• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Do Uneducated Poor White Americans Consistently Vote Republican?

'lt's a plutocracy being sold to the people ,and bought, as a democracy."

Well said.

No one is going to make a thread titled "Why do uneducated, poor, black Americans consistently vote Democrat?"

No, the left says all the time that Republicans are for Big corporations and Big Business and you know it

So, I don't understand why the poor uneducated white voter would vote Republican do you?
Because the left also says they are deplorables, stupid, racist, ignorant, uninformed and any other name they can pile on. You have read the thread, right?

No one is going to believe someone while they are being insulted.

Democrats offer a lot of things that nobody wants. They offer schools then take over the curriculum to teach the kids to be good liberals. Those kids are lucky because they weren’t Murdered in the womb.

Cause rich people need to have their taxes cut.

trump tax cuts for the rich gave people who make a million dollars a year $69,900 a year in tax cuts, every year.

They vote Democrat for several reasons: 1) of the two capitalist-dominated parties, the DP, at least gives lip-service to our concerns 2) the RP virtually overlooks our concerns 3) most black pettibourgeois political leaders, with influence over the masses of African Americans, encourage it 4) no perceivable viable political alternative
46% of black Americans live in rat infested rat run cities that CREATE poverty and destruction as a way of life for black Americans. Lip service? Sure...OK...if you consider renaming post offices or creating an MLK Blvd in every major city (what is typically the most violent street in any major city BTW) adequate as 'lip service', OK then...that explains WHY the black American community is so completely ****ed.

As for the GOP overlooking the concerns of black Americans...sure...thats true...they do. Because they have no control over the cities the majority of black Americans live in and know there is no reason to invest any political capitol in trying to gain support in a community that will blindly support the other party.

This is as true today as it was nearly 60 years ago.

You know whats tragic? When Malcollm X said that black Americans were 2nd on the special interest totem pole. Today, after decades of voting for the democrat party, the black American community is now 5th.

46% of black Americans live in rat infested rat run cities that CREATE poverty and destruction as a way of life for black Americans. Lip service? Sure...OK...if you consider renaming post offices or creating an MLK Blvd in every major city (what is typically the most violent street in any major city BTW) adequate as 'lip service', OK then...that explains WHY the black American community is so completely ****ed.

As for the GOP overlooking the concerns of black Americans...sure...thats true...they do. Because they have no control over the cities the majority of black Americans live in and know there is no reason to invest any political capitol in trying to gain support in a community that will blindly support the other party.

This is as true today as it was nearly 60 years ago.

You know whats tragic? When Malcollm X said that black Americans were 2nd on the special interest totem pole. Today, after decades of voting for the democrat party, the black American community is now 5th.

I think you comments on why black Americans have wasted their time voting for the DP are accurate but the same can be said for the other groups too IE White working class, Latinos etc etc

Malcolm X made a good point in that clip and the obvious follow on should be that the poor of the USA should form their own party regardless of colour, only when they can do that will you achieve a meaningful/functioning democracy . Expect those who fight for such to be cast as pariahs and watch the attacks on rights that will accompany such moves. My guess is it would never happen in time but there's a reason why they shot Martin Luther King when they did.

The plutocracy has things sown up with two pretty meaningless , for the poor at least, parties and they hold sway over the main means of perception management. Divide and rule is as strong as ever and it would take a Herculian effort for people to challenge that, but challenge it they must if they are ever to escape the chains of poverty that they have been saddled with.

As long as these petty divisions of race/religion etc are allowed to be used to maintain the status quo, the days when poor people will finally resolve to see their true tormentors will be as far away as ever........................ it's only ever been a class war, everything else are just WMDs .............weapons of mass distraction.

I think you comments on why black Americans have wasted their time voting for the DP are accurate but the same can be said for the other groups too IE White working class, Latinos etc etc

Malcolm X made a good point in that clip and the obvious follow on should be that the poor of the USA should form their own party regardless of colour, only when they can do that will you achieve a meaningful/functioning democracy . Expect those who fight for such to be cast as pariahs and watch the attacks on rights that will accompany such moves. My guess is it would never happen in time but there's a reason why they shot Martin Luther King when they did.

The plutocracy has things sown up with two pretty meaningless , for the poor at least, parties and they hold sway over the main means of perception management. Divide and rule is as strong as ever and it would take a Herculian effort for people to challenge that, but challenge it they must if they are ever to escape the chains of poverty that they have been saddled with.

As long as these petty divisions of race/religion etc are allowed to be used to maintain the status quo, the days when poor people will finally resolve to see their true tormentors will be as far away as ever........................ it's only ever been a class war, everything else are just WMDs .............weapons of mass distraction.
I dont think minorities need to form their own party...in fact I think that would be tragic. What they need to do is effectively use the power of their vote and not just blindly give it to one party or blanket infrom the other party there is no incentive to attempt to appeal to them.

