• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why do they hate us?

dont give me that bull. there was no need to drop the bomb. the goverment even admitted they aimed for the woman and children to make sure that the men of japan knew what would happen if they did not allow the us full control
many years after the event

japan was giving up they order there men to work out a deal and was giving up the us knew this they wanted to test the bomb and send a message to ussr so dont give me that and on top of that that is coward moves mass bombing is a cowards move

Truman had said, “The world will note that the first atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima, a military base. That was because we wished in this first attack to avoid, insofar was possible, the killing of civilians.”

It was a preposterous statement. Those 100,000 killed in Hiroshima were almost all civilians. The U.S. Strategic Bombing Survey said in its official report:

Japan, by August 1945, was in desperate shape and ready to surrender. A New York Times military analyst wrote, shortly after the war:

The United States Strategic Bombing Survey, set up by the War Department in 1944 to study the results of aerial attacks in the war, interviewed hundreds of Japanese civilian and military leaders after Japan surrendered, and reported just after the war:

“Based on a detailed investigation of all the facts and supported by the testimony of the surviving Japanese leaders involved, it is the Survey’s opinion that certainly prior to December 31 1945, and in all probability prior to 1 November 1945, Japan would have surrendered even if the atomic bombs had not been dropped, even if Russia had not entered the war, and even if no invasion had been planned or contemplated.”
It was known the Japanese had instructed their ambassador in Moscow to work on peace negotiations with the Allies. Japanese leaders had begun talking of surrender a year before this, and the Emperor himself had begun to suggest, in June 1945, that alternatives to fighting to the end be considered.

so dont go lying there was no need to do this terrorist act point blamk

As far as I know the US dropped the bomb partly because they wanted the war over before the USSR got involved in Japan - then the USSR would claim it would be their victory as well. (which is quite pathetic when you think about).

A blockade, invasion, the bomb, it was always going to result in casulaties. I guess the poor Japanese were the victims of the stubborness of their own emperor.

Again it's always the common soldier and civilians that suffer for their leader's mistakes as he sleeps comfortably in his/her bed.

But maybe, just maybe you might think that Truman might have ordered a warning bomb, in a desolate area of Japan miminising innocent casualties.

Last edited:
GarzaUK said:
As far as I know the US dropped the bomb partly because they wanted the war over before the USSR got involved in Japan - then the USSR would claim it would be their victory as well. (which is quite pathetic when you think about).

A blockade, invasion, the bomb, it was always going to result in casulaties. I guess the poor Japanese were the victims of the stubborness of their own emperor.

Again it's always the common soldier and civilians that suffer for their leader's mistakes as he sleeps comfortably in his/her bed.

But maybe, just maybe you might think that Truman might have ordered a warning bomb, in a desolate area of Japan miminising innocent casualties.

They did not have that many to waste.

I don't think America is as bad as people think. Everybody is always so negative on America and the world when there are a lots of good things about both.

Gaz said:
Let me remind you my very British friend, It took 2 Atomic bombs to get the Japanese to surrender.

BibleMark,
provide sources for your quotes and your little rants, please.

You even think that any government would actually admit they were trying to kill the citizens, that's political suicide.

You'd rather have a couple of Million people die then 200,000? You're sicker than I thought. Hell, it was not even 200,000 people, try 140,000 (http://www.ccds.charlotte.nc.us/History/Japan/save/blane/blane.htm)

Alright, the three Choices you have open to you at this time.
1) Bomb Hiroshima, destroying military bases, but killing citizens (most who were working for the Military at building weapons) Killing 140,000
2) Invade and have around 1 Million additional causalities, as well as having to burn Japan to the ground.
3) Let Russia invade and occupy Japan, can you even imagine what Stalin would do with these people!

Japan still had a nuclear program underway, the citizens were ready to fight the oncoming American Troops.

So instead of using this bomb here and now, we wait for a later version and "test" it on another country.. killing even more people?
So how, we had to know the full potential of this bomb.

