• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Do Muslims Think The Quran Came From The Abrahamic God?

tosca1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
That's the question.

Who wrote it, and why do you think it's from God?

why do you think it's from God?

I could say the exact same thing about the bible...

Now I know, I know you'll have about 10,000 links from confirmation bias echo chambers but your book that you cling so desperately to is in the EXACT same boat.

Islam is a religion not a science. The self anointed ones can say it comes from wherever they want it to come from. I'd check out that big black cube in Mecca.

I could say the exact same thing about the bible...

Now I know, I know you'll have about 10,000 links from confirmation bias echo chambers but your book that you cling so desperately to is in the EXACT same boat.

Can you please stay on-topic.

Because according to Islamic teachings Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم was the last messenger. He received revelation from Allah as did the prophet Moses عليه السلام and Jesus عليه السلام and Abraham عليه السلام. The revelation he received confirm the Torah that Moses عليه السلام received and the Gospel that Jesus عليه السلام received.

Really the question is, why would you think it isn't from the Abrahamic God.

If you mean literally, then the revelation was written down by certain scribes. The Quran is a word of God. So it is not text that any human has — or can — put together, but each word is exactly as it was revealed to Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم.

That's the question.

Who wrote it, and why do you think it's from God?

As Valery just explained, because Mohamed said so. That's all there is to it. Mohamed said so, and here we are living with the consequences 1400 years later. Un-frigging-believable, but there you have it.

Because according to Islamic teachings Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم was the last messenger. He received revelation from Allah as did the prophet Moses عليه السلام and Jesus عليه السلام and Abraham عليه السلام. The revelation he received confirm the Torah that Moses عليه السلام received and the Gospel that Jesus عليه السلام received.

If you mean literally, then the revelation was written down by certain scribes. The Quran is a word of God. So it is not text that any human has — or can — put together, but each word is exactly as it was revealed to Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم.

But.....where did the Islamic teachings come from?

How do you know it really came from God?

It's because of the ANGEL!

Because......the angel who appeared to Muhammad (which they claim is Gabriel), is nowhere like the angel Gabriel that is described in the Bible.

The angel who appeared to Muhammad was physically violent towards him - so much so that Mohammad was terrified of him.
In all the appearances of Gabriel to people in the Bible - he always reassured them and allayed their fears.

There was a certain gentleness about the Biblical Gabriel in his dealings with people.

Daniel 6

15 While I, Daniel, was watching the vision and trying to understand it, there before me stood one who looked like a man. 16 And I heard a man’s voice from the Ulai calling,
“Gabriel, tell this man the meaning of the vision.”

17 As he came near the place where I was standing, I was terrified and fell prostrate. “Son of man,” he said to me, “understand that the vision concerns the time of the end.”

18 While he was speaking to me, I was in a deep sleep, with my face to the ground. Then he touched me and raised me to my feet.

Luke 1

11 Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense.
12 When Zechariah saw him, he was startled and was gripped with fear. 13 But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard.
Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John.

Luke 1
26 In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee,
27 to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary.
28 The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”

29 Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be.
30 But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God.

Compare the Biblical Gabriel to the Quran's "Gabriel."

Mohammad was physically assaulted by the angel that appeared to him. It terrified Mohammad so much so that he believed it was a demon,
or a devil's work!

The angel Gabriel came to him during his moment of seclusion and squeezed him very tightly, commanding him to “Read!” three times, although he did not know how. Scared, the Prophet (may the blessings and peace of God be upon him) rushed home to his wife.

At such a vulnerable moment in the Prophet’s (may the blessings and peace of God be upon him) life, Khadija was there to comfort him and reassure him what he experienced was indeed a legitimate occurrence coming from God, and not something of the devil’s work. Thus, she became the first believer in Islam. A’ishah, a later wife of the Prophet (may the blessings and peace of God be upon him) narrated about this same encounter:

“Allah’s Messenger (may the blessings and peace of God be upon him) returned with that experience; and the muscles between his neck and shoulders were trembling until he came upon Khadija and said, ‘Cover me!’ They covered him, and when the state of fear was over, he said to Khadija, ‘O Khadija! What is wrong with me? I was afraid that something bad might happen to me.’

Then he told her the story. Khadija said, ‘Nay! But receive the good tidings! By Allah, Allah will never disgrace you, for by Allah, you keep good relations with your Kith and kin, speak the truth, help the poor and the destitute, entertain your guests generously and assist those who are stricken with calamities.’”
Khadija | Facts about the Muslims & the Religion of Islam - Toll-free hotline 1-877-WHY-ISLAM

Last edited:

Clearly, Mohammad thought it was a demon - it TERRORIZED him - but his wife managed to convince him it was from God.

How did his wife know??? She wasn't there!

The Biblical Gabriel is nowhere like Mohammad's angel!

Mohammad must be right with his first gut-feeling that the angel was from the devil!

But.....where did the Islamic teachings come from?

