• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Do People Reject Christ?

Fortunately, today we have the wisdom of government which, unlike Christianity, has NEVER had blood on its' hands, immorality, corruption or idiots.
This dusty old canard again?

We can improve government. Change it.

We can't delete the primitive, immoral garbage in Christianity.

There are tons of facts in Christianity, but because you refuse to be a Christian no matter what, I will not waste my time telling you what they are.
Please : start a new thread, and be sure to pack the OP with “tons of facts” so that others might be enlightened by your wisdom.

To date, not one person here has been able to provide actual “facts”.

If you’re the first, you’ll be famous.

There are tons of facts in Christianity, but because you refuse to be a Christian no matter what, I will not waste my time telling you what they are.
Hahahah

Nobody believes you.

Fortunately, today we have the wisdom of government which has NEVER had immorality, corruption or idiots.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Federal prosecutors have a recording of former President Trump discussing a classified Pentagon document he kept after leaving office, multiple outlets report. In the 2021 recording, which the NewsHour has not independently verified, Trump says the document details a potential attack on Iran. Laura Barrón-López discussed the DOJ's investigation into the former president with Oona Hathaway.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This dusty old canard again?

We can improve government. Change it.

We can't delete the primitive, immoral garbage in Christianity.
Actually.... we could!

I bet we could put together a Christianity 2.0 that's way better than the original.

First, we'd pull out all the garbage that's incongruous with reality... the flood stuff, the planet being 6,000 years old, etc. Just rip all that stuff out.

Then, we'd buff up some of the characters, starting with Jesus. Turning water into wine? Boring. Let's give him command of lighting like Zeus, and obviously flight. He should also have a trusty sidekick (I'm thinking an armored wolf with glowing eyes that can make itself invisible) and a divine weapon, perhaps a mace from the heavens. We're making Jesus swole. He's going to be ripped in our updated religion.

Now, the bad guys. Satan needs a lot more back-story, especially in relation to Jesus. I want a Batman/Joker vibe here... dark and gritty with lots of moral gray. Satan's origin story should be fully fleshed out, and I'm thinking that in the Christianity 2.0 Cinematic Universe, we're going to see Satan and Jesus team up like frenemies to take on an even badder villain. (Anybody have thoughts on this?). Also, Satan and Jesus should both have a posse with fleshed out identities, and Bible 2.0 will include many side tales where members of the posses face off 1:1 at various times, Mortal Kombat-style.

We're not done yet. We need a lot more international appeal, so we're going to mix it up with other world religions. I'm taking cross-overs. I'm talking guest stars. I'm talking Buddha flying in and teaming up with Jesus to fight alien invaders, after which they share some beers then part with a friendly fist bump.

Finally, we need to modernize the whole shebang. Emergent AI? A recurring character in Christianity 2.0. Climate change? We're tackling that as well. Quantum physics gets baked into the very structure of the updated religion. No more yawn about frankincense and shepherds and stables. We're ripping that crap out and putting in 6th gen stealth aircraft and nano robotics.

I believe it is possible to create a newer, better Christianity. One with wide appeal to modern sensibilities. A religion that people like @Daisy can be proud of. One that gives Jesus the story he really deserves.

Who's with me?!

There are tons of facts in Christianity,
What facts in Christianity prove the the existence of god?
but because you refuse to be a Christian no matter what,
Who said that? If Jesus came to me and was like, hey, I'm Jesus, I'm the son of God, Christianity is the true religion, and here's proof, I'd become a Christian again and no longer fear death.
I will not waste my time telling you what they are.
Do you lack faith in the persuasiveness of your supposed facts?

Actually.... we could!

I bet we could put together a Christianity 2.0 that's way better than the original.

First, we'd pull out all the garbage that's incongruous with reality... the flood stuff, the planet being 6,000 years old, etc. Just rip all that stuff out.

Then, we'd buff up some of the characters, starting with Jesus. Turning water into wine? Boring. Let's give him command of lighting like Zeus, and obviously flight. He should also have a trusty sidekick (I'm thinking an armored wolf with glowing eyes that can make itself invisible) and a divine weapon, perhaps a mace from the heavens. We're making Jesus swole. He's going to be ripped in our updated religion.

