• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why do pro lifers hate the word ZEF so much? [W:328]

GEIxBattleRifle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I was just wondering since I never use that term in support of abortion. Personally I call the unborn either human fetuses or call them unborn humans so I' am not guilty of ''dehumanizing'' them.

And also fellow pro choicers what do you have to say about this?

Why do pro lifers hate the word ZEF so much?

It's a term that is rarely used except by hateful bigots, for the express purpose of dehumanizing and degrading a segment of the human population to which they want to deny the most basic and essential of all human rights.

It's not much different than the way that “nigger” has commonly been used by racists, and with the negative connotation that that word has taken on because of how it is used.

If a word is only used in a hateful and evil way, then it stands to reason that it is going to take on a hateful and evil connotation.

It's a term that is rarely used except by hateful bigots, for the express purpose of dehumanizing and degrading a segment of the human population to which they want to deny the most basic and essential of all human rights.

It's not much different than the way that “nigger” has commonly been used by racists, and with the negative connotation that that word has taken on because of how it is used.

If a word is only used in a hateful and evil way, then it stands to reason that it is going to take on a hateful and evil connotation.

we'll leave you two alone ...

Context. It's almost always used to demean the unborn.

It's not a word at all. It's based on the cycle that the life of the unborn child goes through up to birth. So I guess we can call all born humans ITCTYAAMAOTHEA (infant, toddler, child, teenager, young adult, adult, middle aged, over the hill, elderly, ancient). :)

I was just wondering since I never use that term in support of abortion. Personally I call the unborn either human fetuses or call them unborn humans so I' am not guilty of ''dehumanizing'' them.

Spare me the "I am not guilty of ''dehumanizing'' them nonsense. You are, and you do. According to you they are much worse than a tapeworm.

It's doesn't even matter if it's natural

Even a tapeworm in the digestive tract does not behave that badly and we have no problem killing it because of that reason.

So it shouldn't be surprised if we kill something else acting much more worse then a tapeworm.

It's for the exact reason you described. ZEF is used to dehumanize. It's an attempt to call it anything, to include making up words, as long as you don't have to call it a living human being.

What is a bigot is a person who posts the racist slur you just did and do so incessantly on the forum. THAT is the definition of a bigot and EVERYONE knows so.

A white man who continuously spouts out racist bigot slurs predictably would be 100% also predictably spout out every bigoted slur against women too.

Last edited:

because of these guys

on a serious note, I try not to get hung up on terms different people prefer in the debate, though I will try to be as nutral in my language as possible. Using "entity" often when I am talking about the fetus and embryo.

If for nothing else, it saves a bunch of pointless arguing

It's for the exact reason you described. ZEF is used to dehumanize. It's an attempt to call it anything, to include making up words, as long as you don't have to call it a living human being.

But you absolute agree the racist slur against African-Americans in his message you congratulate - a racist slur he uses incessantly on the forum, isnt' degrading at all against African-Americans or blacks, right? That's why you praised his message. Is that how you refers to African-Americans/blacks yourself too?

His messages on abortion are just his seeing it as excuse to post every hate against women he can think, just as he finds everything he sees as excuse to post the most recognized foul racist slur of them all. It's not about abortion if you watch all his messages. It is about rabid hatred and slurs against women, like his rabid hatred slurs against African-Americans. Same thing. To try to define some superiority of him by birth rather than having to earn self worth.

Obviously you and I interpreted his message very differently. But do you always congratulate his racist slur messages? Or just this one?

Last edited:

That slur is commonly used by you - more than anyone else on the forum. And as you stated, who commonly uses it is racists. Who commonly uses it on the forum is you. No word has more of a recognized "hateful and evil connotation" about African-Americans than your incessantly and commonly used by you favorite word for people of such racial identity. Your message, the logic of it, is a total self condemnation. But it appears to be more, that you incessantly boast of being racist and think you do so very cleverly.

I'm pro-choice, and I had never encountered the acronym "ZEF" until I started reading threads on DP. I started to use it myself because I got really tired of typing "zygote, morula, blastocyst, embryo, or fetus" over and over. Technically, it's not very correct, because it does not include the M of morula and B of blastocyst.

I do not understand how it dehumanizes the "zygote, morula, blastocyst, embryo, or fetus." Technically, we "dehumanize" it by not preceding it with the adjective "human" every time. But that's just one more word to type. And since none of the anti-abortion people on these threads has held a brief against farmers having vets perform abortions on their farm animals for any reason, we all understand that we are only talking about the human "zygote, morula, blastocyst, embryo, or fetus" unless otherwise indicated.

The people against human abortion may think the ZEF acronym is dehumanizing, but they also seem to think the use of "zygote, morula, blastocyst, embryo, or fetus" is dehumanizing because they want us all to say it is an unborn child, an unborn human being, or at least an unborn human. But I really can't say what they want because I do not think it is a child or a human being or an unborn human. It is a "zygote, morula, blastocyst, embryo, or fetus" to me.

It isn't a living human being. It's a human zygote, morula, blastocyst, embryo, or fetus.

In a petri dish, a zygote, morula, or blastocyst has its own life, but it dies by 8-10 days if not given an oxygen-rich supernutrient invented by scientists, and even with the supernutrient, we know it would die in 16-20 days.

Prior to viability, an embryo or fetus doesn't have the capacity to become a living human being if it is "born" by induced labor or caesarian section. It dies if the woman dies, even if it is immediately removed, because it only exhibits life as part of the woman's body, which comes from the woman's body.

That isn't a living human being. No one has to say "ZEF" to tell the objective truth that offends you.

Last edited:
It isn't a living human being. It's a human zygote, morula, blastocyst, embryo, or fetus. Prior to viability, an embryo or fetus doesn't have the capacity to become a living human being even if it is "born" by induced labor or caesarian section. It dies if the woman dies, even if it is immediately removed, because the only life it exhibits is life as part of the woman's body, which comes from the woman's body.

Exactly, it's easier for you to rationalize your beliefs when you dehumanize the victim.

But you absolute agree the racist slur against African-Americans in his message you congratulate - a racist slur he uses incessantly on the forum, isnt' degrading at all against African-Americans or blacks, right? That's why you praised his message. Is that how you refers to African-Americans/blacks yourself too?

His messages on abortion are just his seeing it as excuse to post every hate against women he can think, just as he finds everything he sees as excuse to post the most recognized foul racist slur of them all. It's not about abortion if you watch all his messages. It is about rabid hatred and slurs against women, like his rabid hatred slurs against African-Americans. Same thing. To try to define some superiority of him by birth rather than having to earn self worth.

Obviously you and I interpreted his message very differently. But do you always congratulate his racist slur messages? Or just this one?

Only joko would turn an abortion discussion into racial accusations. Especially considering neither I nor the OP even mentioned race.

I'm starting to expect this low quality trolling from you.

Spare me the "I am not guilty of ''dehumanizing'' them nonsense. You are, and you do. According to you they are much worse than a tapeworm.

Yeah there actions arguably are but there is a different in calling them actual tapeworms and acting like something else

Because it doesn't cater to their desire to manipulate people by portraying embryos as full-grown people sobbing in the womb. Pretty much as simple as that.

The reason so many people on either side use "ZEF" is because abortion pertains to multiple developmental stages of pregnancy, not just one. So just using "fetus" is not accurate. Just using "embryo" is not accurate. And there is no word that includes all developmental stages, so... ZEF it is.

Do they consider "fetus" and "embryo" to be "hateful," I wonder?

ZEF, tapeworm, parasite and cancer are all reasonable and acceptable. Terms like preborn, unborn, and baby mean you hate women.

ZEF, tapeworm, parasite and cancer are all reasonable and acceptable. Terms like preborn, unborn, and baby mean you hate women.

Don't forget "growth". Though I guess that falls under cancer. Still, it's pretty outrageous.

Don't forget "growth". Though I guess that falls under cancer. Still, it's pretty outrageous.

You're right. I forgot growth and tumor. Oh and felon (seriously, I've actually seen an argument that developing babies are committing felony assault).

You're right. I forgot growth and tumor. Oh and felon (seriously, I've actually seen an argument that developing babies are committing felony assault).

That reminds me of someone around here calling it a rapist.

Back
Top Bottom