• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Do Muslims Think The Quran Came From The Abrahamic God?

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be killed. (Exodus 22:19)

“Everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13)“

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or your intimate friend,

entices you secretly to serve other gods

whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12)

Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshipping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death. (Deuteronomy 17:2-5

That's the retelling from the Old Testament.
Furthermore, those are the Mosaic Laws. They pertain only to Jews!

There. You see that underlined red? That's the condition for punishment.

Last edited:
Lol. Speaking of contradictions (a thread was created for Christianity)..........I'm seeing a lot of contradictions in the Quran.
Looks like we'll have to create another thread. ;)

Hadith 4:177

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say.

"O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."

That's the retelling from the Old Testament.
Furthermore, those are the Mosaic Laws. They pertain only to Jews!

There. You see that underlined red? That's the condition for punishment.

Do you argue with Jews that they should stone people to death and kill unbelievers? The Mosaic Laws were inspired by God, or do you deny the spirt of God which you claim you worship? Don’t like that Biblical verse, so it’s a different God or it doesn’t apply to you? It’s the God Abraham worshipped. If you think it’s the same God, there is no excuse for you acting like you worship a better god than the rest of us.

Lol. Speaking of contradictions (a thread was created for Christianity)..........I'm seeing a lot of contradictions in the Quran.

No, one thread covers it all: Muslim and Christianity and any other unsubstantiated crackpot belief system man can think up. As too does one sentence. Made up bull**** is made up bull****.

I am posting sections of the Bible to show you violence is in the Bible. You seem to be in denial. Yes, both books seem to have contradictions, but there is no room for a thoughtful conversation with you. I am not acting like a hateful supremacist towards your faith. I am only trying to open your eyes and hope you learn something. I do believe in the Islamic teaching of unto your religion, and unto mine. However, I believe you are acting out of hate and spite throughout this thread with all the accusations. You are being offensive. You’re not even tolerant to a fellow Christian.

Your behavior and attitude is very troubling and disrespectful. You come off like a religious zealot, not a person committed to the teachings of the prophet Jesus pbuh.

Islam is a religion not a science. The self anointed ones can say it comes from wherever they want it to come from. I'd check out that big black cube in Mecca.

It has all the laws we live by in an organised social society.... from farming, to sodomy, from envy to thou shall not kill...... I wonder who has the rights to overturn these laws we should live by?

It has all the laws we live by in an organised social society.... from farming, to sodomy, from envy to thou shall not kill...... I wonder who has the rights to overturn these laws we should live by?

One of Islam's laws is if you leave it they can kill you. It's called apostasy and it's real. They hang people in Iran and Saudi Arabia for it.

One of Islam's laws is if you leave it they can kill you. It's called apostasy and it's real. They hang people in Iran and Saudi Arabia for it.

No not it Iran since they rid themselves of the installed dictator, the Shah by American CIA murdering the elected prime minister, who also stoned the Iranians. And as for the Ashkenazi in Saudi Arabia, installed and kept in place by the American government, which is also another dictatorship, its cruelty knowing no bounds, wouldn't exist, if it weren't for the aipac contingent within the American government.
So instead of blaming Iran, Syria, Iraq or Yemen.... look closer to home for the extremists.

Apostasy is the act of leaving a religion..

Apostasy is the act of leaving a religion..

That's right . And it can cost you your life depending on the religion.

Apostasy from Islam costs much more than this earthly life. :sinking:

You mean like no virgins in the afterlife? Dream on Abdullah we've all heard that one before.

Volume 4, Book 52, Number 260:

Narrated Ikrima:

Ali burnt some people and this news reached Ibn 'Abbas, who said, "Had I been in his place I would not have burnt them, as the Prophet said, 'Don't punish (anybody) with Allah's Punishment.' No doubt, I would have killed them, for the Prophet said,
'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' "

3. Sura Ale-Imran

Not equal are those of the believers who sit (at home)
, except those who are disabled (by injury or are blind or lame, etc.), and those who strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives.
Allah has preferred in grades those who strive hard and fight with their wealth and their lives above those who sit (at home). Unto each, Allah has promised good (Paradise), but Allah has preferred those who strive hard and fight, above those who sit (at home) by a huge reward;

Noble Quran - Translation of Sura An-Nisa
This is from Surat an-Nisa

Jami` at-Tirmidhi
Darussalam
Volume 5, Book 44, Hadith 3032
In-book reference
Book 47, Hadith 3306
Reference
Hadith 3032

"Narrated Miqsam, the freed slave of 'Abdullah bin Al-Harith:

from Ibn 'Abbas that he said the Ayah: Not equal are those of the believers who sit, except those who are disabled... (4:95) is about Badr and those went out for Badr. At the time of the battle of Badr, 'Abdullah bin Jahsh and Ibn Umm Maktum said: 'We are blind O Messenger of Allah! So is there an exemption for us?' So the following was revealed: Not equal are those of the believers who sit except those who are disabled. But Allah has preferred those who strive hard and fight above those who sit (at home) by a huge reward (4:95). So these were the people who sat behind, that were not disabled: But Allah has preferred those who strive hard and fight, above those who sit (at home) by a huge reward - they are of levels above those who sit among the believers who did not have an excuse.""

Hadiths for 4.95

"Maududi - Sayyid Abul Ala Maududi - Tafhim al-Qur'an
In this passage, the relative status of true Muslims has been assigned according as they behave when they are asked to go to Jihad on a voluntary basis, when the leader of the Islamic forces does not require the whole Muslim force. Those who offer themselves and their wealth and go to Jihad have been assigned a higher rank than those who stay at home, even though the latter might have been engaged in other good works; moreover, there is, for the former a `promise of a good reward.' As regards those who stay at home, when they are ordered to go to Jihad, by making excuses or even those who shirk Jihad, when a general order is given for Jihad and Jihad becomes an obligatory duty in these two cases those who are engaged in other works and do not go to Jihad are hypocrites and are not entitled to the benefit of the 'promise of a good reward' except that they stay behind for any genuine excuse."
Commentaries for 4.95

Qur'an 2:190 "Fight in the way of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. Allah does not like transgressors."

Qur'an 4:75 "And how could you refuse to fight in the cause of God and of the utterly helpless men and women and children who are crying, "O our Sustainer! Lead us forth [to freedom] out of this land whose people are oppressors, and raise for us, out of Thy grace, a protector, and raise for us, out of Thy grace, one who will bring us succour!""

Qur'an 2:205 "But whenever he prevails, he goes about the earth spreading corruption and destroying [man's] tilth and progeny: and God does not love corruption"

:roll: Do you think there are contradictions in the Qur'an?

To a novice reader or somebody learning, yes. There is a lot of historical context not easily understood. The one poster quoted a verse that pertained to a certain war.

Most of my confusion has been explained.

You mean like no virgins in the afterlife? Dream on Abdullah we've all heard that one before.
Yes. It is a common myth that goes around with the help of people like you. We can safely categorise you among those who know 0 about Islam. Now if you excuse me, this is the section were atheist rubbish is not welcome — as much as you would prefer to make every place you go to indecent.

To a novice reader or somebody learning, yes. There is a lot of historical context not easily understood. The one poster quoted a verse that pertained to a certain war.

Most of my confusion has been explained.
So that would be "no". The truth doesn't change depending on people's experiences.

So that would be "no". The truth doesn't change depending on people's experiences.

Agree. The person learns though better study and understanding.

Yes. See post #293.
You said "yes" as though you were about to show what else is lost, but you only wanted to highlight the existence of the capital punishment for apostasy. I accept the laws of Allah.

Back
Top Bottom