Now, the bad guys. Satan needs a lot more back-story, especially in relation to Jesus. I want a Batman/Joker vibe here... dark and gritty with lots of moral gray. Satan's origin story should be fully fleshed out, and I'm thinking that in the Christianity 2.0 Cinematic Universe, we're going to see Satan and Jesus team up like frenemies to take on an even badder villain. (Anybody have thoughts on this?). Also, Satan and Jesus should both have a posse with fleshed out identities, and Bible 2.0 will include many side tales where members of the posses face off 1:1 at various times, Mortal Kombat-style.

We're not done yet. We need a lot more international appeal, so we're going to mix it up with other world religions. I'm taking cross-overs. I'm talking guest stars. I'm talking Buddha flying in and teaming up with Jesus to fight alien invaders, after which they share some beers then part with a friendly fist bump.

Finally, we need to modernize the whole shebang. Emergent AI? A recurring character in Christianity 2.0. Climate change? We're tackling that as well. Quantum physics gets baked into the very structure of the updated religion. No more yawn about frankincense and shepherds and stables. We're ripping that crap out and putting in 6th gen stealth aircraft and nano robotics.

I believe it is possible to create a newer, better Christianity. One with wide appeal to modern sensibilities. A religion that people like @Daisy can be proud of. One that gives Jesus the story he really deserves.

Who's with me?!
Not one Christian....

Not one Christian....
That's fine, we just need to indoctrinate their children, who will adore my next generation Christianity far more than their parents' old and stodgy Jesus Classic. We can saturate television and the internet, and get operatives into churches to quietly spread the word about Christianity 2.0. Anoint MrBeast as the Pope for the updated religion and the old one will be as good as dead.

That's fine, we just need to indoctrinate their children, who will adore my next generation Christianity far more than their parents' old and stodgy Jesus Classic. We can saturate television and the internet, and get operatives into churches to quietly spread the word about Christianity 2.0. Anoint MrBeast as the Pope for the updated religion and the old one will be as good as dead.
You're doing too much work.

Just add a page at the beginning that says:

"This is pure fiction written by primitive, terrified, superstitious, bronze age humans who literally believed that disease was caused by demons and that women were property."

Or there are better translations than old, worn out KJV.

"If two men, a man and his countryman, are struggling together, and the wife of one comes near to deliver her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes his genitals, then you shall cut off her hand; you shall not show pity." (Deuteronomy 25:11-12)

“When she carried on her whoring so openly and flaunted her nakedness, I turned in disgust from her, as I had turned in disgust from her sister. Yet she increased her whoring, remembering the days of her youth, when she played the whore in the land of Egypt and lusted after her lovers there, whose members were like those of donkeys, and whose issue was like that of horses. Thus you longed for the lewdness of your youth, when the Egyptians handled your bosom and pressed your young breasts.” (Ezekiel 23:18-21)

“Our father is old, and there is no man around here to give us children — as is the custom all over the earth. Let’s get our father to drink wine and then sleep with him and preserve our family line through our father.” (Genesis 19:30)

“So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went in and slept with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up. So both of Lot’s daughters became pregnant by their father.” (Genesis 19:35)

2 Kings 6:28-29

New International Version

28 Then he asked her, “What’s the matter?”

She answered, “This woman said to me, ‘Give up your son so we may eat him today, and tomorrow we’ll eat my son.’

29 So we cooked my son and ate him. The next day I said to her, ‘Give up your son so we may eat him,’ but she had hidden him.”

Last edited:
Because his dribble is weak and he can't jump for shit. Plus, he's what? Maybe 5'6"? C'mon... gimme a break. You're gonna come into my House, you better bring skills.

You're doing too much work.

Just add a page at the beginning that says:

"This is pure fiction written by primitive, terrified, superstitious, bronze age humans who literally believed that disease was caused by demons and that women were property."
Sure, we could do that, but think about how much more money we could make by rebuilding the whole thing!

Yes, it'll take a few weeks to fix all of the broken bits, but don't tell me you'd turn down a percentage of all that wealth transfer between adherents and their centers of worship?

I was thinking about Noah's Ark and I think we should keep it (it's sexy and exciting) but use Star Trek style transporters to store all the humans and animals as patterns in a computer buffer. The two-of-each has to be bumped up a LOT (I'm thinking like 200x of each animal and maybe 1,000 humans) in order to maintain genomic diversity, allow for gender fluidity and avoid that uncomfortable bit about Noah's children being forced into incest.