In 2012...I believe it was around April...one of the more significant voices in the gay community made a comment in article that was reported in the NYT. What he said was that the Obama administration after 4 years had really done nothing for the gay community, so their donors were looking to sit the 2012 election out. Within 2 weeks of that announcement, Joe Biden for the first time ever changed his previously unwavering position against gay marriage to say that it had 'evolved'. A few weeks later Obama's position also 'evolved'. And the gay community was back in the fold. Just like that, the gay community went to number 2 on the special interest totem pole, behind only senior citizens. Black Americans dropped to number 3 in the level of importance to democrats and since, they have dropped two more notches behind both the Latino community and FFS the trans community.

And all they have to offer the black American community is an offer to rename some streets as BLM Drive and put Harriet Tubman on the $20. Great....so the drug dealers in the black community can stack them Tubmans.

Again...the tragic and pathetic reality is that 46% of the black American community remains in poverty and in violent shitholes in democrat controlled cities across the country...cites democrats built...communities devasted by 5,6, 7 and more DECADES of democrat governance...politicians the black American community keeps in power.

Sounds like he is making a case against systemic racism and identity politics. If MLK asked the question of the white jailer "are you any better off than me?" then he's saying we are all equal, with the equal opportunities, what ever those may be.
White voters vote republican because they want less governmental interference in their lives. Why do poor uneducated black voters continue to vote democrat when they democrats fail to produce a better life for them? Sixty years of promises and little results even when they have controlled both house of Congress and the White House. It's promised made, promises not delivered.
Several of the leading conservative black intellectuals and community activist in America, Shelby Steele, Robert Woodson, Thomas Sowell, John McWhorter, see the charity of the democrats as the leading problem in retarding economic and social advances for black Americans.

This video explains a lot...

You know a town is dying when the only Walmart closes.

It's sad what happened to the poor people in coal country...but I don't think their jobs are coming back no matter what Trump promised them. At least Clinton had a viable plan to help replace coal jobs with retraining programs and business incentives for clean energy jobs...and now they don't even have that. Sad.

But coal isn't the first industry to lose jobs to newer technology and industrialization and it probably won't be the last. Nothing stays the same forever.

Obama promises clean energy jobs and he wasted billions of dollars and didn't produce the jobs. Biden just killed the pipeline and cost tens of thousands of jobs short term and an estimated one million jobs over the next year. Yet he doesn't have any new clean new jobs ready at this point. Those promises are in his mind and on paper. That will not pay any bills, so the answer is more unemployment. Unemployment is not what hard working Americans want, they want dignity and jobs. Joe Biden and Joe's energy team don't understand either. Joe's been in Congress his entire life, Kerry is a multimillionaire who lives an elitist life, and attended elitist schools. What does he know about middle class america?

Obama promises clean energy jobs and he wasted billions of dollars and didn't produce the jobs. Biden just killed the pipeline and cost tens of thousands of jobs short term and an estimated one million jobs over the next year. Yet he doesn't have any new clean new jobs ready at this point. Those promises are in his mind and on paper. That will not pay any bills, so the answer is more unemployment. Unemployment is not what hard working Americans want, they want dignity and jobs. Joe Biden and Joe's energy team don't understand either. Joe's been in Congress his entire life, Kerry is a multimillionaire who lives an elitist life, and attended elitist schools. What does he know about middle class america?

You are mistaken

maxresdefault.jpg

images (4).jpeg

I dont think minorities need to form their own party...in fact I think that would be tragic. What they need to do is effectively use the power of their vote and not just blindly give it to one party or blanket infrom the other party there is no incentive to attempt to appeal to them.

In 2012...I believe it was around April...one of the more significant voices in the gay community made a comment in article that was reported in the NYT. What he said was that the Obama administration after 4 years had really done nothing for the gay community, so their donors were looking to sit the 2012 election out. Within 2 weeks of that announcement, Joe Biden for the first time ever changed his previously unwavering position against gay marriage to say that it had 'evolved'. A few weeks later Obama's position also 'evolved'. And the gay community was back in the fold. Just like that, the gay community went to number 2 on the special interest totem pole, behind only senior citizens. Black Americans dropped to number 3 in the level of importance to democrats and since, they have dropped two more notches behind both the Latino community and FFS the trans community.

And all they have to offer the black American community is an offer to rename some streets as BLM Drive and put Harriet Tubman on the $20. Great....so the drug dealers in the black community can stack them Tubmans.

Again...the tragic and pathetic reality is that 46% of the black American community remains in poverty and in violent shitholes in democrat controlled cities across the country...cites democrats built...communities devasted by 5,6, 7 and more DECADES of democrat governance...politicians the black American community keeps in power.

Interesting stuff about who sits where on the totem pole and any particular moment in time. In fact it's an interesting concept to consider the totem pole as a barometer for the usefulness of gauging how and where the perception management , in the context of a divide and rule , is at any one time and why.

Just to clarify, I wasn't suggesting that minorities form their own political parties, I was suggesting the poorer people should, regardless of colour/creed/sexuality, form a genuine party to challenge the 1%/corporate controllers who are running the show for themselves. Divisions such as these are distractions to the 1% control of our societies. The identity politics serve to dupe people of the elephant in the room which is that it is always a class struggle. I know the term will appear outdated in 2021 but it has beeen the struggle within societies since forever.

When we look at the funding of our political systems, the overwhelming conclusion is that they are predominantly funded by the business/corporate world who fund both sides. I'm not saying that the funding from special interest groups would not be a consideration in what is being discussed, it might get you to the table for just the sheer political opportunism it offers, but it doesn't compare to the power over policy of the big spenders from the business world imho.

It's often enlightening to study who is funding/supporting what and why. I remember a story told by Aaron Russo about how one of the Rockafellers told him how they had financially supported womans rights to work, not because they valued the idea on its own merits, but because they knew it would lower wages IE vastly more people chasing the same amount of jobs. I often see/think these special interest groups being used for their usefulness in political terms and not because the powerful actually believe in their cause. Their usefulness,imo, is often just the divisiveness that cause engenders in the broader population. It's always divide and conquer and it's always the warding off of a genuine class consciousness that is behind the sham democracies that are being held up as beacons of light.

If we had a meaningful/functioning democracy, the 1% wouldn't hold power the way they do, and I believe the plight of those you speak of who have been condemned to live in ghettoes would greatly improve, regardless of their colour/creed or sexual inclinations. It's breaking free of the divide and rule shackles that is the point of departure for a better society for everyone if we can ever free ourselves from the domination of understanding the world outside of that divide and rule elitist manipulation. I don't think we have the time left anymore, if it was ever possible but we should still plug away to get a better situation regardless

Interesting stuff about who sits where on the totem pole and any particular moment in time. In fact it's an interesting concept to consider the totem pole as a barometer for the usefulness of gauging how and where the perception management , in the context of a divide and rule , is at any one time and why.

Just to clarify, I wasn't suggesting that minorities form their own political parties, I was suggesting the poorer people should, regardless of colour/creed/sexuality, form a genuine party to challenge the 1%/corporate controllers who are running the show for themselves. Divisions such as these are distractions to the 1% control of our societies. The identity politics serve to dupe people of the elephant in the room which is that it is always a class struggle. I know the term will appear outdated in 2021 but it has beeen the struggle within societies since forever.

When we look at the funding of our political systems, the overwhelming conclusion is that they are predominantly funded by the business/corporate world who fund both sides. I'm not saying that the funding from special interest groups would not be a consideration in what is being discussed, it might get you to the table for just the sheer political opportunism it offers, but it doesn't compare to the power over policy of the big spenders from the business world imho.

It's often enlightening to study who is funding/supporting what and why. I remember a story told by Aaron Russo about how one of the Rockafellers told him how they had financially supported womans rights to work, not because they valued the idea on its own merits, but because they knew it would lower wages IE vastly more people chasing the same amount of jobs. I often see/think these special interest groups being used for their usefulness in political terms and not because the powerful actually believe in their cause. Their usefulness,imo, is often just the divisiveness that cause engenders in the broader population. It's always divide and conquer and it's always the warding off of a genuine class consciousness that is behind the sham democracies that are being held up as beacons of light.

If we had a meaningful/functioning democracy, the 1% wouldn't hold power the way they do, and I believe the plight of those you speak of who have been condemned to live in ghettoes would greatly improve, regardless of their colour/creed or sexual inclinations. It's breaking free of the divide and rule shackles that is the point of departure for a better society for everyone if we can ever free ourselves from the domination of understanding the world outside of that divide and rule elitist manipulation. I don't think we have the time left anymore, if it was ever possible but we should still plug away to get a better situation regardless
We agree on a lot but we also disagree. You ay the power is in the hands of the 1%...I say te power truly is in the hands of the 47% of the country that even though they are unemployed, impoverished and doomed to live that way for generations, continue to blindly vote for their masters with the promise of crumbs as a reward.

We agree on a lot but we also disagree. You ay the power is in the hands of the 1%...I say te power truly is in the hands of the 47% of the country that even though they are unemployed, impoverished and doomed to live that way for generations, continue to blindly vote for their masters with the promise of crumbs as a reward.

I think the fact that those 47% are still voting against their own interests and can only really continue to vote against their own interest shows just how much control/power that 1% do have.

That's what should confirm to people just why our societies are plutocracies and not democracies.

