• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

why do you think MLK was killed ?

MLK was killed because ....

• Total voters
I'm not so sure that the percentage is that small. It's hard to tell nowadays.

If it's hard to tell, why assume it's a large portion?

That's a question the promotors of this bigoted falicy should be asking themselves.

He became a devout, charismatic focal point of adoration and imminent revolutionary fervour.

So they took his ass out.

If it's hard to tell, why assume it's a large portion?

That's a question the promotors of this bigoted falicy should be asking themselves.

What I said was not sure. Not an assumption.

Well friend, I lived through those times too. I reject the bigotry that pervades a statement that the majority of whites living in the United States at that time did not want equality for blacks. That's racist BS from bigots with an agenda.

Thanks for providing some evidence such groups continue to proliferate.

Good thing I didn't say that then. Shoving your words into my mouth and then calling me a bigot is your agenda, not mine.

What I actually said:

... so yes, when millions of citizens of this country are intent on keeping blacks separate and unequal, including governors and legislators and 90% of the white population of more than a dozen states, that does comprise a significant segment of the population....

Last edited:
Good thing I didn't say that then. Shoving your words into my mouth and then calling me a bigot is your agenda, not mine.

Well gee, since I didn't shove them in your mouth, I'm not sure what you should be concerned about.

Well gee, since I didn't shove them in your mouth, I'm not sure what you should be concerned about.

Most people are intelligent enough to read post #54, see what you claimed that I said, compare it to what I actually said, and understand all they need to know.

I'm sorry, but I forgot the level of discourse required. Please post the actual survey, not the opinion of what was shown in the survey. I assumed you would understand that.

Also, it's usually considered appropriate to provide links to information stolen, er, copied from other sources. Plagiarism is so old fashioned and lazy, although it didn't hurt a certain Vice President.

FFS, that is a book written by the GALLUP ORGANIZATION and GOOGLE obtained the rights to post it's contents online, and my use falls within fair use.

Can your argument get any more pathetic? I bet it can.
Yet, you still won't post the actual polling, just the opinion about it.

If the shoe fits...
You proved your comments can get more pathetic.

The Gallup writers in 1999 did not give "opinion" of their polls in 1963-4, the results of the polls are described in the page.

The issue is that you cannot accept the fact that a VERY large segment of the US population (greater than 40%) were against the Civil Rights legislation while it was being voted on, and the vast majority of Southerners (80%) were against it.

This directly counters your BELIEFS that these large numbers of Americans did not exist...but that was the attitude at the time.

You proved your comments can get more pathetic.

The Gallup writers in 1999 did not give "opinion" of their polls in 1963-4, the results of the polls are described in the page.

The issue is that you cannot accept the fact that a VERY large segment of the US population (greater than 40%) were against the Civil Rights legislation while it was being voted on, and the vast majority of Southerners (80%) were against it.

This directly counters your BELIEFS that these large numbers of Americans did not exist...but that was the attitude at the time.

Thank you for your opinion. However, I've asked for you to post the actual poll, not someones interpretation of it. If you can't decern the difference, perhaps you should refrain from comment since it accomplishes nothing.

He became a devout, charismatic focal point of adoration and imminent revolutionary fervour.

So they took his ass out.

l may agree

no bastard is assassinated in this world :mrgreen:

l may agree

no bastard is assassinated in this world :mrgreen:

Martin Luther King was assassinated because he was black...

MLK spoke out in the Confederate South. That's a death sentence for a Black man. I'm surprised the hit didn't come a few years earlier. That it didn't suggests to me he had protection that seems to have been pulled in '68.

My guess is he pissed off someone important. That he was killed less than three months before RFK may be a clue.

MLK theory 3 -

King was a serial adulterer

Fearing that this would become public knowledge and discredit King and thus the movement ... other leaders among the black community conspired to have him assassinated and martyred.

That's very interesting. I am aware of credible allegations of MLK's infidelity, something that sadly is not that uncommon in the general population, although nothing credible I've seen (that s to say excluding white supremacy group website) suggests he was a serial adulterer. However, I've never heard black civil right leaders conspired to have him killed and even looked for a references and can't find anything at all that supports that claim. I realize, when we use the word theory we're acknowledging its not a proven fact but usually there's at least some supporting evidence that makes it at least plausible. Are you simply offering theorizing your own theory here or are there some sources you can post to back up that theory?

That's very interesting. I am aware of credible allegations of MLK's infidelity, something that sadly is not that uncommon in the general population, although nothing credible I've seen (that s to say excluding white supremacy group website) suggests he was a serial adulterer. However, I've never heard black civil right leaders conspired to have him killed and even looked for a references and can't find anything at all that supports that claim. I realize, when we use the word theory we're acknowledging its not a proven fact but usually there's at least some supporting evidence that makes it at least plausible. Are you simply offering theorizing your own theory here or are there some sources you can post to back up that theory?

According to Hoover's FBI spy files on MLK, it does seem that he was a serial adulterer. And, yes, I am just throwing out a theory/idea

According to Hoover's FBI spy files on MLK, it does seem that he was a serial adulterer. And, yes, I am just throwing out a theory/idea

Maybe he was serial adulterer..what difference does that make to what he believed in??

but it's another thing to suggest a large portion of all whites living in the United States did not support equality.
Gallup 1972.JPG

Discrimination, Jobs, and Politics: The Struggle for Equal Employment ... - Paul Burstein - Google Books

Original Gallup questionnaire from 1963:
The Gallup Poll #674 (AIPO0674) - Questionnaire from June 1963

California results:
http://ucdata.berkeley.edu/pubs/CalPolls/432.pdf

That's really interesting. I was under the understanding Hoover's FBI files on him were sealed for 100 years by federal court order.

Because Democrats hate black people.

After doing some quick online verification, it looks like you're right; not based on review of the FBI files but on the testimony of his close associates.

People are people and MLK was just a man. I think he's a classic case of having done so much good [most of] society chooses to overlook his flaws, especially since he's now seen as a martyr by millions. I personally think his final speech was probably divinely inspired and prophetic. If you listen to his Mountain Top speech I think you can hear references to his imminent murder, a prophetic overview of the condition and progress of black Americans for the next 40 years with a lot of symbolism that points to an epidemic of black on black violent crime so severe that "a sneeze" during that time to come would completely destroy the black community, close friendships forged between blacks and whites especially among those in political spheres and the younger generation and ultimately something significant to happen in 40 years that was compared to the Children of Israel being in the wilderness for 40 years followed by entering the Promised Land but MLK would be allowed be there himself.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom