• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Do Uneducated Poor White Americans Consistently Vote Republican?

Why do you think trump used racist rhetoric at every trump rally?

Why do you think trump used racist rhetoric at every trump rally?
Look, Trump has obviously appealed to bigotry often. He is a jerk who has tried to increase the divisions among us for his political benefit. But I doubt he has used racist rhetoric at every rally.

Got it, protests with confederate flags, bad... communist flags, good. Out of curiosity, which flag has historically killed more people?
Which communist flags are you talking about and who waved them?

But, voting for free handouts and services isn't greed?
Which free handouts are you talking about, my Social Security and Medicare? Yes, I would vote for them, as society has a duty to take care of its citizens. And when my parents were poor in the 1930s and I was in the 1970s, they got some government relief and I got food stamps and Medicaid. Why do you have a problem with that? I paid taxes before and since. It's the way all of the developed world works.

What free handouts do you get? Willing to bet you do but don't recognize them.

Which free handouts are you talking about, my Social Security and Medicare? Yes, I would vote for them, as society has a duty to take care of its citizens. And when my parents were poor in then1930s and I was in the 1970s, they got some government relief and I got food stamps and Medicaid. Why do you have a problem with that? It's the way all of the developed world works.

What free handouts do you get? Willing to bet you do but don't recognize them.

A hand up isn't a hand out.......got it?

Which communist flags are you talking about and who waved them?
And btw, flags don't kill, the US supported death squads in Central America for years, but they betrayed our flag in doing so. Likewise Stalin betrayed whatever ideals the hammer and sickle stood for.

Those white working class guys have listened to the right wing propaganda for decades. They have been given a common enemy. Blacks and illegal immigrants are to blame for their diminishing lifestyle. Social programs only benefit those minorities. Those minorities feel entitled to the government taking care of them. All kinds of BS like that. They just can't look in the mirror.

Cause poor uneducated whites support tax cuts for the rich.

Under the trump tax cuts for the rich, a rich man making a million per year will see $69,900 in tax cuts every year.

Poor uneducated whites support "trickle down" economics where you give the rich money, the rich get to spend it and that money "trickles down" to the poor.

Cause poor uneducated whites support tax cuts for the rich.

Under the trump tax cuts for the rich, a rich man making a million per year will see $69,900 in tax cuts every year.

Poor uneducated whites support "trickle down" economics where you give the rich money, the rich get to spend it and that money "trickles down" to the poor.

If you notice any time income inequality is brought up the topic is always redirected to the poor. The minimum wage discussion. Welfare. Sorry folks that don't work.

Those right wingers don't want the fact that 90% of Americans haven't participated in the income growth since Reagan and his tax cuts for the rich. Sure that includes the poor. But it also includes the entire working/middle class. That certainly includes those republican working class whites. It's the republicans not those blacks and Hispanics that are responsible for their diminishing lifestyle.

download.png

10-21-10inc-f3.jpg

Got it, protests with confederate flags, bad... communist flags, good. Out of curiosity, which flag has historically killed more people?

I don’t think you got it, I didn’t say nothing about commie flags. If you want to deflect to a different subject, just say that.

Which free handouts are you talking about, my Social Security and Medicare?
The ones you said non-racist felons vote for Democrats to get. Out of curiosity, are the increased numbers of black Trump voters over previous elections also racist? Or are they just rich?

I don’t think you got it, I didn’t say nothing about commie flags. If you want to deflect to a different subject, just say that.
You spent all of 2020 proudly supporting Antifa and their riots. You never has a problem with them carrying communist flags or calling to overthrow our government. Funny how quickly things change.

The ones you said non-racist felons vote for Democrats to get. Out of curiosity, are the increased numbers of black Trump voters over previous elections also racist? Or are they just rich?
Honestly, I don’t understand your first sentence at all. As I understand it,Trump did better than expected among black males, not so among females. I assume as blacks become more prosperous, more will vote for republicans, despite Trump’s appeals to bigotry the past five years and his history of discrimination, lies about black crime, etc.

Last edited:

Relatives of yours?

9b2_717trump1-3-800x430.jpg

Why do up to 90% of black Americans still vote democrat when after almost 100 years of blind support they remain the single most ****ed racial demographic in the country...and its getting worse?

It hasn't been 100 years. 100 years ago they went largely Republican but the GOP turned their backs on them.

It hasn't been 100 years. 100 years ago they went largely Republican but the GOP turned their backs on them.

Let's look at a little history

Abraham Lincoln became the United States’ 16th President in 1861, issuing the Emancipation Proclamation that declared forever free those slaves within the Confederacy in 1863.

Abraham Lincoln was a Republican. They were the progressives of the day.. The blacks stuck with him. The conservative southerners surely weren't with Lincoln's party.. they were democrats. The party of Jim Crow.

Now along comes John Kennedy, a democrat, the Civil rights act of 1964, the voting rights act of 1965, integration of the schools and busing. Southern white democrats were very unhappy.The blacks became democrats

Along comes Nixon with his southern strategy. White southerners became republicans overnight. Blacks flocked to the Civil rights party.

Last edited:
Let's look at a little history

Abraham Lincoln became the United States’ 16th President in 1861, issuing the Emancipation Proclamation that declared forever free those slaves within the Confederacy in 1863.

Abraham Lincoln was a Republican. They were the progressives of the day.. The blacks stuck with him. The conservative southerners surely weren't with Lincoln's party.. they were democrats. The party of Jim Crow.

Now along comes John Kennedy, a democrat, the Civil rights act of 1964, the voting rights act of 1965, integration of the schools and busing. Southern white democrats were very unhappy.The blacks became democrats

Along comes Nixon with his southern strategy. White southerners became republicans overnight. Blacks flocked to the Civil rights party.

I dislike use of the term "southern strategy" but I do think they made a concerted effort to appeal to whites.

By his political calculation to capitalize on the racial and cultural divisions of his day, Nixon opened the gate to the political polarization of the United States in 2018. While President Donald Trump hardly emulates the furtive and nuanced Nixon, there is a direct line that runs from the Nixonian “southern strategy’’ to the Trump presidency.

It's been well documented that the founding fathers didn't want the unwashed masses voting. And while I can see why. Ultimately there is good and bad to both allowing and disallowing anyone that's a citizen to vote.
Thats where decades of attacks on public education gets us.

This video explains a lot...

You know a town is dying when the only Walmart closes.

It's sad what happened to the poor people in coal country...but I don't think their jobs are coming back no matter what Trump promised them. At least Clinton had a viable plan to help replace coal jobs with retraining programs and business incentives for clean energy jobs...and now they don't even have that. Sad.

But coal isn't the first industry to lose jobs to newer technology and industrialization and it probably won't be the last. Nothing stays the same forever.

Lots of mutual aide work is going to need to be done.

Back
Top Bottom