• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why do you dislike?

Glowpun

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
What are your reasons for not wanting Trump as president?

What are your reasons for not wanting Clinton as president?

Trump might abuse power and make serious mistakes.

Clinton has abused power and made serious mistakes.

I lost all respect for Hillary Clinton when she lied for her husband during the Lewinsky debacle. Her bids for the presidency are, IMO, payback for that misplaced loyalty. Drama follows BOTH of them everywhere.

I'm not a Democrat and think Democrats continue to move left wanting bigger gvmt, higher taxes, more give-away programs, and, instead of teaching people how to fish, they want gvmt to own the fisheries.

The DNC owed Bernie Sanders an apology, and, sans that, HC owed him HER support. And an apology. If it is true that HC did indeed hire Wasserman immediately, I think the whole campaign reeks, and she and her cronies are laughing at the American people.

She is a mediocre speaker and, frankly, isn't at all likeable. I will be very disappointed if she becomes our first woman president. I believe the establishment is behind her 100% because they are confident she can be controlled.

he's unfit for office and lacks the temperament to be commander in chief of the most powerful military humanity has ever known.

she doesn't come off as genuine, and her positions seem to be whatever will get her elected.

Trump - he is a populist from the worst kind.

Clinton- way too much corruption.

Trump might abuse power and make serious mistakes.

Clinton has abused power and made serious mistakes.

:yt

I honestly wish our current election process wasn't rigged to frequently require a choice between the lesser of two evils. :(

Last edited:
Why do I dislike Trump?

Statements like:

1) “(John McCain is) not a war hero…. He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured.
2) "I get called by a guy that can't buy a pair of pants, I get called names?" – Trump’s comment about paralyzed commentator Charles Krauthammer
3) “How stupid are the people of Iowa?” after talking about a poll showing Ben Carson was beating him in Iowa
4) "I'm not sure I have ever asked God's forgiveness. I don't bring God into that picture....When I go to church and when I drink my little wine and have my little cracker, I guess that is a form of forgiveness. I do that as often as I can because I feel cleansed."
5) "I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering." – Trump overestimates the number of people cheering after 911 by thousands and stuck with it even though he knew what he said wasn’t true

More stupid stuff here

Why do I dislike Hillary Clinton?

Stupid mistakes she has made.

Which one do I dislike the least?

Hillary Clinton, hands down.

Who am I voting for in November?

It doesn't matter. I live in Clintonistan, aka California. No way can people from Central California (farm country, a red blob in a blue state) ever out vote San Francisco and Los Angeles. I'm voting Johnson as a protest.

he's unfit for office and lacks the temperament to be commander in chief of the most powerful military humanity has ever known.

she doesn't come off as genuine, and her positions seem to be whatever will get her elected.

This is exactly how I feel on Clinton and mostly how I feel about Trump. In addition, Trump is attempting to win the presidency through means of racism and xenophobia, which I find deplorable.

Why do I dislike Trump?

Statements like:

More stupid stuff here

It doesn't matter. I live in Clintonistan, aka California. No way can people from Central California (farm country, a red blob in a blue state) ever out vote San Francisco and Los Angeles. I'm voting Johnson as a protest.

Stupid "mistakes" she has made?

Everything she has done was intentional. As far as she is concerned, her only mistakes were to get caught or implicated.

Last edited:

Trump is a clown and Hillary is a crook as well as a pathological liar.

Why do I dislike Trump?

Statements like:

More stupid stuff here

Many of which were, in fact, serious crimes. Her willingness to use public power for personal gain is well established.

Well if you listen to the fluff and hype many people will have you believe we are on the road to hell.

"if" thats the case . . .

With trump at the wheel we will get there at Mach 10. He is worse than any candidate we have ever had in my lifetime. He is kick to the shin, punch to the stomach, smack in the face and stick, covered with razor blades and rat ****, up your butt candidate.
With Hilary at the wheel we will get there at about the same speed +/- what we have had in my lifetime, probably -. She is the same ol' same ol'. A life long politician . . .blah. She is the kick to the shin, punch in the stomach and smack to your face candidate.

presented with these choices ill take the shin, stomach and face for -500$ Alex.

Last edited:
Sadly, it appears that one of these two will indeed win the election for President.

When our choices are a malignant narcissist or a pathological liar, it's hard to tell which of the two traits will best serve the Presidency .. or will weaken it and our national well-being the least.

The coming campaign will be a dirty one, full of pandering via the social issues to the electorate's unresolved family-of-origin issues and character assassinations like we've never seen before.

This kind of dirty politics will leave us all feeling dirty and other countries thinking Americans like dirt.

I guess this is why I dislike them.

Fortunately, I still have my membership in this: Powerful American Political Alliance .. and it's the only thing I like about this election year.

Hillary Clinton was the leader of the gang on Libya and Syria. Warmonger. Hillary and the AFDC were synonomous in Arkansas. The AFDC laundered the drug money generated in the Iran Contra scandal. A CIA lapdog. I don't want the CIA in our government, at any level. Spooks and skulldeggary, don't ya' know?

Now that it is regularized, I worry about the Clinton Foundation growing in power, and creating sub branches for connected political cronies. She has created an untouchable civilian personnel and financial political infrastructure, financed by political favors both foreign and domestic.

