• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Do People Reject Christ?

The Bible is more or less hearsay and far from being undisputable. Believing in the Bible requires an act of faith. Why does God require us to put our trust in something that can't be proven? What purpose does that serve?
That we trust Him and understand that He knows what is best for us, unlike Adam and Eve...

Because it's a bunch of fairy tales superimposed on history. Back then legend and fact were easily mixed: the Trojan war lasted decades, and Gilgamesh lived to be thousands of years old. God smote cities for being too ghey and burning bushes offered sage advice; a wandering healer brought the dead to life.

The trouble is when people still believe this nonsense.

That we trust Him and understand that He knows what is best for us, unlike Adam and Eve...
You asked why people reject Christ. I can only speak for myself. I was not given the gift of blind faith. If there is a God he must not want me to believe in him.

You asked why people reject Christ. I can only speak for myself. I was not given the gift of blind faith. If there is a God he must not want me to believe in him.
Where does the Bible say that faith is blind? Faith takes work/time to build/strengthen/grow, to maintain strong faith it requires putting up a hard fight for it, it's certainly not something you wake up with one day...God forces no one, He wants you to come to Him...

Where does the Bible say that faith is blind?
Here 👇 --- Clearly best to keep attending those Bible study classes. These verses are 'very' clear.

Blind Faith​

Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

and here👇

John 20:29

Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

and here👇

2 Corinthians 4:18

As we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

It sounds like the Holy Spirit made a couple of stops.

Luke 1:35-38

35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called[a] the Son of God.

36 Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be unable to conceive is in her sixth month.

37 For no word from God will ever fail.”

38 “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her

Nah, she cheated.
This is yet another opportunity for improvement in Christianity 2.0 - I propose that the Holy Spirit is actually a character like Darth Plagueis, able to remotely induce some mystery particle to create life. He created Jesus in this manner, but was killed by Darth Satan, who proceeded to influence Jesus in a bid to make him his new apprentice.

This is yet another opportunity for improvement in Christianity 2.0 - I propose that the Holy Spirit is actually a character like Darth Plagueis, able to remotely induce some mystery particle to create life. He created Jesus in this manner, but was killed by Darth Satan, who proceeded to influence Jesus in a bid to make him his new apprentice.
Nice reference. (y)

He wants you to come to Him...
Then he’s either very lazy, or just not very good at it is he?

Even his Angels rebelled against him, and they had direct and personal contact with him.

For everyone alive today, there’s far more evidence of the existence of extraterrestrial life forms than there is of a “god”.

Where does the Bible say that faith is blind? Faith takes work/time to build/strengthen/grow, to maintain strong faith it requires putting up a hard fight for it, it's certainly not something you wake up with one day...God forces no one, He wants you to come to Him...
What is the purpose of requiring faith for salvation?

What Solomon said is so true..."there is nothing new under the sun"...Satan's tactics he used hundreds of years still work today...

https://biblelovenotes.blogspot.com/2016/03/mans-greatest-temptation.html
Just the fact your ilk writes articles like that and you all obsess with judging us proves you don't actually live by any of it.

Some of us care about others with no mile long list of self-righteous judgment and rejection.

We want nothing do with the hatred, bigotry and rampant abuse, chaos and destruction.

The bs lies and pretty words one day a week isn't enough to overlook the fact you all are the cause of 99% of the pain in this world.

As your God's advertisement, claim to be made in his image, he has to be the most evil monster in the universe.

No thanks.

What is the purpose of requiring faith for salvation?
We must be convinced/determined to obey God under any circumstances, otherwise there is the chance of following in the same pattern of Adam and Eve...disobedience...that only comes through strong faith in believing His way is the right way...always...

We must be convinced/determined to obey God under any circumstances, otherwise there is the chance of following in the same pattern of Adam and Eve...disobedience...that only comes through strong faith in believing His way is the right way...always...

I am a Christian, and I don't believe any of the crap that you are spouting. The Jesus I follow is the one who is tolerant, loving, and an advocate for the poor.

I am a Christian, and I don't believe any of the crap that you are spouting. The Jesus I follow is the one who is tolerant, loving, and an advocate for the poor.
Yeah, Revelation 3:16 speaks of that type...

"So because you are lukewarm and neither hot nor cold, I am going to vomit you out of my mouth."

9c002d6b01d59b1cb62f1edd9370b121.jpg

Daisy said:
Yeah, if it convinces me, that is good enough for me...

Yeah, Revelation 3:16 speaks of that type...

"So because you are lukewarm and neither hot nor cold, I am going to vomit you out of my mouth."

And all of the meanness and nastiness spews out of you and onto everyone else. Not very Christian.

My Jesus is love, tolerance, and an advocate for the poor.

Truthfully, your religion (I wouldn't call it Christian) is the reason people are running from the churches.

And all of the meanness and nastiness spews out of you and onto everyone else. Not very Christian.

My Jesus is love, tolerance, and an advocate for the poor.

Truthfully, your religion (I wouldn't call it Christian) are the reason people are running from the churches.
And yours is why...well...

bf711bfd355e1a67dc16b5c91c7b760b.jpg

And yours is why...well...

bf711bfd355e1a67dc16b5c91c7b760b.jpg

And I have lived a good, honest life. Helped anyone who asked. I wasn't filled with hate for people less fortunate. I think that isn't too bad.

To me, being a Christian means that I don't judge people, believe they have the right of free will, and feel Joy in my faith. You only see the bad in people; I see the good.

Your religion is in a sour, dark place; mine is in the Light.

And I have lived a good, honest life. Helped anyone who asked. I wasn't filled with hate for people less fortunate. I think that isn't too bad.

Too me, being a Christian means that I don't judge people, believe they have right of free will, and feel Joy in my faith. You only see the bad in people; I see the good.

Your religion is in a sour, dark place; mine is in the Light.
bd26b6c09797cdf42ac4ea145528a465.jpg

Religion​

Churchill was an Anglican Christian, but expressed an agnostic worldview. At the very least, he saw religion as counter to reason. At the most, he thought it a largely useless institution.

In the 1890s, Churchill said that humanity would evolve to the point where “Christianity will be put aside as a crutch which is no longer needed and man will stand erect on the firm legs of reason”. He added that “I expect annihilation at death. I am a materialist – to the tips of my fingers”. In old age, he told his doctor Lord Moran that he “did not believe in another world; only in ‘black velvet’ – eternal sleep”. His last Private Secretary, Anthony Montague Brown, described him as “an optimistic agnostic”.

Back
Top Bottom