If the 1% control the Tweedledee or Tweedledum parties anyhow, it matters not how the 99% of people left vote, let alone the 47% of those on skid row.

I am sure the comparison has been made already, but here it is
Why do uneducated poor black Americans vote Dem?

Once again not the title of my thread but of course the gop does what it does best ask a question with one. Anyways i got my answer long ago in this thread. Now its just here for the gop can cry about all kinds of unnecessary and made up nonsense.

Right, the 47 percent line. We should raise taxes on the poor.

The problem is more that our economy doesn't produce jobs that allow enough income for taxes. But your party's solution is to demonize those of lower incomes.

You also hit the "Democrat run cities" talking point. Most cities the Republican party doesn't even bother to run a candidate. My cynical side says the real reason is they don't have solutions either, so they just want to leave it as something they can blame Democrats for. Then cry about why they don't love you.

And you call us sheep....

Right, the 47 percent line. We should raise taxes on the poor.

The problem is more that our economy doesn't produce jobs that allow enough income for taxes. But your party's solution is to demonize those of lower incomes.

You also hit the "Democrat run cities" talking point. Most cities the Republican party doesn't even bother to run a candidate. My cynical side says the real reason is they don't have solutions either, so they just want to leave it as something they can blame Democrats for. Then cry about why they don't love you.

And you call us sheep....

Instead of wanting to " raise taxes on the the poor" , why aren't you supporting massive tax hikes on the super rich/corporate world , instead of having them use all kinds of inventive schemes to avoid tax bills of their own ?

If it's a pot of money, then any illegal taking out should be matched with making illegal any tax evasion tactics employed by the corporate/business world. That this kind of legal tax evasion/creative accounting is the case today only tells use who are shaping the laws, morality and justice are not the motivators for this when the should be imho.

You criticize VM for supporting a party who " demonize those of lower income" but seem to see no moral contradiction in your wish to want to raise taxes on what little they do have. In a pragmatic sense I would rather be demonised with money in my pocket than revered and be penniless.

The system is obviously a one party state, rule by The Business Party, who control two phoney parties to give people the illusion of living in a democracy when in fact they live in a plutocracy. Thus, imo, those who cannot escape their ideological attachment to either one of these fakes and see the sytem without th fig leaves are a massive part of the problem that condemns the very people ( and virtually everyone else btw ) some are trying to score political points over. The sheep are those who believe either side offers them a means to better their lives to any meaningful degree.

For the same reason virtually everyone is voting against their own interests.

Our system is a one party system where two bogus clubs are set out to make believe people have a choice. BS elections are held so people believe they live in a democracy when they actually live in a plutocracy who control things behind the scenes with money and power.

Instead of wanting to " raise taxes on the the poor" , why aren't you supporting massive tax hikes on the super rich/corporate world , instead of having them use all kinds of inventive schemes to avoid tax bills of their own ?

If it's a pot of money, then any illegal taking out should be matched with making illegal any tax evasion tactics employed by the corporate/business world. That this kind of legal tax evasion/creative accounting is the case today only tells use who are shaping the laws, morality and justice are not the motivators for this when the should be imho.

You criticize VM for supporting a party who " demonize those of lower income" but seem to see no moral contradiction in your wish to want to raise taxes on what little they do have. In a pragmatic sense I would rather be demonised with money in my pocket than revered and be penniless.

The system is obviously a one party state, rule by The Business Party, who control two phoney parties to give people the illusion of living in a democracy when in fact they live in a plutocracy. Thus, imo, those who cannot escape their ideological attachment to either one of these fakes and see the sytem without th fig leaves are a massive part of the problem that condemns the very people ( and virtually everyone else btw ) some are trying to score political points over. The sheep are those who believe either side offers them a means to better their lives to any meaningful degree.

I am 100 percent in favor of making the system fairer. I don't favor raising taxes on those with less.

I am 100 percent in favor of making the system fairer. I don't favor raising taxes on those with less.

Maybe I read you wrong but you did say....." We should raise taxes on the poor. "

Making the system fairer means taking control of it, instead of allowing the 1% to run it for their own benefit. To do that people need to disassociate themselves from the two party system controlled by and working for the 1% and create a viable alternative that will genuinely attempt to create a more fairer system. The current system has proven to be, unsurprisingly, incapable of doing so.

Just as Vance Mack cited Malcolm X's call that black people voting for the Democrats are chumps, the same is true of the vast majority that are supporting the GOP. People need to create something different that serves the interests of the 99% which would benefit the poor of ALL racial backgrounds and a whole lot of other people too.

For the same reason virtually everyone is voting against their own interests.

Our system is a one party system where two bogus clubs are set out to make believe people have a choice. BS elections are held so people believe they live in a democracy when they actually live in a plutocracy who control things behind the scenes with money and power.
Bingo and all that.

Back
Top Bottom