If she stacks the judiciary, who's to stop her? The FBI will be working for her. Impeachment? The Foundation will be sure to hire her opponents kids and compromise them.

If we must compete in the world using graft, it should be done buy the government, not an individual.

Maybe it can't happen, but all the parts are in place if she wants to go for it.

Frankly both of them represent the worst of their kind.

Trump represents the greedy and corrupt corporatist that is the core of Republicanism, only now one of them is running for president.

Hillary represents the Blue Dogs; the political machine of the 19th century that set up a system that merely placates to the underclass and the immigrant in order to secure votes, ever having their hand out to their own corporate interests. FDR was the only Democrat who ever actually worked for the under classes.

Trump is a sociopathic child who can't live a day without being a headline. Who would trust a man who phones reporters and pretends to be someone else to say "great" things about himself? I wouldn't give that person a teaching job.

Hillary is incompetent. She is not a crook, just dishonest and stupid. She isn't as near self involved as Trump, but close. I don't have a problem that's she can't speak well, but I do have with her greed and ambition. The irony is that I believe her own supporters know how she is stupid and incompetent.

Trump is an unknown and generally people fear this, but considering his opponent, I do not.

She made North Africa an ISIS haven, destroyed the lives of innocent, because she didn't listen to the DOD.
She rigged the DNC primaries, I guarantee it was her and not DWS. Debbie was the fall guy, the patsy.
She has a long history of corruption and graft, the likes that should never be allowed in civil service, ever again.

I lost all respect for Hillary Clinton when she lied for her husband during the Lewinsky debacle. Her bids for the presidency are, IMO, payback for that misplaced loyalty. Drama follows BOTH of them everywhere.

I'm not a Democrat and think Democrats continue to move left wanting bigger gvmt, higher taxes, more give-away programs, and, instead of teaching people how to fish, they want gvmt to own the fisheries.

The DNC owed Bernie Sanders an apology, and, sans that, HC owed him HER support. And an apology. If it is true that HC did indeed hire Wasserman immediately, I think the whole campaign reeks, and she and her cronies are laughing at the American people.

She is a mediocre speaker and, frankly, isn't at all likeable. I will be very disappointed if she becomes our first woman president. I believe the establishment is behind her 100% because they are confident she can be controlled.
I don't agree perfectly with everything here, and there could be some expounding upon that would ameliorate a few of the assertions, but I must admit: "This is a good well thought-out post!"

But I'll pile-on a bit more in detail: Support and/or acceptance of illegal immigration (perhaps in exchange for votes), and not addressing entitlement fraud and/or dependency (again, perhaps in exchange for votes).

These last two facets are especially bothersome to me, because they seem to indicate a pass on enforcement of the law & a handout of taxpayer money, respectively - both seemingly in exchange for votes!

Trump has never been involved in the legislative process past donating money, the smallest critique of him puts him into meltdown, his career has been a constant wave of highs and lows showing a complete lack of consistency, he openly lies about issue after issue, and he has a strange knack for admiring authoritarian rulers over our allies. He also seems to have an obsession with strength and power.

Clinton has used her position and power to consistently make questionable decisions including her willingness to bend the rules as she sees fit. She has shown to reliably act in opposition to her publicly stated positions. She is very aggressive militarily, for a democrat, and past pandering to the middle class she doesn't seem to fight for their best interest.

Trump and Clinton have overlapping traits but at least Clinton has some experience and is less reactionary to insults.

I would accept Trump as President...but it's not a case that I want him as President. I will accept him because...

1. He is not a politician. I'm getting sick and freaking tired of politicians running our country.
2. He is smart. Anyone who can kick the GOP Elite to the side of the road and make them accept him...at least, make them mouth the words that they accept him...has something on the ball. Bernie couldn't do the same on the Democratic side.
3. He is not part of the GOP Elite. I'm totally sick and freaking tired of those guys running things.

I would not want Hillary as President because...

1. She is an unabashed liar.
2. She is corrupt to the core.
3. She cares only about herself.
4. She is a slimy snake.
5. She is a politician.
6. She is part of the Democratic Elite.
7. She is a Democrat.
8. The list goes on...

This is exactly how I feel on Clinton and mostly how I feel about Trump. In addition, Trump is attempting to win the presidency through means of racism and xenophobia, which I find deplorable.

he's catering to the base instincts of fear and xenophobia, and he's selling it as patriotism. "catering" might not be the best descriptor, though. more accurately, he's stirring it up and riding it like a wave. i find that somewhat chilling.

I dislike Trump in the White House because of his ego.

I dislike Clinton in the White House because she is the epitome of corruption.

Despite the rumors and countless accusations, I have always admired Hillary Clinton for her drive. I don't respect how she plays but it's inspiring when you think about what she has accomplished. After what I've seen at the DNC this week, I am convinced that this woman has never fought a fair fight in her adult life. I literally cannot fathom what she and those who pave the way for her are capable of.

I have been following Donald Trump since the 1980s. The guy knows business. If he can focus on that part of the job and trust his advisors, I think this can be a pretty successful term.

I attended Chris Christie's town hall during the NH primaries and he did what no politician has ever done. He made me believe in him. That's my guy. And that night (I could tell he knew he wasn't going to make it past NH) I said, I go where he goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom