• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Do You People Want War With Russia ?

oneworld2

Handsome Pitbull
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Serious question , why do you people want war with Russia ?

I am sick and tired of this resurgence of the threat of the Big Red Bear in European and US circles. The truth is , to me at least , that the West has been racing towards the Russian borders by swallowing up nation after nation into the Nato sphere and framing the obvious and understandable response as " Russian aggression " in a classic case of international projection.

Why would people want and seek to add petrol to such a highly volatile situation ?

The problem isn't Russian aggression but rather US full spectrum dominance as set out in the Project for a New American Century. Iraq in the stone age. Afghanistan in turmoil. Libya full of Islamists. Syria in ruins. Iran and North Korea in the cross hairs but Russia is the country we need to curb the aggression with ?

Really ?

These constant calls for war and or the upping of tensions are like some Orwellian nightmare. You people who are calling for it should be the ONLY ones forced into fighting it instead of cheer leading for wars that will kill millions of people who are just trying to go about their daily business as best they can

Why should we allow Russia to threaten Western democracy?

i don't want war with Russia. the smart strategy would be to build massive alternative energy generating infrastructure and phase out natural gas as quickly as possible. collapse the price of NG, and then tell Russia to shove the pipeline up its ass. do the same with petroleum. i'm sure that they'll have a wonderful time intimidating their neighbors after their economy collapses.

will Europe do that, though? i doubt it. the US should do the same thing and tell Saudi Arabia to shove it. there's an equally low chance of that. however, my strategy would be a better strategy and investment than a ****ing war.

i don't want war with Russia. the smart strategy would be to build massive alternative energy generating infrastructure and phase out natural gas as quickly as possible. collapse the price of NG, and then tell Russia to shove the pipeline up its ass. do the same with petroleum. i'm sure that they'll have a wonderful time intimidating their neighbors after their economy collapses.

will Europe do that, though? i doubt it. the US should do the same thing and tell Saudi Arabia to shove it. there's an equally low chance of that.

SA attempted to squash our fracking industry by lowering oil prices. It bit them in the ass.

I am sick and tired of this resurgence of the threat of the Big Red Bear in European and US circles. The truth is , to me at least , that the West has been racing towards the Russian borders by swallowing up nation after nation into the Nato sphere and framing the obvious and understandable response as " Russian aggression " in a classic case of international projection.

Why would people want and seek to add petrol to such a highly volatile situation ?

The problem isn't Russian aggression but rather US full spectrum dominance as set out in the Project for a New American Century. Iraq in the stone age. Afghanistan in turmoil. Libya full of Islamists. Syria in ruins. Iran and North Korea in the cross hairs but Russia is the country we need to curb the aggression with ?

Really ?

These constant calls for war and or the upping of tensions are like some Orwellian nightmare. You people who are calling for it should be the ONLY ones forced into fighting it instead of cheer leading for wars that will kill millions of people who are just trying to go about their daily business as best they can

It seems that you are confusing Russia with the former Soviet Union (USSR?) which Russia seems to want to reinstate, by force if necessary.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissolution_of_the_Soviet_Union

Oh so a bunch of leftists in Canada speak for western democracy now? Remember we [the West] have been meddling in other's elections for a long time.

SA attempted to squash our fracking industry by lowering oil prices. It bit them in the ass.

if we followed my strategy, we wouldn't have to give a **** either way. also, we could avoid all of the negative aspects of fracking. hopefully someone who is forward thinking will be making the decisions as soon as is possible. they'll probably piss around with carbon taxes, though, which is a strategy that i do not support, as it disproportionately impacts the poor and middle class.

Oh so a bunch of leftists in Canada speak for western democracy now? Remember we [the West] have been meddling in other's elections for a long time.

So you support Russia meddling in Western democracies?

Who cares? I won't be here.

will Europe do that, though? i doubt it. the US should do the same thing and tell Saudi Arabia to shove it. there's an equally low chance of that. however, my strategy would be a better strategy and investment than a ****ing war.

where Europe buys it's gas from has nothing to do with the USA if you don't like it then tough ... the reality with the anti Russian hysteria/hostility has to do with Russia having it's own foreign policy and America cannot accept this Americans expect everyone to jump at it's command ... those days are over ... if our tinpot Americans want to talk Russian aggression ... they have a barefaced cheek ... America is causing instability around the globe ..... please f**k off and stop interfering around the globe .... you are not the good guys .... you are like the British Empire ... evil to it's core

So you support Russia meddling in Western democracies?

do you support the USA meddling in Russian elections like you have done numerous times and elections around the globe ... if Russia did interfere you got a taste of your own medicine

where Europe buys it's gas from has nothing to do with the USA if you don't like it then tough ... the reality with the anti Russian hysteria/hostility has to do with Russia having it's own foreign policy and America cannot accept this Americans expect everyone to jump at it's command ... those days are over ... if our tinpot Americans want to talk Russian aggression ... they have a barefaced cheek ... America is causing instability around the globe ..... please f**k off and stop interfering around the globe .... you are not the good guys .... you are like the British Empire ... evil to it's core

i don't give much of a **** about Russia. if you want Putin as your dictator, that's fine by me. however, it annoys me that Russia actively supports one of the most embarrassingly inept leaders that the US has ever had. stop doing that, and we're cool. i still support replacing fossil fuels, though, because that is an intelligent strategy.

Its not really about that any more. Vlad is being pushed around by a superior military power that is so mighty, it has so much to lose, he calculates that the USA would back down rather than face a conventional war in Eutope with a possibility of going nuclear.

Vlad is flexing his muscles and making mischief with no downside.

I would not be surprised if he took Ukraine when the dem’s are concentrating of impeachment. What does he have to lose other than be as hated as feared.

Really ?

Who is this "you people" who want to go to war with Russia?

Are they really ?

And when did we acquire a democracy here in the West ?

Plutocracy , Polyarchy Kleptocracy even............... but democracy ? lmao

do you support the USA meddling in Russian elections like you have done numerous times and elections around the globe ... if Russia did interfere you got a taste of your own medicine

Quite right Godric.

Clearly our American friends are either ignorant of their own state's actions over many decades, or just hypocrites of the first order.

i don't give much of a **** about Russia. if you want Putin as your dictator, that's fine by me. however, it annoys me that Russia actively supports one of the most embarrassingly inept leaders that the US has ever had. stop doing that, and we're cool. i still support replacing fossil fuels, though, because that is an intelligent strategy.

:confused:

Can you show us a single example of where the Russian government has 'actively supported' Trump?

And i don't mean the smoke and mirrors accusations of person X's links with a Russian individual. I mean anything official from the Russian government.

Really ?

oneworld2:

I don't think many sane people want war with Russia. However nor do they want Russian militarism to have the same kind of freehand that both the British Empire had or later in the post-WWII era the USA has. There are already too many militarist powers in the world, including Russia. The difference is Russia is willing to risk using its military power on its neighbours or on behalf of its allies and that alarms the political and economic elites who wish to maintain a status quo world with American military hegemony.

You have a good point about the rapid eastward expansion of NATO provoking Russia, however if Russia would better behave itself at least in its near-abroad with smarter anti-western policies rather than military force, then the calls for confrontation and possible war would quieten down I think. However given the Soviet Union's less than fair treatment of its Eastern European satellites between 1945 and 1990 it is clear that there was a demand among nervous Eastern European countries to join NATO in case Russia ever attempted to reassert end itself militarily in the region. So the characterisation that these former Soviet satellites were being "swallowed up" is a bit misleading. They were more than willing to join NATO and were force feeding themselves down the alliance's gullet!

The problem is Russian aggression in addition to American/Western full spectrum dominance. They are both problems and although interlinked they are both innate to each state of bloc.

These constant calls for war and or the upping of tensions are like some Orwellian nightmare. You people who are calling for it should be the ONLY ones forced into fighting it instead of cheer leading for wars that will kill millions of people who are just trying to go about their daily business as best they can.

War is cruel and terrifying but can only be prevented by a balance of power/terror which makes it unthinkable or unprofitable to begin wars. That balance can only be achieved by bellicose positioning and pugilistic threats. Until the human condition changes or is changed in order to end our collective tendency to make war and until the states and merchants of war who profit from military conflicts are hobbled, the balance of terror and force is all we have to attempt to keep the peace. It's insane and counterintuitive and too often it doesn't work, but right now it, along with diplomacy, are the only tools we have to avoid war and diplomacy is presently out of fashion.

Cheers?
Evilroddy.

Last edited:
It seems that you are confusing Russia with the former Soviet Union (USSR?) which Russia seems to want to reinstate, by force if necessary.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissolution_of_the_Soviet_Union

I really don't see any concrete evidence that the Russians want to reinstate the old USSR but I do see them drawing a line the sand over Western advancement to their borders via Ukraine, through which it has been invaded throughout it's history.

The US as certainly been less shy in proclaiming its own desire for full spectrum dominance , read global hegemony. Do you seriously think Russia has acted more aggressively than has the US since the events that culminated with the end of the USSR?

Are they really ?

And when did we acquire a democracy here in the West ?

Plutocracy , Polyarchy Kleptocracy even............... but democracy ? lmao

They are, they support pro-Russian, often far-right parties sin order to sow division in Western democracies, especially those of the former Warsaw pact.

Who is this "you people" who want to go to war with Russia?

Read the threads in this subforum and see how many posters here are fear mongering and calling for actions and military build ups to counter an alleged Rian aggression that is imo more of a case of a Russian reaction to Western aggression via its proxies

:confused:

Can you show us a single example of where the Russian government has 'actively supported' Trump?

And i don't mean the smoke and mirrors accusations of person X's links with a Russian individual. I mean anything official from the Russian government.

um, they went on a massive hacking campaign to help the orange fool.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_interference_in_the_2016_United_States_elections

let's simplify this discussion before we go any further.

1. i don't have any problem with the average Russian.

2. i don't want war with Russia.

3. i don't want some war with Russia because Putin can't control his urge to rebuild the Soviet Union by force.

4. I don't think that the US is perfect. i don't support our interventionist efforts, either.

5. i want to see the orange fool expelled from office by legislative or elective means.

6. i am annoyed that Russia is helping him because they probably have him by the balls.

7. i am annoyed that a lot of people in my country support the orange fool.

hope that this clears it up.

Really ?

Link to the US calling for war?

eh my leader is Nicola Sturgeon first Minister of Scotland/Alba (Ala-Pa) ... and Putin is no dictator he was elected president of the Russian federation in a election America also tried interfere in

Americans voted Trump as president and not Russians .... the spending by RT.com and sputnik on US election in 2016 was a all time low going by both facebook and twitter ... blame your electoral college system for putting Trump in power

eh my leader is Nicola Sturgeon first Minister of Scotland/Alba (Ala-Pa) ... and Putin is no dictator he was elected president of the Russian federation in a election America also tried interfere in

Americans voted Trump as president and not Russians .... the spending by RT.com and sputnik on US election in 2016 was a all time low going by both facebook and twitter ... blame your electoral college system for putting Trump in power

Wow someone really believes that Russian elections are free?

Back
Top Bottom