• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

why do you cover up ?

Medusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
for being elected miss world ?

islamists dont seem to be so unreliable and consistent in their beliefs

Obabiyi Aishah Ajibola, 21, won the World Muslimah 2013 title on Wednesday.

Twenty finalists showed off Islamic fashions and worked to demonstrate religious values during the contest.

The pageant was held before the upcoming Miss World competition, which has drawn protests from hardline Indonesian Muslim groups.

Finalists in World Muslimah were chosen from more than 500 who took part in an online selection process.

One of the rounds involved contenders comparing stories of how they came to wear the hijab (Muslim headscarf) - a requirement for all those taking part.

The finalists hailed from countries including Bangladesh, Iran, Malaysia, Nigeria and Brunei.

Ms Ajibola, 21, cried and recited a verse from the Koran when her name was called as the winner. She was awarded 25m rupiah ($2,200, £1,360) and trips to Mecca and India.

BBC News - Nigerian wins Muslim-only beauty pageant in Jakarta

Looks like a step in the right direction for Islamic women. Hopefully this leads to more freedom for women in ME.

Looks like a step in the right direction for Islamic women. Hopefully this leads to more freedom for women in ME.

hi sbrett

to tell the truth l dont believe in any freedom dressed with veil:lol:

I do...if this is what the woman has chosen for herself by herself.

hi sbrett

to tell the truth l dont believe in any freedom dressed with veil:lol:

But I thought that was the direction Erdogan was headed? Didn't he just lift the ban on wearing the hijab in school?

But I thought that was the direction Erdogan was headed? Didn't he just lift the ban on wearing the hijab in school?

he is just trying to guarantee his re election

the elements that form his new religion are just money and power

Back
Top Bottom