• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why do people freak out re: human rights in ME but not care about it anywhere else?

Re: Why do people freak out re: human rights in ME but not care about it anywhere els

I don't think that is true either. They are clearly less supportive of Israel, but I think that is a good thing. I think we should be taking a more critical look at our relationship with Israel, who is not an ideal country, and does have a habit of overreacting or acting in ways not in our best interest. It is entirely possible to be critical of Israel's actions without being an anti-semite.
it is one thing to be overly Pro-Israeli
but the one has shunned Our only ally in the Middle East
Israel should not get a free pass, but the POTUS should not **** on our sole Middle east ally

Re: Why do people freak out re: human rights in ME but not care about it anywhere els

it is one thing to be overly Pro-Israeli
but the one has shunned Our only ally in the Middle East
Israel should not get a free pass, but the POTUS should not **** on our sole Middle east ally

I think that is an overstatement of events. It seemed like there has been a minor pissing contest between the two, which is now being moved past.

you can consider running a military blocade a 'minor pissing contest' but when one is at war, it seems prudent to make sure ones enemy is not being supplied arms.
but hey that is just a ****tard like me

you can consider running a military blocade a 'minor pissing contest' but when one is at war, it seems prudent to make sure ones enemy is not being supplied arms.
but hey that is just a ****tard like me

Not what I was referring to in terms of the pissing content. The WH reaction to the event was mostly neutral, as it should be in the absence of all the facts. They did however, in part, say the following:

However, Hamas’ interference with international assistance shipments and work of nongovernmental organizations, and its use and endorsement of violence, complicates efforts in Gaza. Mechanisms exist for the transfer of humanitarian assistance to Gaza by governments and groups that wish to do so. These mechanisms should be used for the benefit of all those in Gaza.

Not what I was referring to in terms of the pissing content. The WH reaction to the event was mostly neutral, as it should be in the absence of all the facts. They did however, in part, say the following:

the HNIC hates Israel regardless of his pubilc comments.

I think we should be taking a more critical look at our relationship with Israel, who is not an ideal country,

I'm fairly impressed with what I've seen of Israel. What (in your view) is not good about Israel as a country?

Back
Top Bottom