• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why do the Sunni and the Shi'ite kill each other?

Moot said:
Well, to be honest I hadn't read your bio when I wrote that. Very impressive, GySgt. Truly. And you have every right to feel proud of your accomplishments and I would be the last person to deny you that.

However, that doesn't give you license to make grandiose assumptions and erroneous speculations about people you have never met or know nothing about to defend your argument on a public debate forum. Face it GySgt, you have no idea who I am. Not even a clue. Nor do you know what I know or where I've been or what I've experienced or seen in my long full life. Nor do you know what I have or haven't read. So to pretend you do, in order to defend your argument about the Sunnis and Shiite in a debate, I'm afraid you left me no choice but to conclude that your argument is extremely weak and you're afraid I might poke holes in it (which I did) and you can't take it.

So let's just leave it that and you can go on erroneously assuming about people you don't know and pretending you have all the answers from a book you can't divulge or essays you can't source, if that will make you feel like you live in the real world. All I can say is, I'm just glad I don't live in that pseudo real world. My peers would slap me silly if I did.

You poked no holes in anything as has been stated by other members as well. You merely resorted to the anti-war dishonesty and tried to present the typical regurgitated rhetoric that would imply conspiracy theories and exaggerated self-blame. From this, you expected an honest debate? There was no substance and you presented isolated incidents that have nothing to do with why the Sunni and the Shi'ites kill each other (which is a Middle Eastren historical thing...not a simple 2003 Iraq and beyond thing).

Your posts tells us all we need to know about you. The whole fact that you need experience and study "linked" for you to understand your world speaks of your intelligence rather than my ability to present truth. If you wish for better debates, you should leave the "blame-bush-at-all-costs" theme behind and drop the ignorance you have displayed about the Middle East.

Then you go into implying that I read "a" book and pretend to know what I'm talking about. Start with these authors, scholars, and intellectuals....

- Arnaud de Borchgrave: Senior Adviser and Director Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Dr. Manfred Gerstenfeld: A consultant to governments, international agencies, and boards of some of the world's largest corporations.
- Dr. Daniel Pipes: A leading nationally published Commentary and Analysis on Militant Islam and a renowned Middle East expert.
- Jonathan Schanzer: A Soref fellow at The Washington Institute, specializing in radical Islamic movements.
- David F. Forte: A Professor of Law at Cleveland-Marshall College of Law and the author of Islamic Studies: Classical and Contemporary Applications.
- Danielle Pletka: Vice president for foreign and defense policy studies at the American Enterprise Institute in Washington.
- Ralph Peters: A uniquely qualified strategic analyst who combines a career of worldwide military experience in the intel field and his vast studies into history, literature, and philosophy.

By "concluding that my posts are weak," you are merely concluding your own ignorance into the subject. Now, certainly your "opinions" are backed up by some sort of study. Surely you have something other than the typical headlines and "hate bush" rhetoric you use to "poke holes?"

Last edited:
GySgt said:
You poked no holes in anything as has been stated by other members as well.
What other members? Oh, you mean those peanuts from the gallery that follow you around giving you belly rubs? Riiiight. LOL

You merely resorted to the anti-war dishonesty and tried to present the typical regurgitated rhetoric that would imply conspiracy theories and exaggerated self-blame. From this, you expected an honest debate? There was no substance and you presented isolated incidents that have nothing to do with why the Sunni and the Shi'ites kill each other (which is a Middle Eastren historical thing...not a simple 2003 Iraq and beyond thing).

Your posts tells us all we need to know about you. The whole fact that you need experience and study "linked" for you to understand your world speaks of your intelligence rather than my ability to present truth. If you wish for better debates, you should leave the "blame-bush-at-all-costs" theme behind and drop the ignorance you have displayed about the Middle East.

Geez, GySgt. That's quite a rant about someone you don't know.

Say, have you ever heard of critical thought? It's what all the great intellectuals, scientists, writers, mathmeticians, etc. use to think rationally and logically. I thought since you consider yourself an intellectual of sorts, that you might have heard of it. Nahhh, judging by your posts I would definitely say you haven't. Critical thought requires that a person be honest with themselves, and I just don't see that in you.

So, I'm going to post some links about critical thought, just because I know how much you hate links. Or so you say. Read em' or don't read em, I don't care...just planting the seed is good enough for me.

Critical Thinking Skills
http://www.ncrel.org/sdrs/areas/issues/envrnmnt/drugfree/sa3crit.htm

Critical thinking
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_thought

List of cognitive biases
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases

Then you go into implying that I read "a" book and pretend to know what I'm talking about. Start with these authors, scholars, and intellectuals....

- Arnaud de Borchgrave: Senior Adviser and Director Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Dr. Manfred Gerstenfeld: A consultant to governments, international agencies, and boards of some of the world's largest corporations.
- Dr. Daniel Pipes: A leading nationally published Commentary and Analysis on Militant Islam and a renowned Middle East expert.
- Jonathan Schanzer: A Soref fellow at The Washington Institute, specializing in radical Islamic movements.
- David F. Forte: A Professor of Law at Cleveland-Marshall College of Law and the author of Islamic Studies: Classical and Contemporary Applications.
- Danielle Pletka: Vice president for foreign and defense policy studies at the American Enterprise Institute in Washington.
- Ralph Peters: A uniquely qualified strategic analyst who combines a career of worldwide military experience in the intel field and his vast studies into history, literature, and philosophy.

By "concluding that my posts are weak," you are merely concluding your own ignorance into the subject. Now, certainly your "opinions" are backed up by some sort of study. Surely you have something other than the typical headlines and "hate bush" rhetoric you use to "poke holes?"

