• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why do people in Montana and Wyoming feel the need for a wall when...

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Why do people in Montana and Wyoming feel the need for a wall when the folks of arizona and texas don't feel like a wall is needed?

Why do people in Montana and Wyoming feel the need for a wall when the folks of arizona and texas don't feel like a wall is needed?

Because individual's opinions vary on this, as well as most, federal policy positions. What is your theory on this matter?

Because individual's opinions vary on this, as well as most, federal policy positions. What is your theory on this matter?

They're so far removed from the Mexican border that it is not a decision affecting them locally, so they adopt the political position of the State's majority. Also, if lots of money gets used up on a Mexican Wall also, there won't be any monies left to put a wall between them and our goombahs in Canada.
/

because they are complete idiots, and they live sheltered lives surrounded by mostly only other white, conservatives christians. Those people are away from all the things they hate (that they never even meet) yet they are the biggest ******s

It's an easy answer to a complex problem. People love that kind of thing regardless of if it works or not.

The wall is a very partisan issue. Where someone is from is irrelevant when it comes to strictly partisans issues. 84% of Democrats oppose the wall, 83% of Republicans are for the wall. Question 5.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/183c0vbnai/econTabReport.pdf

Whether or not one is for or against is determined by the R or D next to their name. Those members of both parties are only following the leaders of their party like mindless robots. Now take a look at independents, the non-affiliated who don't identify with either major party. 39% for, 40% against. There's a huge difference if one isn't a Republican or Democrat. The wall is a battle between pro-Trumpers and anti-Trumpers. Most of those in this latter category haven't given the pluses or minuses of a wall a thought. They're either for the wall because that is what Trump wants or against the wall because that is what Trump wants.

Nothing can be seen clearer if one isn't wearing deep colored red or blue tinted glasses. Sheep following their leaders be their leaders Pelosi or Schumer or Trump.

Why do people in Florida feel the need to discuss things happening in the west? :mrgreen:

You should provide a source for statement.. I live in Arizona. Some support the wall (increased border security), some believe the level of security is ok. What I have seen is the divide is more down political lines.

Most people understand "wall" means increased security. Some places a physical barrier would work. Some places other methods need to be utilize.

Because this debate has become absurd, to the point that odds are we will see government shutdown twice over it.

That the people in the border states have a better idea of what they need than for those in montana and wyoming telling them what they need.

They're so far removed from the Mexican border that it is not a decision affecting them locally, so they adopt the political position of the State's majority. Also, if lots of money gets used up on a Mexican Wall also, there won't be any monies left to put a wall between them and our goombahs in Canada.
/

That (bolded above) is a fairly lame argument. NY is farther from the border US/Mexican border yet has quite a few illegal immigrants that managed to cross it.

The wall is a very partisan issue. Where someone is from is irrelevant when it comes to strictly partisans issues. 84% of Democrats oppose the wall, 83% of Republicans are for the wall. Question 5.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/183c0vbnai/econTabReport.pdf

Whether or not one is for or against is determined by the R or D next to their name. Those members of both parties are only following the leaders of their party like mindless robots. Now take a look at independents, the non-affiliated who don't identify with either major party. 39% for, 40% against. There's a huge difference if one isn't a Republican or Democrat. The wall is a battle between pro-Trumpers and anti-Trumpers. Most of those in this latter category haven't given the pluses or minuses of a wall a thought. They're either for the wall because that is what Trump wants or against the wall because that is what Trump wants.

Nothing can be seen clearer if one isn't wearing deep colored red or blue tinted glasses. Sheep following their leaders be their leaders Pelosi or Schumer or Trump.

I'm anti-trump and I've given thoughts to the pluses and minuses. Ladders, tunnels. So call me crazy for being against a solid wall. And when I say anti-trump, I think he's a clown I watch politics as entertainment. I'm old enough almost nothing the government does will affect me.

because they are complete idiots, and they live sheltered lives surrounded by mostly only other white, conservatives christians. Those people are away from all the things they hate (that they never even meet) yet they are the biggest ******s

Another hate laced post? And it's only Monday... :peace

Why do people in Florida feel the need to discuss things happening in the west? :mrgreen:

You should provide a source for statement.. I live in Arizona. Some support the wall (increased border security), some believe the level of security is ok. What I have seen is the divide is more down political lines.

Most people understand "wall" means increased security. Some places a physical barrier would work. Some places other methods need to be utilize.

I am for border security. I have nothing against a physical barrier where needed, we just don't need two thousand miles of a wall. We should use an approach which combines all types of deterrents.

Because this debate has become absurd, to the point that odds are we will see government shutdown twice over it.

I doubt it, mitch knows the damage the prez did with his first shutdown. I sincerely doubt he will let it happen again if he has any say. If not and trump does shutdown the government again and the public perceives the R's being at fault, the GOP can kiss 2020 goodbye.

That the people in the border states have a better idea of what they need than for those in montana and wyoming telling them what they need.

