• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why do you support or oppose photos of abortion victims?

Schism

Destroyer of Propaganda
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Serious question. Do you support or oppose photos of abortion victims , and why?

Serious question. Do you support or oppose photos of abortion victims , and why?

I am not opposed to photos being taken of aborted unborn children and circulated among those who wish to see them. I just do not want to be forced to see such pictures, for the same reason I do not want to see crime scene photos of child victims of school shootings.

That's a grizzly decision to think about.

The idea has both pros and cons, but damn. It's rather intense stuff, and I wouldn't want children to see it. Maybe a high school sex ed class with photos.

I firmly believe that people would question their decision to abort, if they first saw what the aborted fetus looks like of the same age as theirs is.

It’s fine if looked at on a voluntary basis and is not part of any sort of ultimatum or requirement for medical intervention or help.

That's a grizzly decision to think about.

The idea has both pros and cons, but damn. It's rather intense stuff, and I wouldn't want children to see it. Maybe a high school sex ed class with photos.

I firmly believe that people would question their decision to abort, if they first saw what the aborted fetus looks like of the same age as theirs is.

So you believe that pictures of gun shot victims should also be shown right? Or is "shock value" only for things you want to take away?

csm_You__Prenatal_001_308bb80b6f.jpg

A highlight of Your Beginning is the return of Prenatal Development, the Museum's timeless collection of 24 real human embryos and fetuses. Ranging from 28 days to 38 weeks, this timeline vividly captures the amazing stages of growth and development before birth. Originally donated to the Museum in 1939, the collection has been newly interpreted in a darkened gallery to allow for quiet reflection upon Your Beginning.

Background on the Exhibit

Collected in the 1930s by Dr. Helen Button with help from local hospitals, Prenatal Development contains specimens from the difficult times of the Great Depression. To the best of our knowledge, all failed to survive because of accidents or natural causes. Dr. Button obtained the parents’ permission to use these specimens as teaching tools.

Maybe you should go first. :unsure:

csm_You__Prenatal_001_308bb80b6f.jpg

A highlight of Your Beginning is the return of Prenatal Development, the Museum's timeless collection of 24 real human embryos and fetuses. Ranging from 28 days to 38 weeks, this timeline vividly captures the amazing stages of growth and development before birth. Originally donated to the Museum in 1939, the collection has been newly interpreted in a darkened gallery to allow for quiet reflection upon Your Beginning.

Background on the Exhibit

Collected in the 1930s by Dr. Helen Button with help from local hospitals, Prenatal Development contains specimens from the difficult times of the Great Depression. To the best of our knowledge, all failed to survive because of accidents or natural causes. Dr. Button obtained the parents’ permission to use these specimens as teaching tools.

Maybe you should go first. :unsure:

There's a reason abortion proponents don't want possible customers to see it. They know that it will persuade a significant number not to go through with it. Why? Because these are abortions of convenience. Many choose to abort their unborn child because it will get in the way of their plans, school, career, whatever. These aren't "health" decisions. They're life-priority decisions.

There's a greater weight placed on those situations - in my view - than in the case of rape, incest, or medical necessity.

I believe that we all make poor choices, there's a cost, and we're responsible for that. It's a life lesson. What the left believe, whether it's paying rent during covid, paying back your school loan, or carrying the baby you made, your poor decisions are something that can be conveniently disposed of.

I do not support that freeloader ideology.

There's a reason abortion proponents don't want possible customers to see it. They know that it will persuade a significant number not to go through with it. Why? Because these are abortions of convenience. Many choose to abort their unborn child because it will get in the way of their plans, school, career, whatever. These aren't "health" decisions. They're life-priority decisions.

So why would it change their minds? You make them sound so shallow it wouldnt matter.

You make them sound so terrible it's obvious they'd make shitty parents anyway.

Why would you want people you think so little of to become responsible for raising kids when they themselves know they're not prepared?

Seems incredibly selfish of you, but please justify your statements.

So why would it change their minds? You make them sound so shallow it wouldnt matter.

You make them sound so terrible it's obvious they'd make shitty parents anyway.

Why would you want people you think so little of to become responsible for raising kids when they themselves know they're not prepared?

Seems incredibly selfish of you, but please justify your statements.

You assigned me a position, built a straw man, then attacked it.

You have a habit of building up emotional arguments that aren't in my comments.

They're in your imagination.

Last edited by a moderator:
You assigned me a position, built a straw man, then attacked it.

You have a habit of building up emotional arguments that aren't in my comments.

They're in your imagination.

Dont lie. I was going by your words, your descriptions of the women. Are you denying your characterizations of the women? It's right there in your post, you cant hide it.

Your attempt to make it about me fails...YOU made it about the character of the women...and I called YOU out on it. So...are you denying your characterization of the women?

Dont lie. I was going by your words, your descriptions of the women. Are you denying your characterizations of the women? It's right there in your post, you cant hide it.

Your attempt to make it about me fails...YOU made it about the character of the women...and I called YOU out on it. So...are you denying your characterization of the women?

Sounds emotional to me. I'll pass.

Sounds emotional to me. I'll pass.
Yeah, you did. And judgmental.

And you couldnt come clean and answer the questions.

I don't understand the question. What is an "abortion victim?" And do I oppose what about about photos of abortion victims?

There's a greater weight placed on those situations - in my view - than in the case of rape, incest, or medical necessity.

I believe that we all make poor choices, there's a cost, and we're responsible for that. It's a life lesson. What the left believe, whether it's paying rent during covid, paying back your school loan, or carrying the baby you made, your poor decisions are something that can be conveniently disposed of.

I do not support that freeloader ideology.
Invasion of privacy. Unless the person who had the abortion signed off on having the pictures released...that is an invasion of privacy.

Back
Top Bottom