• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why do we tolerate such racism?

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The 42-member Congressional Black Caucus has warned Democrats against a rush to judgment, and any lawmaker with a significant African-American constituency must consider whether it's worth asking Rangel to quit.

FOXNews.com - Rangel Reportedly Strikes Deal With Ethics Panel

Think about that for a moment. Rangel is black, if a member comes from a high black population district they should demand Rangel step down because...

Could you imagine if the GOP released such a statement about Newt when he was looking at a hearing? "Don't rush to judgment, any lawmaker with a significant Caucasian constituency must consider whether it's worth asking Newt to quit"

The outrage would have been incredible. So sick of skin coloring mattering.

Think about that for a moment. Rangel is black, if a member comes from a high black population district they should demand Rangel step down because...

Could you imagine if the GOP released such a statement about Newt when he was looking at a hearing? "Don't rush to judgment, any lawmaker with a significant Caucasian constituency must consider whether it's worth asking Newt to quit"

I'm with you. Blacks as a group are more racist than the whites they rail against....by a long shot.

I'm with you. Blacks as a group are more racist than the whites they rail against....by a long shot.

While this is true, there's nothing one can really do about it. Ain't no law against being a racist.

do you have proof that all blacks are more racist than whites, bearing in mind she didn't limit her statement to blacks in America?

Where did I, or this story imply ALL Blacks? No where, you brought that up to make a strawman. I'm talking about enabling groups liek the CBC that IS being racist.

if you really are sick of skin color mattering, i'm with you.

if you really are sick of skin color mattering, i'm with you.

Look, I'm a MLK Jr. Fan, "Don't judge a man by the color of his skin but the merits of his character"

I don't CARE what color you are, period. And nothing pisses me off more than double standards. Why should people fear calling for Rangel to step down based on what is known just cause they have a high number of black constituents? That implies black people don't care about ethics, just skin color. That's a flat insult and racist as hell when you think about it.

fine. what has led you to that opinion?

My own subjective experience combined with what I've read...what I hear...what I see. The Jesse Jacksons of the world. The Rev. Wrights. Many of the so-called spokespersons for the black community. A man who loses his job for using the word "niggardly" in its proper context. A woman who is sued by her black neighbor for saying to a bunch of kids, "Hey!!! You lil' monkeys!!! Get the heck out of my tree!" A whole lifetime of observation.

My own subjective experience combined with what I've read...what I hear...what I see. The Jesse Jacksons of the world. The Rev. Wrights. Many of the so-called spokespersons for the black community. A man who loses his job for using the word "niggardly" in its proper context. A woman who is sued by her black neighbor for saying to a bunch of kids, "Hey!!! You lil' monkeys!!! Get the heck out of my tree!" A whole lifetime of observation.

for every rev wright, there is a skinhead or a david duke. how many blacks have hanged whites for being white?

for every rev wright, there is a skinhead or a david duke. how many blacks have hanged whites for being white?

Skinheads are lunatics. Everyone but them agrees they are. The Rev. Wrights, Rev. Al Sharpton, Rev. Jesse Jackson and others are mainstream. There's a huge difference. I'm not getting into your last sentence. That has nothing to do with how my opinions were formed.

When was the last time a black was hanged? How many in the last 50 years?

Get over that crap liblady right now.

How many "White Supremict" are honored spokespersons, whose opinions are sought out by the media?

Didn't think so.

Which race is more racist is not the issue. The problem is that racism by blacks for blacks is more accepted than racism by whites for whites. THAT's racism.

I tolerate racism because everyone will eventually see how silly it is. My advocacy of the free market and limited/no government is considered racist by a lot of people and I don't bother defending myself against that anymore. There's no need to. I don't perceive a gain whenever I do.

I agree with you on principle, however I don't think the attempt to play yourself and the Republicans as some kind of victums is neccesary.

Originally Posted by MaggieD

proof, please. thanks.

I believe the statement was likely a personal observation. Anyone bold enough to seek a grant to research black racism against any group would obviously be a racist.

Originally Posted by MaggieD

proof, please. thanks.

I believe the statement was a personal observation. Anyone bold enough to seek a grant to research black racism against any group would obviously be a racist. ;)

Last edited:

Go figure... subjective experience has led someone to make a stereotype about an entire group of people. Who'dathunk that could happen in a thread about racism.

:lol:

My dad always taught me to not let it get to you. He tells me he dealt with alot of it when he was in the Army during Vietnam. Bigots win when you highlight the issue IMO.

Skinheads are lunatics. Everyone but them agrees they are. The Rev. Wrights, Rev. Al Sharpton, Rev. Jesse Jackson and others are mainstream. There's a huge difference. I'm not getting into your last sentence. That has nothing to do with how my opinions were formed.

Duke, Black and Skinheads arent the counter parts to Wright, Sharpton and Jackson. IMO the counter parts to those clowns are Pat Buchanan and Frosty Wooldridge among others.

Go figure... subjective experience has led someone to make a stereotype about an entire group of people. Who'dathunk that could happen in a thread about racism.

:lol:

If there are two separate groups of people, ONE of the groups will be "more" of anything you can pick and one will be "less" of any yardstick by which one chooses to measure. One group will be older. One younger. One group will weigh more than the other. Etc., etc.

My comment, "I'm with you. Blacks as a group are more racist than the whites they rail against....by a long shot," is a personal observation, nothing more. Some people will agree with it. Some people won't. Who cares?

Mpg said: "Which race is more racist is not the issue. The problem is that racism by blacks for blacks is more accepted than racism by whites for whites. THAT's racism. " I totally agree.

If there are two separate groups of people, ONE of the groups will be "more" of anything you can pick and one will be "less" of any yardstick by which one chooses to measure. One group will be older. One younger. One group will weigh more than the other. Etc., etc.

That's a false dichotomy because you reject the possibility of equivelancy. For example, let's look at two groups of people. One has five people who weigh 240lbs, 185lbs, 160 lbs, 215 lbs and 200 pounds respectively and the other has five people who weigh 190 lbs, 205 lbs, 203 lbs, 287 lbs and 115 lbs respectively.

No two people weigh the same, but both groups are equivilant. According to your logic, the existence of two groups such as these is impossible.

My comment, "I'm with you. Blacks as a group are more racist than the whites they rail against....by a long shot," is a personal observation, nothing more. Some people will agree with it. Some people won't. Who cares?

Of course it's a perosnal observation. All stereotypes are based on personal observations at some point. But the problem with observations is that they are almost always performed without acknowledging the confounds.

Mpg said: "Which race is more racist is not the issue. The problem is that racism by blacks for blacks is more accepted than racism by whites for whites. THAT's racism. " I totally agree.

I also agree with that. But that is also the main confound to your comment and "observation" though. The issue is society's allowance of overt racism, not the actually rates of racism. We are more likely to see black people being overtly racist because overt racism by black people is more socially acceptable.

It does not mean whites are less racist, though.

Back
Top Bottom