• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why do people do these things?

Glowpun

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I put out the recycle bin and the garbage bin. When I went back home for lunch I noticed that no one had taken anything out of the recycle bin, but noticed that the two plastic bags containing the garbage were missing. Someone had opened the bags because on the bottom of the bin were some rotten fruit and parts of an old fixture. Now, what would cause someone to do something like this?

I put out the recycle bin and the garbage bin. When I went back home for lunch I noticed that no one had taken anything out of the recycle bin, but noticed that the two plastic bags containing the garbage were missing. Someone had opened the bags because on the bottom of the bin were some rotten fruit and parts of an old fixture.
Now, what would cause someone to do something like this?

Good question.

If you could find that person, maybe he or she has a good answer.

I gave it a little thought and that's all that I came up with.

I put out the recycle bin and the garbage bin. When I went back home for lunch I noticed that no one had taken anything out of the recycle bin, but noticed that the two plastic bags containing the garbage were missing. Someone had opened the bags because on the bottom of the bin were some rotten fruit and parts of an old fixture. Now, what would cause someone to do something like this?

Maybe they were hungry or maybe they thought there might be something of value in there. It wasn't me. Honest.

Maybe they're investigating you. You can learn a lot about someone based on what they throw out.

Maybe they're identity thieves, looking for a good hook for yoinking your good name.

Thats kind of disturbing. Maybe you should put up a camera on garbage day and see if it happens again.

Don't have an answer, but maybe the guy who collects the garbage tried to take your garbage and one of the bags started to break and the rotten fruit and old fixture parts fell out before he could get it in the truck - maybe you should put less in each bag or double bag big loads.

Besides, don't they recycle "wet" goods in your area? We get all our old fruit, peels, veggie parts, wet napkins/paper towel, dog poop, etc. all collected separately and recycled for compost.

I'm going with the "somebody's investigating you" angle. I still think you are obsessed with aligning yourself with terminal, elderly patients, and to whatever end, I can only guess.

Don't have an answer, but maybe the guy who collects the garbage tried to take your garbage and one of the bags started to break and the rotten fruit and old fixture parts fell out before he could get it in the truck - maybe you should put less in each bag or double bag big loads.
That explanation makes the most sense.

Uh... where's your link to this "news"? :lol:

Glowpun, we have three different trucks pass by on trash day. One for recycled items, one for yard waste, and the other for trash. We have been experiencing an increase in trash pickers in my area. I'm sure it has to do with the economy. Our recycle bin is strictly for glass jars, aluminum cans, paper, and plastic. Occasionally the aluminum cans get raided because we have places where you can turn them in for cash. Whenever I put items that contain any types of metals like brass, copper etc. they are gone in a heartbeat. When I put things out that are still in working order, I'll put a sign on them stating so and they too disappear quickly. But if someone had taken my green trashbags designated for trash, I would be concerned. Do you have different trucks on trash day that specialize in trash pickup? If so it sounds like the trash pickup came before your lunch and maybe the bag broke leaving stuff behind and the recycled trash truck just hadn't made it there yet. If not, I sure hope you shred all personal information before disposing of it.

Glowpun, we have three different trucks pass by on trash day. One for recycled items, one for yard waste, and the other for trash. We have been experiencing an increase in trash pickers in my area. I'm sure it has to do with the economy. Our recycle bin is strictly for glass jars, aluminum cans, paper, and plastic. Occasionally the aluminum cans get raided because we have places where you can turn them in for cash. Whenever I put items that contain any types of metals like brass, copper etc. they are gone in a heartbeat. When I put things out that are still in working order, I'll put a sign on them stating so and they too disappear quickly. But if someone had taken my green trashbags designated for trash, I would be concerned. Do you have different trucks on trash day that specialize in trash pickup? If so it sounds like the trash pickup came before your lunch and maybe the bag broke leaving stuff behind and the recycled trash truck just hadn't made it there yet. If not, I sure hope you shred all personal information before disposing of it.

In my area there also are 3 different trucks that come by. What is really weird is that the recycle bin was NOT touched but the kitchen garbage was and removed before the truck came! The bags used are plastic so no way of anything leaking out! Anything from the banks, bills, etc. are shredded. Really weird too, shredded stuff were also taken!

I would be worried. I'm certain somebody is investigating you.

Back
Top Bottom