Nope, those actually responsible for securing the border have the "better idea" of what would help them do their jobs. The fact that I live in Texas (about 220 miles from the Mexican border) does not make me an expert on border security - unlike Sarah Palin, I don't claim to be able to see Mexico from my house.

I'm anti-trump and I've given thoughts to the pluses and minuses. Ladders, tunnels. So call me crazy for being against a solid wall. And when I say anti-trump, I think he's a clown I watch politics as entertainment. I'm old enough almost nothing the government does will affect me.

I should have said in general or most. I know some on each side do think. But most just follow their leaders. you could have asked the question in a different way, why are people in New York against the wall? I don't care one way or the other. But it is interesting to see how passionate others are about it. The wall doesn't effect me in Georgia, I could care less. Others in Georgia depending on whether they are a D or an R, feel very passionate about the wall which in no way effects them either.

Last edited:
/

Their tax dollars are spent on illegal immigrants to the tune of $100,000,000,000 a year. That's gives them a say in the matter, as much as anyone else.

I should have said in general or most. I know some on each side do think. But most just follow their leaders. you could have asked the question in a different way, why are people in New York against the wall? I don't care one way or the other. But it is interesting to see how passionate others are about it. The wall doesn't effect me in Georgia, I could care less. Others in Georgia depending on whether they are a D or an R, feel very passionate about the wall which in no way effects them either.

Why would I ask new yorkers why they are against a wall if I'm against a wall? I consider myself a bit of a political junkie. I'm retired so have plenty of time to do as I wish. I don't need anyone telling me how to vote but after watching W and his fiasco of a presidency I decided to turn in my independent card and register as a democrat just so I could vote for Bernie in my state's primary since it's a closed one. Trump is taking this nation into places it should't be and for those who can't see that, it's because they don't want to see it. How many presidents can you recall that speaks with the nastiness trump does? Nixon was a dirty player also but most of his stuff was said to his cronies and not on television or twitter.

Why would I ask new yorkers why they are against a wall if I'm against a wall? I consider myself a bit of a political junkie. I'm retired so have plenty of time to do as I wish. I don't need anyone telling me how to vote but after watching W and his fiasco of a presidency I decided to turn in my independent card and register as a democrat just so I could vote for Bernie in my state's primary since it's a closed one. Trump is taking this nation into places it should't be and for those who can't see that, it's because they don't want to see it. How many presidents can you recall that speaks with the nastiness trump does? Nixon was a dirty player also but most of his stuff was said to his cronies and not on television or twitter.

I think you missed my point. Asking why someone from Wyoming and Montana why they're for the wall since it doesn't effect them is the same as asking someone from New York why they're against the wall since it also doesn't effect them. The only ones a wall effects border Mexico. Accordingly, so why ask anyone how they feel about the wall, for or against if they aren't from California, Arizona, New Mexico or Texas. Those are the only states that a wall would effect.

I would never tell anyone how to vote. You don't like G.W. Bush and don't like Trump, that is fine with me. Georgia has open primaries, so I can pick and choose which one to vote in. That's either decided based on which party has the candidate running I really want to win or which party has the candidate I really want to lose.

You being from New York, it makes sense to register as a Democrat. Few Republicans will win there. We don't have party registration in Georgia, we just register to vote. Then it is pick and choose when it comes to primaries.

Maybe because the people in Montana and Wyoming are thinking about the long-term effects of allowing in millions of undocumented migrants.

Maybe because people in Arizona and Texas benefit in three ways: (1) Cheap labor for their businesses, (2) Customers for their stores, and (3) Reunification of family members living south of the border with members already living here.

:roll:

rSxGrEx.png

Because they support their rabble-rousing, nationalistic, flag waving president.

I am for border security. I have nothing against a physical barrier where needed, we just don't need two thousand miles of a wall. We should use an approach which combines all types of deterrents.

Has not the Trump and his Administration clarified what they meant by "wall"? Trump realizes there are places you cannot build a "wall" everywhere.

"Plans now call for a more modest, 722-mile barrier that is a mix of wall and fencing, mostly updating what’s been in place for decades, while relying on drones and other methods to secure the rest."
Everything We Know About Donald Trump'''s Proposed Border Wall | Fortune

"Throughout the president’s first term, his allies have tried to make clear that a “wall” is more or less a catch-all for a variety of border enforcement measures. Earlier this year, Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa said, “I hate to use the word ‘wall,’ because that implies you might want a steel wall for 2,000 miles.” Sen. James Lankford, R-Okla., said “people want to paint his definition, that it’s some 2,000-mile-long, 30-foot-high wall of concrete …That’s not what he means, and that’s not what he’s trying to say.” Even White House adviser Kellyanne Conway went on record saying that a wall isn’t really an all-the-way-across-the-border-wall, noting “the president discovered that part of it will be the physical wall, part of it is better technology, part of it is also fencing.” "
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/op-eds/it-depends-on-the-meaning-of-what-wall-is

People in Wyoming or Montana can be just as easily killed by an illegal as someone in Texas or Arizona.

Back
Top Bottom