• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why do so many people have to hate bush?

KCConservative said:
I have said that the administration is fighting back...now. Beginning with the Veterans Day speech, the White House is not going to let the distortions go without rebuttal.

LOL Yeah, whatever you say there, KC. What did Murtha say against the president himself? I believe he attacked the policy, which, according to Bush, is okay. Regardless, they realized that they were not scoring any points by saying that Murtha was like Michael Moore. I feel sorry for the republicans because they don't seem to know their a$$ from their elbow.

KCConservative said:
and the smear machine continues. Hey, boo, will you be the one to finally give some evidence of this?

When you asked for proof in other threads, I posted evidence that Bush lied..aluminum tubes, for just one example.

"We know where the WMD are...in the area around Tikrit,"....etc...etc... you choose to ignore the evidence as presented, and leave that thread and never respond.

A few days later, I see you once again asking for evidence that Bush lied.

Is this the "cut and run" strategy?

a_marine4bush said:
Bush has done nothing but put his best knowledge and work in his presidency..........So i would like to here some logical reasons?

As former military myself, under Reagan, I don't hate Bush.

But I believe he manipulated intelligence to justify taking our nation to war...an unforgiveable act.

He's shredded 40 years of environmental policies.

He's spent more money then all other 42 presidents combined...leaving a legacy of bills that will handicap the future of our nation.

He's put cronies and friends in positions of power that were not experienced in those areas...further hurting the U.S., and costing U.S. lifes.

He ignored the advice of those more experienced, and by his arrogance cost additional lifes in Iraq.

He's a spoiled little rich kid who has failed at every business he's ever been involved in, and is only in his position now, because of the power of his last name, and the biased partisanship of the U.S. Supreme Court.

Using the power and influence of his name, he skipped out on his military duty, and had that covered up as well.

He callously allowed retarded individuals to be put to death while governor of Texas, and then mocks a woman, who found Jesus, who pleads for her life.

He tells the Amish, in Pennsylvania that "God speaks through me."

He portrays himself as a Christian but is closer to the anti-Christ.
(personal opinion..LOL)

His campaigns have a history of the dirtiest form of politics. See further info on what Bush did and lied about as far as Ann Richards, McCain, Gore and Kerry.

He is an arrogant little s.o.b. who did not give the american people, nor congress, the best available info before taking our nation to war.

As far as I'm concerned, Bush stands on the bodies of all our fallen dead in Iraq. He is the worst excuse we have ever had the misfortune of occupying the Oval Office.

Anyone that supports Bush is not looking at the facts, but is simply a victim of the worst form of political party bias.

I guess that about covers it for now? ROTFL!!!!!

ok tell me this people i am in the United States Marine Corps.......a proud member of the worlds elite fighting force and all i see in the future is great improvement........if the war in iraq is so ingerent then why do u ignaramooses support your troops who fight for this cause every single day and night.........support the troops and support the cause

Hoot said:
As former military myself, under Reagan, I don't hate Bush.

But I believe he manipulated intelligence to justify taking our nation to war...an unforgiveable act.

He's shredded 40 years of environmental policies.

He's spent more money then all other 42 presidents combined...leaving a legacy of bills that will handicap the future of our nation.

He's put cronies and friends in positions of power that were not experienced in those areas...further hurting the U.S., and costing U.S. lifes.

He ignored the advice of those more experienced, and by his arrogance cost additional lifes in Iraq.

He's a spoiled little rich kid who has failed at every business he's ever been involved in, and is only in his position now, because of the power of his last name, and the biased partisanship of the U.S. Supreme Court.

Using the power and influence of his name, he skipped out on his military duty, and had that covered up as well.

He callously allowed retarded individuals to be put to death while governor of Texas, and then mocks a woman, who found Jesus, who pleads for her life.

He tells the Amish, in Pennsylvania that "God speaks through me."

He portrays himself as a Christian but is closer to the anti-Christ.
(personal opinion..LOL)

His campaigns have a history of the dirtiest form of politics. See further info on what Bush did and lied about as far as Ann Richards, McCain, Gore and Kerry.

He is an arrogant little s.o.b. who did not give the american people, nor congress, the best available info before taking our nation to war.

As far as I'm concerned, Bush stands on the bodies of all our fallen dead in Iraq. He is the worst excuse we have ever had the misfortune of occupying the Oval Office.

Anyone that supports Bush is not looking at the facts, but is simply a victim of the worst form of political party bias.

I guess that about covers it for now? ROTFL!!!!!

I must suck to be so jealous and full of hate. See you at the polls. :2wave:

KCConservative said:
I must suck to be so jealous and full of hate. See you at the polls. :2wave:

Freudian slip there, KC? ROTFL!!!!!!

Hoot said:
Freudian slip there, KC? ROTFL!!!!!!
None whatsoever. The venom laced criticisms without supporting evidence can only be judged as political jealousy. As democrats pour on the hate and forget to develop a platform for 2008, republicans ignore the slander and keep pressing forward with logical ideals.

Originally Posted by KCConservative
I must suck to be so jealous and full of hate.
Why don't you give us an example of "Love and Respect?"

KCConservative said:
None whatsoever. The venom laced criticisms without supporting evidence can only be judged as political jealousy. As democrats pour on the hate and forget to develop a platform for 2008, republicans ignore the slander and keep pressing forward with logical ideals.

Sorry to ruin your weekend, KC, but the marine who started this thread asked "why do so many people hate Bush," so I merely gave my reasons for disliking what this man has done to our country. As far as evidence, I can prove each one of my contentions, but then you'll just run off to another thread and ignore the truth, so why should I waste my time trying to enlighten you? You are locked into a political party bias that no one, and no amount of evidence, will persuade you from.

