• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Do Trump Advisers Lie?

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Mueller wants to know.

Trump advisers lied over and over again, Mueller says. The question is, why?

And, so do i.

They lied to the public for months before Donald Trump was elected — and then repeatedly after he took office.

They lied to Congress as lawmakers sought to investigate Russia’s attack on American democracy in 2016.

And they lied to the FBI, even when they knew lying was a crime.

In indictments and plea agreements unveiled over the last 20 months, special counsel Robert S. Mueller III has shown over and over again that some of President Trump’s closest friends and advisers have lied about Russia and related issues.

All they do is lie. Why?

Well, Trey Gowdy, Republican, was crying to Comey about Clinton, Trey said that Hillary lying was evidence of consciousness of guilt. That's actually a legal term.
Let's look it up, thanks Trey Gowdy!

Consciousness of guilt is a legal concept and a type of circumstantial evidence of guilt. It is based on a criminal suspect who demonstrates a guilty conscience by their actions or speech.[1] Some examples of consciousness of guilt are:[1]
Examples:

Fleeing from the crime scene or jurisdiction
False statements and lies
False alibi
Changing one's name or personal appearance
Concealing or destroying evidence
Witness intimidation or bribery
Generally, any attempts to cover up a crime

Simply put, consciousness of guilt is an action or statement that a person accused of a crime makes that an innocent person would not make

I wonder if that's part of the reason they are being investigated. Ongoing, evidence of guilt. Lots of it. Piles of it. Nearly everyone involved behaving this way.
Behaving this way all the way up to committing felonies in doing so.

Smart money, Occams Razor, etc., suggests that that are lying, to cover up crimes.
However, if you assume Trump's people are just raging morons first and foremost, they may be lying and committing felonies just because they are raging morons.
It's hard to tell which.

Well, Trey Gowdy, Republican, was crying to Comey about Clinton, Trey said that Hillary lying was evidence of consciousness of guilt. That's actually a legal term.
Let's look it up, thanks Trey Gowdy!

Examples:

Fleeing from the crime scene or jurisdiction
False statements and lies
False alibi
Changing one's name or personal appearance
Concealing or destroying evidence
Witness intimidation or bribery
Generally, any attempts to cover up a crime

Simply put, consciousness of guilt is an action or statement that a person accused of a crime makes that an innocent person would not make

I wonder if that's part of the reason they are being investigated. Ongoing, evidence of guilt. Lots of it. Piles of it. Nearly everyone involved behaving this way.
Behaving this way all the way up to committing felonies in doing so.

Smart money, Occams Razor, etc., suggests that that are lying, to cover up crimes.
However, if you assume Trump's people are just raging morons first and foremost, they may be lying and committing felonies just because they are raging morons.
It's hard to tell which.
To add to your train of thought, I've seen legal pundits suggest that their pathological lying could be used as a defense against the falsehood evidence presented against them! :doh

Mueller wants to know.

Trump advisers lied over and over again, Mueller says. The question is, why?

And, so do i.

All they do is lie. Why?

Lies are usually told to prevent harmful truths from being discovered. In this case, anyone with functioning brain knows what those harmful truths are.

The Trump campaign conspired with Russia to steal the American election and install a Russian asset in our nations highest office. All the lies are to cover that up since the revelation of a damaging fact like that is the end for Trump and possibly the Republican Party.

Lies are usually told to prevent harmful truths from being discovered. In this case, anyone with functioning brain knows what those harmful truths are.

The Trump campaign conspired with Russia to steal the American election and install a Russian asset in our nations highest office. All the lies are to cover that up since the revelation of a damaging fact like that is the end for Trump and possibly the Republican Party.

Bingo!

The reason they lied to Congress is because they thought Devin "Farmboy" Nunes would cover their tracks for them. They did not foresee Schiff taking over.

I have to wonder why Rosalind S. Helderman, Josh Dawsey and Matt Zapotosky...and you, for that matter...think y'all know what Mueller wants to know?
I mean, has he communicated this desire to know to any of you? Or...as is more likely, are the lot of you just baselessly projecting YOUR desire to know onto Mueller.

So you're not at all worried about the hundreds of Russian contacts and contant lies, obstruction, and cover up.
But Calamity's use of "Mueller wants to know" as a literary device...this you really want to get to the bottom of?

Phony post as always.

