• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why do Republicans like Kyle Rittenhouse?

Spakian

Pragmatism is the best "ism"
Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I see a lot of Republicans on this forum and online voice their support for him. Take this Tweet for example:

I just don't understand why lots of people support a juvenile murderer? Is it because he killed protestors? I would like to know why people support him

I see a lot of Republicans on this forum and online voice their support for him. Take this Tweet for example:

I just don't understand why lots of people support a juvenile murderer? Is it because he killed protestors? I would like to know why people support him

Because the incident has been fed to them as some sort of noble cause that panders to their ideology and world views.

Because the incident has been fed to them as some sort of noble cause that panders to their ideology and world views.
So their ideology is "killing people that they don't like" and that their version of a noble cause would be murder?

Kyle serves their narrative, and if there's one thing they've been pushing a lot lately, it's their narrative.

You do understand, but youre trying to make a point. Clearly its mostly standard politics. Democrats are antifa and blm, so republicans are those who oppose antifa and blm.

What you really dont understand is the facts of the case.

So their ideology is "killing people that they don't like" and that their version of a noble cause would be murder?
BLM and the idea of Antifi are their enemies. Anyone that is painted as taking up arms against them are perceived as heros and worthy of putting on a pedestal.

How painfully moronic and dishonest.
But that is the narrative. The Democrats are Antifa and BLM, and the Republicans are the noble Patriots resisting them. That's how they like to spin it, and that is why Kyle gets play with the GOP right now. It pushes their narrative.

Why do so many Democrats think that conservatives can be legally murdered and it illegal for conservatives to defend themselves against being murdered?
He wasn't trying to defend himself. He went to the protest on his own and he wasn't supposed to be there as per his mother

Why are many Democrats so outraged that Kyle wasn't murdered?

🍿 ... no way this ends well.

I support the legal process and the law, which in my opinion supports his claim of self defense with every shot fired. Of course he's no angel or saint or dispenser of rightous justice as some claim, he made some serious mistakes, but it was the actions of the adults that escalated the situation into one where he felt forced to use his weapon. Since this is such a politicized case, it has led to a lot of confusion regarding my political affiliation and assumptions made about what I think about other shootings. It shouldn't be that way.

He acted in self defense. Why do you oppose a person defending his own life?

I had a feeling this wasn’t a serious thread. Glad I read a little more before trying to give a serious answer.

He wasn't trying to defend himself. He went to the protest on his own and he wasn't supposed to be there as per his mother

So if he should let himself be killed because he went to a protest he shouldn't have been at, then the people attacking him and who were shot shouldn't have been there under covid-19 restrictions so also should have been killed.

I don't think that many Democrats wanted him murdered per say. They just wanted him to serve time for his actions

But that is the narrative. The Democrats are Antifa and BLM, and the Republicans are the noble Patriots resisting them. That's how they like to spin it, and that is why Kyle gets play with the GOP right now. It pushes their narrative.

And it is a very stupid and dishonest narrative.

Johnny said it like he meant it himself. I've seen any other number of comments from him that are, shall we say, not great. If he didn't agree with it, it was a rather odd way to put it, especially with that ending. . . 🤷

Why do so many Democrats think that conservatives can be legally murdered and it illegal for conservatives to defend themselves against being murdered?

I don’t know.

That’s your made up paradigm. I’m sure it will be the frame upon which you are going to erect a straw man argument.

What I see is a stupid punk, who has obviously been absorbing hate from sorry places in the deplorable blogosphere.

So he goes out and illegally obtains a weapon, and goes looking for where he knows there will be trouble.

And he finds it. And kills two people.

He broke the law at least two ways.

And his momma whines that he shouldn’t have been there (well, she certainly didn’t stop him), and that the protestors shouldnt’ have been there either (which is a self serving rationalization).

Yup, another piece of budding white trash goes out and buys a gun illegally and goes somewhere he had no business being, and kills two people.

And that’s what the Trump trash celebrate!

Starting from the presumption of murder isn't helping. It shows that he needs help, in order to make sure he gets fair treatment.

Both sides came with violence on their minds.

Both sides made mistakes that contributed to a tragic outcome.

ANTIFA and BLM are the actual noble patriots?

For the same reason Palestinians celebrate suicide bombers.

Right wingers got all warm and fuzzy, when a guy mashed the throttle, and smashed a young woman flat, for PROTESTING. They want libs DEAD. The more the merrier. AS Trump said, THEY MUST BE STOPPED.

I think he shouldn't have been there in the first place. I'm fine with his self-defense but I don't think it should be celebrated considering that he went looking for trouble.

The people cheering him on seem to have little regard for human life. It should be regrettable whenever you have to take a life. And it's especially unfortunate when the shooter is a teen.

Back
Top Bottom