Jan, 20th, 2009, Hang in there, America.

Hoot said:
As far as evidence, I can prove each one of my contentions, but then you'll just run off to another thread and ignore the truth, so why should I waste my time trying to enlighten you?

Translation: Evidence? :shrug:

Wasn't it Bush that said. "THey have WMDs and we know where they are."?
But I will give him credit in telling the truth though. He said he didn't think much about Osama.

Its a question i ask myself all the time. Here in the UK bush is a constant figure of fun and hatred. It really annoys me and has become the norm. Its "cool" to hate bush.

I on the other hand see him as a great leader and a defender of freedom. I know that history will judge him to be right and that his presidency will be a crucial turning point in the battle for freedom across the globe.

YNKYH8R said:
Wasn't it Bush that said. "THey have WMDs and we know where they are."?
But I will give him credit in telling the truth though. He said he didn't think much about Osama.

Many prominent figures, republicans and democrats alike, said the same thing or something to the same effect. Bush happens to shoulder most of the blame because he's the president and took action.

Originally posted by Christian:
Its a question i ask myself all the time. Here in the UK bush is a constant figure of fun and hatred. It really annoys me and has become the norm. Its "cool" to hate bush.

I on the other hand see him as a great leader and a defender of freedom. I know that history will judge him to be right and that his presidency will be a crucial turning point in the battle for freedom across the globe.
Welcome to Debate Politics.

That being said, I've got all the freedom I need (less the Patriot Act) and I don't need him going off and attacking country's that did nothing to us.

Billo_Really said:
Welcome to Debate Politics.

That being said, I've got all the freedom I need (less the Patriot Act) and I don't need him going off and attacking country's that did nothing to us.

Cheers.

I'll try and not debate iraq, i'm sure you can already tell my views regarding that and god knows i've debated it many time and in many forums.

At the time, it was the right thing to do, now, well, we have learnt mistakes were made. Intelligence failures of massive proportions spanning many countries. Bush is given an awful press and much of it is based on lies. Quite Ironic really.

I don't really think bush lied about WMD. I think he really thought they existed, but I don't understand why he went after Iraq when they were not responsible for 9/11. I think too much emphasis was placed on finding Hussein, when it should have been placed on finding Bin Laden. However, that is a tough job as he has many resources and hiding spots.

I think we have over done it with Iraq, but I don't think pulling out now would solve anything either, but just make things worse. We should not have invaded to begin with.

alphieb said:
I don't really think bush lied about WMD. I think he really thought they existed, but I don't understand why he went after Iraq when they were not responsible for 9/11. I think too much emphasis was placed on finding Hussein, when it should have been placed on finding Bin Laden. However, that is a tough job as he has many resources and hiding spots.

I think we have over done it with Iraq, but I don't think pulling out now would solve anything either, but just make things worse. We should not have invaded to begin with.

The war on terrorism is a war on terrorism, not solely a war on the perpetrators of 9/11.

Bush wasnt the only one who fought wmd were in iraq, numerous agencies and nations and politicians concured.

Christian said:
Cheers.

I'll try and not debate iraq, i'm sure you can already tell my views regarding that and god knows i've debated it many time and in many forums.

At the time, it was the right thing to do, now, well, we have learnt mistakes were made. Intelligence failures of massive proportions spanning many countries. Bush is given an awful press and much of it is based on lies. Quite Ironic really.

Can you provide examples of these "lies"? He said that there were WMDs. He said that Iraq was reconstituting nuclear weapons. Neither are true. But I am interested to hear what lies you believe that Bush's "awful press" is based upon.

aps said:
But I am interested to hear what lies you believe that Bush's "awful press" is based upon.
I'd Dan Rather not...:2wave:

Christian said:
The war on terrorism is a war on terrorism, not solely a war on the perpetrators of 9/11.

Bush wasnt the only one who fought wmd were in iraq, numerous agencies and nations and politicians concured.

When we didn't find them we should not have engaged in WAR.....it has just caused more problems. It also will not stop the perpetrators a bit. They will always do what they do. We need to be hunting for THEM.

aps said:
Can you provide examples of these "lies"? He said that there were WMDs. He said that Iraq was reconstituting nuclear weapons. Neither are true. But I am interested to hear what lies you believe that Bush's "awful press" is based upon.

You give me some evidence that he lied, because have seen none.

Its all speculation and anti war sentiment, not hard facts.

alphieb said:
When we didn't find them we should not have engaged in WAR.....it has just caused more problems. It also will not stop the perpetrators a bit. They will always do what they do. We need to be hunting for THEM.

Which is what we are doing.

Hunting the sobs down, 1 by 1.

Christian said:
You give me some evidence that he lied, because have seen none.

Its all speculation and anti war sentiment, not hard facts.

Huh? You make a statement, I ask for substantiation of that statement, and you turn around and ask me to prove the opposite of what you said? I never said that Bush lied. Rather, I pointed out the truth, which was that he made assertions that have not been substantiated. It is a FACT that no WMDs have been found. It is a FACT that there is no evidence that Saddam Hussein was reconstituting nuclear weapons.

Forget I even asked. I know the answer (that you are incapable of providing me with any lies upon which his bad press is based).

aps said:
Huh? You make a statement, I ask for substantiation of that statement, and you turn around and ask me to prove the opposite of what you said? I never said that Bush lied. Rather, I pointed out the truth, which was that he made assertions that have not been substantiated. It is a FACT that no WMDs have been found. It is a FACT that there is no evidence that Saddam Hussein was reconstituting nuclear weapons.

Forget I even asked. I know the answer (that you are incapable of providing me with any lies upon which his bad press is based).

My mistake, the press dont lie about him, though the coverage of iraq and the president is largely one sided.

Back
Top Bottom