I have to wonder why Rosalind S. Helderman, Josh Dawsey and Matt Zapotosky...and you, for that matter...think y'all know what Mueller wants to know?

I mean, has he communicated this desire to know to any of you? Or...as is more likely, are the lot of you just baselessly projecting YOUR desire to know onto Mueller.

I am certain Mueller has no interest in finding out why so many of the top officials in the Trump campaign risked going to jail and lied to everyone about their contacts with Russia

So you're not at all worried about the hundreds of Russian contacts and contant lies, obstruction, and cover up.
But Calamity's use of "Mueller wants to know" as a literary device...this you really want to get to the bottom of?

Phony post as always.

It's all part of the image that the media...and some of our fellow DP members...want to build. I'm just doing my part in exposing that nonsense.

Anyway, no. I'm not worried at all about any of that because it's all nonsense.

You have a point, there's a lot of projecting on both sides at this point. But as Mach points out below, how many guilty pleas or convictions of perjury charges by close associates of Trump have to happen before you admit that there's some smock here?

Phony post as always.

You have a point, there's a lot of projecting on both sides at this point. But as Mach points out below, how many guilty pleas or convictions of perjury charges by close associates of Trump have to happen before you admit that there's some smock here?

Yes. I answered Mach.

To add to your train of thought, I've seen legal pundits suggest that their pathological lying could be used as a defense against the falsehood evidence presented against them! :doh

To me, this type of argument is at the extreme end of last resort, and Trump's team seems to have skipped right to it. "Everyone in Trump's inner circle is a liar and a criminal, therefore when they testify against Trump we shouldn't believe a word they say because they're liars and criminals."

Phony post as always.

Well, Mueller indictments continue not to paint the picture many seem to think exist. The Stone indictment, for instance, shows that the Trump campaign was in the dark as to what, if anything, Wikileaks had. Kind of tough to say collusion in such an environment.
As to why lie? Beats me.

To me, this type of argument is at the extreme end of last resort, and Trump's team seems to have skipped right to it. "Everyone in Trump's inner circle is a liar and a criminal, therefore when they testify against Trump we shouldn't believe a word they say because they're liars and criminals."

Mueller is not helping with reducing this problem it would seem. He is not requiring any of these guys to admit guilt to their role in a conspiracy to throw the election. Nor for that matter, is he charging people with communicating with Russians. All he is left with is a bunch of perjurers.

Mueller is not helping with reducing this problem it would seem. He is not requiring any of these guys to admit guilt to their role in a conspiracy to throw the election. Nor for that matter, is he charging people with communicating with Russians. All he is left with is a bunch of perjurers.

Do you think it's possible that there was no conspiracy to throw the election, but that Trump could still be guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors uncovered during the investigation?

And they put Al Capone away on tax evasion charges, so? Prosecutors use whatever tool are available to them to take crooks off the streets and we're all better off for their work...

Do you think it's possible that there was no conspiracy to throw the election, but that Trump could still be guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors uncovered during the investigation?

Such as?

I meant that even if there was indeed "no collusion," could other things like tax fraud, campaign finance violations, or conspiracy against the United States rise to the same level and qualify as impeachable offenses?

I meant that even if there was indeed "no collusion," could other things like tax fraud, campaign finance violations, or conspiracy against the United States rise to the same level and qualify as impeachable offenses?

Ooh, I like the easy questions. Yes.

And they put Al Capone away on tax evasion charges, so? Prosecutors use whatever tool are available to them to take crooks off the streets and we're all better off for their work...

Mueller wasnt appointed to find tax cheats or guys who didn't correctly file as being reps of a foreign government.

He was appointed to find evidence that the Trump campaign and Russia conspired to fix the 2016 election. To the extent that he has failed to do so, and is revealing indictments indicating that it didn't happen, indicates that the question if 'why do they lie if not because...' to be more of an Alamo kind of desperation.

As Gerald Ford has said, an impeachable offense is whatever the House says it is.

Mueller wasnt appointed to find tax cheats or guys who didn't correctly file as being reps of a foreign government.

He was appointed to find evidence that the Trump campaign and Russia conspired to fix the 2016 election. To the extent that he has failed to do so, and is revealing indictments indicating that it didn't happen, indicates that the question if 'why do they lie if not because...' to be more of an Alamo kind of desperation.

The indictments Mueller has already brought against multiple campaign officials demonstrate that your opinion of what he was appointed to do is not grounded in reality.

Back
Top Bottom