• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why do Police Officers Always Wear Sunglasses?

Why do Police Officers Always Wear Sunglasses?

• Total voters
1) To look intimidating.
2) So women can't see where there eyes are going.
3) To protect their eyes if they drive a motorcycle.
4) It looks cool (or so they think).

It's an intimidation tactic.

Or.. it's because it's sunny outside and the glare gives them a migraine.

I figured it's because they're all hung over.

harder to identify them if they beat the snot out of you and you file a 42 USC 1983 lawsuit against them

A few reasons: to look intimidating, to protect their eyes, to see better during the day, and to keep people from telling exactly where they are looking (looking at women is expected from men).

They are fed data from a satellite link to their glasses so they always know where there's cheap doughnuts.

Sun glasses are worn to hide the eyes. It's more intimidating to get the blank stare, it conveys less information to the viewer, and it helps them get laid.

"Woman cant tell they are getting looked up and down"
this is why i wear sunglasses.

Sunglasses are worn for professional reasons.

Police Officers - They protect the eyes from the sun's glare. There is a lot of glare that comes off of mirrors and windshields. Spending the entire day defending from the sun with just a visor and a raised hand is impractical. Cain's a cop.

Military - Aside from the sun and glare, they (specific ones that can replace goggles) protect from flash burns during RPG or IED attacks.

The fact that it is looks cool is after the fact.

I can't recall ever seeing a British policeman wearing sunglasses on duty.

Oops! Except for a London Drug Squad officer in civvies.

Last edited:
171381662csi-miami-horatio-caine-sunglasses.jpg

Really?

A few reasons: to look intimidating, to protect their eyes, to see better during the day, and to keep people from telling exactly where they are looking (looking at women is expected from men).

Pretty much, yeah.

There is an instinctive human desire to make eye contact with someone. When you deny them this, it tends to give you a psychological edge in any confrontation. It also makes it a bit harder for someone to determine when you are distracted or looking elsewhere, if they are seeking an opportunity to make a move.

I never wore sunglasses. I was much more intimidating without them. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom