• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Do Poltergeists Slam Doors And Cabinets And Knock Things Off Shelves?

rhinefire

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
It makes no sense to see the hundreds of videos of doors opening and closing and glasses being pushed off countertops. Either the "ghosts" are spoiled brats or asshole in-laws. I know this looks like I am making a joke but I'm not.

It makes no sense to see the hundreds of videos of doors opening and closing and glasses being pushed off countertops. Either the "ghosts" are spoiled brats or asshole in-laws. I know this looks like I am making a joke but I'm not.
They don't, because ¨poltergeists don't exist.

Its all about what is easy for the screen and movie production.

To be fair to Rinefire, I need to say that my mind is open (and probably empty) and I'm willing to look at all the evidence, even though my "default" position is that I don't believe in those things.

Besides, everybody knows that the Lizard People ate all the poltergeists last Thanksgiving.

(I'm just teasing, Rinefire. :) )

I know. It would be nice if we had Poltergeists who did something useful once in a while- like wash the dishes and put them away once in a while.

I know. It would be nice if we had Poltergeists who did something useful once in a while- like wash the dishes and put them away once in a while.
For realz. Sounds lie my ex-wife

To be fair to Rinefire, I need to say that my mind is open (and probably empty) and I'm willing to look at all the evidence, even though my "default" position is that I don't believe in those things.

Besides, everybody knows that the Lizard People ate all the poltergeists last Thanksgiving.

(I'm just teasing, Rinefire. :) )
But then what happened to all these lizard people?

Perhaps an upgrade from fantasy cartoon scooby doo movies to something a little more in the adult range of really scary psychotic kill in the most gruesome ways possible type ghost movies.

They all have anger issues. If you were dead, you'd probably be slamming doors and throwing things as well..

One time I would like to see a person say to these spirits "If you can open and close doors etc. take the pencil lying on this table and write something, anything."
What does scare me is the possibility that after death we are stuck for eternity in an apartment or a basement!!!:eek:

Some are violent. Others just want attention and since we humans can't see them, manipulating objects is their only recourse.

They're the ghosts of internet trolls.

One time I would like to see a person say to these spirits "If you can open and close doors etc. take the pencil lying on this table and write something, anything."
What does scare me is the possibility that after death we are stuck for eternity in an apartment or a basement!!!:eek:
Whatever happens after the switch gets turned off is out of your control. Worry about shit that you can affect, don’t waste time.

Some are violent. Others just want attention and since we humans can't see them, manipulating objects is their only recourse.
they also speak as the people investigating have the technology to hear them.

Because they are bored. If you were a restless spirit you would be incredibly bored too.

There might be just a few of those types that engage in that sort of slamming doors and stuff. Frankly, I would worry more about the ones that don't show themselves. They are more cunning and if wishing to do harm would be better at it.

As for the workings of the brain and odd things that can happen, I had a horrible experience once that - - - well, horrible. I had a super bad dream and at breakfast I told my wife what I had dreamed and then sort of forgot about it. The next day the news had a piece of how that young fella was killed exactly as I had dreamed it. And we sliced and diced the whole series of events, from the timing of the dream, to the timing of the news, and just could not come up with any possible way I saw the news before the dream. The event itself happened long after that breakfast the day before.

That, folks, is one horrible experience to go through. And I haven't got a clue how it happened and did not go to any professional to ask questions. Just felt bad about it until maybe the coming weekend and the team sports for the weekend which was frequently in my schedules. The horrible feeling it can create does sort of fizzle away.

But as it actually happened informs me to be very careful about dismissing ideas that maybe our brain is capable of things we don't know about, yet.

But back to the topic, it is the quiet poltergeist that would be more of a concern than that noisy one.

By the way, doesn't the Catholic Church have some sort of carefully documented case of some youngster actually being in trouble with some sort of bad spirit thing? The key being "carefully documented". Seems I remember something like that. And probably it was turned into a drama by some media/entertainment entity. Still, it could be interesting to get a Catholic official in here to post in this thread.

Oh no, I just realized where a poltergeist could hide right under my nose - - - in one of my computers. That could explain a number of issues.

Oh no, I just realized where a poltergeist could hide right under my nose - - - in one of my computers. That could explain a number of issues.
There have always been ghosts in the machine. Random segments of code... - movie I,Robot

Those are called elves and brownies, but they can be capricious. ;)

My cat also knocks objects off counter tops. Yes he is a jerk.

Most likely, yes

Is that all you have to say about poltergeists, good Sir:)? It sounds German. Maybe there are some original poltergeist tales in Germany that havent made it to Hollywood yet?

Back
Top Bottom