I thought Garza's comment was quite creative. A warning bomb? I mean I know Japan's an incredibly crowded place so I don't know if there's a desolate place that one could find a target area for a "warning bomb." Pre-supposing there is one, and that's what had happened, how do you think Japan would have reacted to a "warning bomb?"

http://www.zmag.org/CrisesCurEvts/Interventions.htm

That may give everyone some reasons why they hate us.

For all those who simply hate these lengthy links, I'll explain it in brief. It's simply a list of American military interventions, from 1890-2001. Now, all of you know my ideology, and know that I'm quite critical of my country's actions, but I'll tell ya, this list surprised even me by its length. And some of those interventions it lists, well, as a good ol' boy might say, they just ain't right, they ain't right.

Last edited:
tell that to some one from japan they will attack you foreal every one know they was giving up we force japan to fight us in the first place by cutting of there supply whole they was at war that my friend is a act of war im not going to waste my time

biblemark1018 said:
tell that to some one from japan they will attack you foreal every one know they was giving up we force japan to fight us in the first place by cutting of there supply whole they was at war that my friend is a act of war im not going to waste my time

Huh?
Please try to be more coherent.
It just turns into blah blah blah with no punctuation and no spell checking.

biblemark1018 said:

Sources?

You need those in order to have a say-so about that.

GarzaUK said:

U.S. death toll for dropping bomb followed by Japan's surrender: 0. Estimated U.S. death toll of mainland Japan ground invasion: They vary but all dwell around A LOT. Wager on a poll consisting of my father's father while being slated for the mainland Japan invasion? Wager on a poll consisting of the military leaders deciding to drop a bomb or send many to die for the same outcome? Homer say"doh".
Famous quote. "Some times the easy answer is despite being blatantly obvious (sigh) correct" Me-circa just now. Shei?

220,000 people died in the battle of Okinawa alone.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/scottsdale/articles/0401sr-okinawa01Z8.html

The estimated death toll of Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined is about the same.

http://titan.iwu.edu/~physics/Hiroshima/

The island of Okinawa is only a fraction of the size of the Japanese mainland. Dropping the Bombs ultimately saved both American AND Japanese lives. To argue differently is to admit you can't do math.

The Japanese leadership may have begun considering surrender, but that is far from what their actions were at the time. Kamakaze attacks were devistating and are testament to the Bushido warrior code they lived and died by. The closer we got to Japan, the more fiercely they fought (understandably so, from their point of view).

I'm copying and pasting this from earlier because I found this to be quite an idea:

I thought Garza's comment was quite creative. A warning bomb? I mean I know Japan's an incredibly crowded place so I don't know if there's a desolate place that one could find a target area for a "warning bomb." Pre-supposing there is one, and that's what had happened, how do you think Japan would have reacted to a "warning bomb?"

My opinion - They wouldn't have fought any harder because I don't think it's humanly possible to fight harder than they did. But they would not have surrendered either, because they DID get a verbal warning after Hiroshima and before Nagasaki - yet they still didn't surrender until after Nagasaki.

Harry S. Truman said:
It was to spare the Japanese people from utter destruction that the ultimatum of July 26 was issued at Potsdam. Their leaders promptly rejected that ultimatum. If they do not now accept our terms, they may expect a rain of ruin from the air the likes of which has never been seen on this earth.

Binary_Digit said:
220,000 people died in the battle of Okinawa alone.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/scottsdale/articles/0401sr-okinawa01Z8.html

The estimated death toll of Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined is about the same.

http://titan.iwu.edu/~physics/Hiroshima/

The island of Okinawa is only a fraction of the size of the Japanese mainland. Dropping the Bombs ultimately saved both American AND Japanese lives. To argue differently is to admit you can't do math.

The Japanese leadership may have begun considering surrender, but that is far from what their actions were at the time. Kamakaze attacks were devistating and are testament to the Bushido warrior code they lived and died by. The closer we got to Japan, the more fiercely they fought (understandably so, from their point of view).

