• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Do Trump Supporters Ask for Sources and Links?

Yakshi

Super Tuesday, my ass
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Suddenly, a "fact-checking" Trump supporter wants a link.

Why?

They dismiss everything except Trump, Rush, and some parts of Fox News.

Why do they ask questions when they don't care what the answer will be?

Better yet: why do they ask questions?

Usually, it's to troll by way of getting you to waste your time to produce a link (usually to something splattered all over news) so that they can then annoy you by declaring that they reject the source, or that it is not sufficient "evidence", etc.

I suppose some might be trying to convince themselves that they are approaching a question with an open mind. But I doubt that. Being a Trumpist requires ignoring everything other than pro-Trump propaganda, and I find it hard to believe anyone is stupid enough not to realize that they only ever accept pro-Trump news from specific limited sources.

Why?

It's to keep the poster busy, sidestep and delay.

I never allow myself to be screwed around with like this. Dumb ****s are not educable anyway.

Why?

Par for the course.

Republicans can engage in any QAnon conspiracy theory nonsense some right wing website tells them, all without evidence.

Then you challenge them and all of a sudden sources and evidence matters.

Why?

That'll be the next growth industry on the Internet....

A legitimate--illegitimate news site.

You know how AP, Reuters, NPR, CNN report the news even-handedly. When Florida was called, they showed it on their platforms for example.

Now, consider a website that broadcasts these crazy conspiracy theories...from both sides.

We'll call it...whatever....Blabber.com

Imagine the look on a Trump supporter's face when you cite the Blabber.com when pointing out that Mitch McConnell is doing cocaine or whatever. They'll be using it too so they can't say, "Ha! CNN...the Commie News Network"

I don't waste my time with supplying links to obvious items.

When I've mentioned Trump's lying, even in passing, I've occasionally had Trump supporters ask me to provide links to where Trump lied.

Really? I'm going to respond to that? And go down God only knows what rabbit hole? No way am I going to participate in some goof's delusion, or let them jerk me around. No honest or fruitful debate can spring from a request like that.

Usually, it's to troll by way of getting you to waste your time to produce a link (usually to something splattered all over news) so that they can then annoy you by declaring that they reject the source, or that it is not sufficient "evidence", etc.

I suppose some might be trying to convince themselves that they are approaching a question with an open mind. But I doubt that. Being a Trumpist requires ignoring everything other than pro-Trump propaganda, and I find it hard to believe anyone is stupid enough not to realize that they only ever accept pro-Trump news from specific limited sources.

Forum tactics. Point scoring.

I agree. That's all it seems to be.

Back
Top Bottom