Sure, we could do that, but think about how much more money we could make by rebuilding the whole thing!

Yes, it'll take a few weeks to fix all of the broken bits, but don't tell me you'd turn down a percentage of all that wealth transfer between adherents and their centers of worship?

I was thinking about Noah's Ark and I think we should keep it (it's sexy and exciting) but use Star Trek style transporters to store all the humans and animals as patterns in a computer buffer. The two-of-each has to be bumped up a LOT (I'm thinking like 200x of each animal and maybe 1,000 humans) in order to maintain genomic diversity, allow for gender fluidity and avoid that uncomfortable bit about Noah's children being forced into incest.
Presenting "Noah's Ark" 2.0:

th

Last edited:
Yes...that's exactly what it means...you haven't taken the time to do the research...
There isn’t “research” to do on the self-evidently worthless, senselessly violent, incoherent, or meaningless Bible verses. It’s sad to read or listen to people try so desperately to pump sense into irrelevant word salad. Those verses, to name a few, are worthless tripe.

Actually.... we could!

Who's with me?!

Oooh. ME ME ME.

We need the SuperHero Jesus.

BTW, We need to bring back Tom Ellis as Lucifer.

There isn’t “research” to do on the self-evidently worthless, senselessly violent, incoherent, or meaningless Bible verses. It’s sad to read or listen to people try so desperately to pump sense into irrelevant word salad. Those verses, to name a few, are worthless tripe.
That's a more apt description of your posts...

Fortunately, today we have the wisdom of government which, unlike Christianity, has NEVER had blood on its' hands,
Of course governments, the vast majority of them, have blood on their hands.

Did you have a point?
Perhaps, just maybe, the Word of God is less about making the world perfect for ourselves and more about how each of us can do better to honor and respect all that we have been given.
.Christians are the worst at that.

Athiests do that way better.

If there is a God and s/he wants us to believe they exist, why doesn't s/he ever provide people with undisputable proof?

What is the purpose in requiring people to give him/her their blind faith?
Good point

That's a more apt description of your posts...
I don’t have anything against you personally, just so you know. You’re doing a pretty good job accurately representing how Christians think, and I commend your perseverance subjecting yourself to my criticisms of it.

Good point
Good point
It's one of several things that I have a difficult time getting around. It drives my very Chatholic family nuts that I am an atheist. They honestly think think they are going to heaven and I am not. I tell them that if God does exist and faith is a gift, God didn't give me that gift.

I have had long discussions on the matter even with the family priest. I told him I can lie and pretend to believe in something that I do not but I can not make myself believe in something. It's not my fault that religion has failed to convince me. It's not something I control.

I don’t have anything against you personally, just so you know. You’re doing a pretty good job accurately representing how Christians think, and I commend your perseverance subjecting yourself to my criticisms of it.
lol...I'm used to it...

If there is a God and s/he wants us to believe they exist, why doesn't s/he ever provide people with undisputable proof?

What is the purpose in requiring people to give him/her their blind faith?
Well, according to the Bible, He did many times...there were those who followed/obeyed even when they did not understand fully, like Abraham and Job and there were those who turned against Him, no matter what He did, they turned away from Jehovah, like Satan, Adam and Eve, king Jehoiakim and Zedekiah...

Well, according to the Bible, He did many times...there were those who followed/obeyed even when they did not understand fully, like Abraham and Job and there were those who turned against Him, no matter what He did, they turned away from Jehovah, like Satan, Adam and Eve, king Jehoiakim and Zedekiah...
You've posted that you also previously "turned away." You just traded one denomination/sect of Christianity for another denomination of Christianity. Now, you, and your fellow Jehovah Witnesses sit upon your self-imposed Ivory Towers, pass judgement upon other Christians and other non-Christian theists, and declare your former Christian denomination's members, as well as every other Christian member of a non Jehovah Witness denomination to be "Apostates", per Jehovah Witness religious dogma/teachings.

The Bible is more or less hearsay and far from being undisputable. Believing in the Bible requires an act of faith. Why does God require us to put our trust in something that can't be proven? What purpose does that serve?

Back
Top Bottom