• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why do some people assume we will go back to normal?

We have entered the new normal. This isn't entirely a bad thing. Do some of you wonder why the stock market is at record highs? Our way of life has changed forever. There is no need for all these in-person business meetings when you can do it online/via an app just as efficiently.

Pretty much any business now needs an online presence and/or the ability to accept payments other than cash. Is this a bad thing?

While certainly, this has been a terrible shock to many, our economy may come out of it stronger than ever.

I definitely agree that some businesses will adapt to the virtual or remote precedent set over the last 10 months. If a business is able to reduce its expenditures on leases, rent or mortgages and survive with a remote workforce, they'd be silly not to capitalize on that outcome. I do also see us returning to normal on other fronts, just like Americans have for every other pandemic in history.

i bet people said the same thing after every pandemic.

then, ever so gradually, people understand that they can win more business when they are face to face or wining and dining or smiling and shaking hands.

Absolutely! Things will be more competitive than ever after the pandemic. The added in person touch will be mandatory. My brother sales wine and other beverages and says he's doing ok now but would be doing significantly better if he was able to meet with his customers.

Absolutely! Things will be more competitive than ever after the pandemic. The added in person touch will be mandatory. My brother sales wine and other beverages and says he's doing ok now but would be doing significantly better if he was able to meet with his customers.
when i was building my company (in the 1980s-2000s) i would sometimes have slow weeks/months.

so, i'd just get in my car, drive to a client's office and just say "Hello! What's up?". i would rarely have to go to the second client because, invariably, while i was there someone would say "Hey, while you're here..." and i'd instantly have more business. just putting my face in their offices was a powerful tool.

and now all those clients think of me as family. and that's a bunch of extra family.

Only idiots believe we can go back sometimes to the pre-Corona time.
After the forced vaccination most of humanity will die

When will this conspiracy theory of yours be falsified? How long after the vaccine is widely available before you recognize the vaccine isn’t causing mass death?

Ditto, you must be one of the gullible herd. Bah-aaa, (sheep sound)

Give me a break. Just wear your damn mask. I traveled, took a flight this week, everyone was wearing a mask, even little kids. Why would you, a grown-ass man, refuse to wear a mask?

I will have to say, I was surprisingly impressed traveling during the pandemic. The airport was clean. The plane was clean. The flight attendants were courteous and in a good mood. The bathrooms were clean. I can get used to this whole not selling the middle seat thing (I can wish!).

Lounge service was a bit authoritarian although I can understand that.

Not believing you on this.

Both Walmart and Lowe's have mask required policies.
And I disregard them, no one says anything.
My customers don’t care about face diapers, just fix their problem, I do, profit.$

Last edited:
Give me a break. Just wear your damn mask. I traveled, took a flight this week, everyone was wearing a mask, even little kids. Why would you, a grown-ass man, refuse to wear a mask?
Because I’m not a sheep, more like the sheep dog.
I don’t believe communist propaganda, (China flu Scamdemic) I’m not afraid of the BLM, antifa soy boys, I carry a gun and will use it, I’m to old to care.

Last edited:
Whenever I'm in a large retail store and encounter people without masks, I simply ask to speak to the manager. I tell them that if they don't enforce their own mask regulations, then I can't shop there anymore, I'll make sure my family and friends know it, and I'll post it on Yelp. I've had two people apologize and put their masks on, and had one person removed. The management of a large chain will never risk the bad publicity of non-compliance because their corporate offices will replace them if they do.
When a manager says something about my no face diaper , I tell them to suk my dik, They leave, walk away.

You can't live your life in fear! If a gun makes you feel better at Walmart then I guess bring it.
I do, I Carry a .38 everywhere, I’m old and can’t fight anymore, but I can shoot your communist ass. prison is not scary anymore, I’m not pretty (young).

Last edited:
I never left pre Scamdemic time, nothing changed accept the gullible wearing face diapers.
A "face diaper" would help contain all the poo you talk.

When a manager says something about my no face diaper , I tell them to suk my dik, They leave, walk away.

I am guessing, you wear an actual diaper???

Scientists say that the continued climate disruption and animal habitat destruction are going to result in more frequent and more intense diseases; that Covid-19 is just the start of our new normal.

Until we change those, manmade economies will be more unstable than they already are.

Human-to-human interactions and human interactions with the sources of viruses will never be reduced enough to prevent this from happening.

I am guessing, you wear an actual diaper???
Nope, I don’t wear a face diaper, never since day one of the Scamdemic.
I knew it was propaganda, and I was right, as usual.

Mandating mask wearing is only required until the pandemic is behind us. Nobody expects it to last "the rest of their lives".

Well, we may see a fair number of folks who WILL wear them when in public for the rest of their lives.
But if most or all of the population is vaccinated on a regular basis, the remaining mask wearers will not be the majority.

Well, we may see a fair number of folks who WILL wear them when in public for the rest of their lives.
But if most or all of the population is vaccinated on a regular basis, the remaining mask wearers will not be the majority.
I will refuse a stupid flu shot, never had one, never had the flu. Why start now?
You expect me to trust the government?... NEVER! They lie!
And I also refuse to wear a face diaper!

Last edited:

You're very brave. Most people wouldn't have the courage to admit to such infantilism on a public website, let alone brag about it.

I definitely agree that some businesses will adapt to the virtual or remote precedent set over the last 10 months. If a business is able to reduce its expenditures on leases, rent or mortgages and survive with a remote workforce, they'd be silly not to capitalize on that outcome. I do also see us returning to normal on other fronts, just like Americans have for every other pandemic in history.

There is a HUGE opportunity here for more rural communities, especially those near larger cities. Many, many people, myself included, would prefer to live in smaller communities with a slower pace of life and lower cost of living. If these communities can develop good communications infrastructure AND good local schools, we could easily see a migration back to rural areas.

We have entered the new normal. This isn't entirely a bad thing. Do some of you wonder why the stock market is at record highs? Our way of life has changed forever. There is no need for all these in-person business meetings when you can do it online/via an app just as efficiently.

Pretty much any business now needs an online presence and/or the ability to accept payments other than cash. Is this a bad thing?

While certainly, this has been a terrible shock to many, our economy may come out of it stronger than ever.

I think you miss something of great important in equating teh stock market to teh economy. The stock market is comprised of giants corporations, they are thriving as mom and pop were forced to shut down during as they were allowed to remain open. This instantly increased their market share and has put many mom and pops out of business promising even rosier days for corporate America.
As a result the economy absolutely will not come out of this stronger than ever. We will have more poor and less middle class.

and the ironic thing about this is that you use this immature quip thinking you have asserted your masculinity when in truth you have exposed a shallow insecure nature

sad is what it is

I think you miss something of great important in equating teh stock market to teh economy. The stock market is comprised of giants corporations, they are thriving as mom and pop were forced to shut down during as they were allowed to remain open. This instantly increased their market share and has put many mom and pops out of business promising even rosier days for corporate America.
As a result the economy absolutely will not come out of this stronger than ever. We will have more poor and less middle class.

Indeed. And due to so much pandemic-induced down-sizing, many people have been let go and so are no longer able to enjoy the profit sharing and pension investments that their company enrolled them in. So they become even less likely in profiting from the rising Wall Street market as a result.

I do, I Carry everywhere, I’m old and can’t fight anymore, but I can shoot your communist ass.

Just because I like Putin doesn’t make me a communist.

Back
Top Bottom