ARRGHH!!! Cough, cough, sputter, gag....GEEEEZUS. You have got to be kidding. Did you really believe I have never read or heard of those authors???? No wonder you didn't want to divulge your reading list. Holy cow, I'd be embarrrassed too, if I were you. Pheew. Ho ho man, except for maybe two of those authors (David Forte and perhaps Ralph Peters, whom I will give benefit of doubt) the rest are nothing but complete and utter frauds, disinformation artists and psuedo intellectuals with narrow minded agendas. Geez, no wonder you can't defend your arguments, GySgt. The stuff they write flys in the face of facts, logic, reason and just plain common sense. The crap those creeps write will rot your brain. I'm serious.

I'll tell you something else, GySgt ....I don't believe for one nano second that you didn't read and learn about those hacks off the internet. NOT FOR ONE NANO SECOND. So go ahead and rant and call me names if it will make you feel better, but as far I am concerned you have been outted....big time, babydoll. From now on, I'll know exactly where you're coming from and it ain't pretty. No indeedy.

Here's a reading list that will help you in your endevor to be educated.....but I warn you...it requires critical thought.

http://www.loc.gov/rr/international/hispanic/terrorism/islamic_fundamentalism.html

Last edited:
Moot said:
What other members? Oh, you mean those peanuts from the gallery that follow you around giving you belly rubs? Riiiight. LOL

Say, have you ever heard of critical thought? It's what all the great intellectuals, scientists, writers, mathmeticians, etc. use to think rationally and logically. I thought since you consider yourself an intellectual of sorts, that you might have heard of it. Nahhh, judging by your posts I would definitely say you haven't. Critical thought requires that a person be honest with themselves, and I just don't see that in you.

So, I'm going to post some links about critical thought, just because I know how much you hate links. Or so you say. Read em' or don't read em, I don't care...just planting the seed is good enough for me.

Critical Thinking Skills

Critical thinking

List of cognitive biases

ARRGHH!!! Cough, cough, sputter, gag....GEEEEZUS. You have got to be kidding. Did you really believe I have never read or heard of those authors???? No wonder you didn't want to divulge your reading list. Holy cow, I'd be embarrrassed too, if I were you. Pheew. Ho ho man, except for maybe two of those authors (David Forte and perhaps Ralph Peters, whom I will give benefit of doubt) the rest are nothing but complete and utter frauds, disinformation artists and psuedo intellectuals with narrow minded agendas. Geez, no wonder you can't defend your arguments, GySgt. The stuff they write flys in the face of facts, logic, reason and just plain common sense. The crap those creeps write will rot your brain. I'm serious.

I'll tell you something else, GySgt ....I don't believe for one nano second that you didn't read and learn about those hacks off the internet. NOT FOR ONE NANO SECOND. So go ahead and rant and call me names if it will make you feel better, but as far I am concerned you have been outted....big time, babydoll. From now on, I'll know exactly where you're coming from and it ain't pretty. No indeedy.

Here's a reading list that will help you in your endevor to be educated.....but I warn you...it requires critical thought.

http://www.loc.gov/rr/international/hispanic/terrorism/islamic_fundamentalism.html

This has to be one oft he most amusing vomits I have read on these pages in a long time. I really liked the irony inherent in the manner in which you, of all people, tried to dispense with another's point of view by empty insisinuations as to your own supposed use of critical thought and Gunny's imagined lack thereof, and all offered with absolutely no substance. You might as well be the elephant man accusing others of not being pretty.

Your "belly rub" comment was kinda cute, though. Envious, but cute.

Moot said:

And now you seek to resort to insulting those other members (of which not all agree with the war in Iraq). The difference here is that they have set the sophomoric conspiracy anti-war desperations aside and debate with honesty and intellect.

Moot said:

Critical Thinking Skills

Critical thinking

List of cognitive biases

Critical thought involves a measure of honesty. You have cast that aside to cling to assumptions, fantasies, and feeble complaints. Here, again, you display your lacking ability to remain above the childish antics.

Moot said:

And you continue to display your immaturity. A brief reading list of authors and intellectuals was produced (against my better judgement) and you behave in the typical manner that all behave. You simply scoff and produce your personal opinions against widely accepted sources and lash out and seek to be a victim of "name calling." Of course, you then go ahead and ignore the request of producing your studies and produce an Internet site that merely displays the civilianized versions of intelligence that I read on other military sites and reports. The truth is that you simply run on emotion and headlines and are passing this off as wisdom. You are merely one among others. Same sophomorics, different person.

If you wish to actually learn about the cultures WE encounter then try this site full of unclassified information from open sources. It is not enough to read a headline.....you must understand the histories, psychologies, and civilizations behind the events in order to understand what we are up against.

http://www.tecom.usmc.mil/caocl/

Last edited:
There was plenty of information on US backing Shia death squads, the famous story of direct engagement of Brits into a terrorist act against a Shrine and etc. but all this information is rather hard to check.
Nevertheless, speaking about "sectarian violence" and US role in it we should understand clearly that Greater Middle East plan doesn't imply any integer Iraq!
On the contrary it implies 3 states: Kurdish, Sunni (in the desert and without oil) and the greater Shia with some areas of Iranin oil reach Khuzistan as well!
Just look here for example!
afj.peters_map_after.JPG

taken from here: http://www.armedforcesjournal.com/2006/06/1833899

This idea stems from Bernard Lewis - one of the US top Middle East experts.
So sectarian violence is in accordance with the Greater Middle East plans.

Back
Top Bottom