Previous post goes without saying (Homer say "Doh").
Estimated U.S. death toll, A LOT.
Same previously implied Japanese death toll, A LOT.
Leaders alternate view.
1. Drop bomb U.S. dead = 0. Japanese dead = Maybe same if invade.
2. Invade = U.S. dead = A LOT. Japanese dead = Maybe same if drop bomb.
Math way rules. Kebushima.

Without the US, who else will stop the expansion of Islamic rule?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050526/ap_on_re_eu/netherlands_van_gogh

"""the breakaway Russian republic where Islamic rebels have been fighting for more than a decade for independence."""

Muslims converge and focus on one location/region until it is concentrated enough that they rise up against the soveriegn power and declare independance to set up a Theocratic Islamic State in the area where they dwell.

Its not the 1st time, its not the last, and until the rest of you islamic apologists address this issue, they will contine to try and expand Theocratic Islamic Rule around the world.

But your OKAY with this....

Dumbasses.

damn gamago did not know asses like you where still around
look
the killing of the native in the usa was not muslims
the nazis was not muslims
nam was not started by muslims
ww1 and ww2 was not started by muslims
the bomb dropped on japan was not musllims
the bombing of cambodia killing many woman and kids was not muslims
the crsuades was not started by the muslims
Oklahoma bombing was not muslims
they were all chrsitian
and if you read teh bible you will understand muslims better
and i mean read it with out the lies told in chruch
http://www.geocities.com/bible_mark_10_18/bib

and to the guy who started this thread if you dont watch tv out side of teh us you want know the whole world hates us its because of the mess up stuff we do and we dont look back we just keep messing up poor people live so the rich of th us can stay rich while in europe many white christains to give you a example came to me and say hey we love your people but we hate your goverment

Last edited:
Biblemark, refrain from calling people that don't share your ideas "asses." Thank you. Have a nice day.

Gamago25 said:
Without the US, who else will stop the expansion of Islamic rule?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050526/ap_on_re_eu/netherlands_van_gogh

"""the breakaway Russian republic where Islamic rebels have been fighting for more than a decade for independence."""

Muslims converge and focus on one location/region until it is concentrated enough that they rise up against the soveriegn power and declare independance to set up a Theocratic Islamic State in the area where they dwell.

Its not the 1st time, its not the last, and until the rest of you islamic apologists address this issue, they will contine to try and expand Theocratic Islamic Rule around the world.

But your OKAY with this....

Dumbasses.
"the breakaway Russian republic where Islamic rebels have been fighting for more than a decade for independence"

^you sight that as an example of evil 'Islamic expansion', I guess. So why is it that Muslims fighting against the Chinese in East Turkestan is a human rights issue to the USA, but the struggle for the independence of Chechnya is 'Islamic expansion', not a strugle for human rights? IMO, Gamago is simply prejudice against Muslims, but isn't it a bit contradictory for the USA to support one Muslim group fighting for human rights yet oppose the other?

biblemark1018 said:
that was not for you but the guy above you
i and half of nyc thinks bush did 911
i am not alone and i have one question who is a bigger terrorist the us or arabs
who has killed more woman and kids in shitory counting the japan bopmbing and every thing tell me

First off I am not sure what shitory is....
There is no way the US in 200 years of existence can compare with nearly 3000 years of sustained conflict in the middle east.
I think you are speaking in terms of human death but I could be wrong.

By the way the spellchecker button is on the bottom right as you post.

First of all hi :smile:
Free world hate U.S. because of its imperialist aims, its materialistic vision of life, its deadly consumism and last but not least... hates the few people that have the control of Your country :roll:

I'm not sure the terrorists actually apply to the "free world," but interesting all the same.

By imperialist do you mean spreading democracy and liberating countries? I have no problem with such ideas. I have a problem with using guns and F-16s to do it.

Liberate doesn't means to bomb thousands of innocent (from Dresda to Baghdad, from Roma to Beograde).
This is the one thing that I cannot understand: every people, every country must create his own destiny, what right has one nation to decide what is better for another one?

Your point is quite valid, but what if one country is so oppressed that it cannot create it's destiny or decide what's best? Now remember I am the anti-war activist here, but isn't that simply goodwill?

Back
Top Bottom