goodness. A rather significant segment of the white population had no intention of giving blacks equality? I didn't know that.

leaders like Mlk wouldnt have to fight for it if they had

l want to discuss it .vote please ,thanks..

Hi Medusa !!

James Earl Ray had an opportuntiy to shoot and he didn't miss.
I believe he did it on his own but who knows.

So "significant segment" means the large majority of whites had no intention of giving blacks equality?

if not why did blacks had to fight for this equality ?

So "significant segment" means the large majority of whites had no intention of giving blacks equality?

you know how the birmingham police and fire department responded to what was a peaceful protest march in 1963? they brought out high pressure fire hoses.

250px-Birmingham_campaign_water_hoses.jpg

I don't think it has to be a "large majority" to be a significant segment. I don't think there's any question that there was a significant segment that did not want to see equal rights for black people. I don't like that that's true but there's no use splitting hairs or denying it.

if not why did blacks has to fight for this equality ?

Well, it seems to me, laws found in Southern States required them to take action. Whites made up the majority of the population in other states across the United States.

I'd think it would be rather insulting to the vast majority of whites who campained for equality, to have someone claim the small percentage of whites in the South sufficient to cause the majority of all whites to be labeled racists opposed to equality for Blacks.

you know how the birmingham police and fire department responded to what was a peaceful protest march in 1963? they brought out high pressure fire hoses.

View attachment 67153155

So you believe the appauling action of the Birmingham Police and Fire Department means the majority of whites in the US were opposed to equality for Blacks?

So you believe the appauling action of the Birmingham Police and Fire Department means the majority of whites in the US were opposed to equality for Blacks?

no. but a small group of vfocal anatics can overrule the opinion of the moderate majority into silence.

I don't think it has to be a "large majority" to be a significant segment. I don't think there's any question that there was a significant segment that did not want to see equal rights for black people. I don't like that that's true but there's no use splitting hairs or denying it.

No use splitting hairs? Well, I suppose that would be true to those who are trying to project a certain narrative.

It may or may not be accurate to suggest a large portion of whites living in the South did not support equality, but it's another thing to suggest a large portion of all whites living in the United States did not support equality.

That's rewritting history, and this issue has had more than enough of that done.

no. but a small group of vfocal anatics can overrule the opinion of the moderate majority into silence.

True. We've certainly witnessed that over the last few years.

However, history also shows the nation was revulsed by the actions taken by the Birmingham Police and Fire Department, and they were not silent about that revulsion and call for change.

Back
Top Bottom