How do you know it really came from God?
I have read the Quran and about the Sunnah of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم and I am certain that I have found the truth.
It's because of the ANGEL!
What is?
Because......the angel who appeared to Muhammad (which they claim is Gabriel), is nowhere like the angel Gabriel that is described in the Bible.

The angel who appeared to Muhammad was physically violent towards him - so much so that Mohammad was terrified of him.
In all the appearances of Gabriel to people in the Bible - he always reassured them and allayed their fears.
this is not true. The angel Jibril عليه السلام was not violent as you claim. Are you aware of the other times that the angel Jibril is mentioned in the Qur'an or the hadiths?

Qur'an 51:24-28 (interpretation of the meaning):"Have you heard the story of Abrahams honoured guests
When they came to him they said, Peace! He answered, Peace! [saying to himself]. They are strangers
Then he turned quickly to his household, and brought a fatted calf
and placed it before them. Will you not eat? he said
beginning to be afraid of them. But they said, Dont be afraid; and they gave him the good news of a son who would be endowed with knowledge"

"The greatest of all the angels is Jibreel, upon whom be peace, who was described in the following report:
"From ‘Abdullah ibn Mas‘ood (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) saw Jibreel in his true form. He had six hundred wings, each of which covered the horizon. There fell from his wings jewels, pearls and rubies, only Allah knows about them." It was reported by Ahmad in al-Musnad, and Ibn Katheer said in al-Bidayah that its isnad (chain of narrators) is jayyid (good)."

"Their beauty
Allah said, describing Jibreel, upon whom be peace (interpretation of the meaning):
"He [the Prophet] has been taught by one Mighty in Power, Dhoo Mirrah (free from any defect in body and mind), then he rose and became stable." [53:5-6]

Ibn ‘Abbas said: "‘Dhoo Mirrah means that he has a beautiful appearance." Qutadah said: "He is tall and beautiful.""

Al-Malaa’ikah (Angels) - Islam Question & Answer

Qur'an 19:16-19 (interpretation of the meaning): "Recount in the Book how Mary withdrew from her people to an eastern plac
and kept herself in seclusion from them. We sent her Our angel, who presented himself to her as a full-grown human being
When she saw him, she said, I seek refuge in the compassionate God from you; [do not come near] if you fear the Lord
I am only the messenger of your Lord, he replied. I shall bestow upon you the gift of a son endowed with purity."

What kind of a demon would call a man to call all people to worship Allah, the one God, to believe in His messengers, prophets and revelations, to give charity, establish regular prayer, keep good ties with family, be kind to neighbours, to fast for the sake of Allah, to refrain from major and minor sins, to treat well their families and to race in doing good deeds?

I have read the Quran and about the Sunnah of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم and I am certain that I have found the truth.
What is? this is not true. The angel Jibril عليه السلام was not violent as you claim. Are you aware of the other times that the angel Jibril is mentioned in the Qur'an or the hadiths?

Qur'an 51:24-28 (interpretation of the meaning):"Have you heard the story of Abrahams honoured guests
When they came to him they said, Peace! He answered, Peace! [saying to himself]. They are strangers
Then he turned quickly to his household, and brought a fatted calf
and placed it before them. Will you not eat? he said
beginning to be afraid of them. But they said, Dont be afraid; and they gave him the good news of a son who would be endowed with knowledge"

Qur'an 19:16-19 (interpretation of the meaning): "Recount in the Book how Mary withdrew from her people to an eastern plac
and kept herself in seclusion from them. We sent her Our angel, who presented himself to her as a full-grown human being
When she saw him, she said, I seek refuge in the compassionate God from you; [do not come near] if you fear the Lord
I am only the messenger of your Lord, he replied. I shall bestow upon you the gift of a son endowed with purity."

What kind of a demon would call a man to call all people to worship Allah, the one God, to believe in His messengers, prophets and revelations, to give charity, establish regular prayer, keep good ties with family, be kind to neighbours, to fast for the sake of Allah, to refrain from major and minor sins, to treat well their families and to race in doing good deeds?

Please.....you're side-stepping the issue.
I gave you a clear explanation as to why the angel can't be the same Gabriel of the Bible.
The Biblical Gabriel had a gentleness about him when he appeared to people.post #9

How is that a rebuttal to a fact about Mohammad's encounter with the angel?
He was traumatised by that encounter - it terrified him so!
His first instinct told him the angel was actually from the devil!
He told that to his wife!
However, his wife managed to convince him that the angel was really from Allah.

Mohammad was really beside himself with fear!

Here is that event. I got it from a Muslim site.

The angel Gabriel came to him during his moment of seclusion and squeezed him very tightly, commanding him to “Read!” three times, although he did not know how. Scared, the Prophet (may the blessings and peace of God be upon him) rushed home to his wife.

At such a vulnerable moment in the Prophet’s (may the blessings and peace of God be upon him) life, Khadija was there to comfort him and reassure him what he experienced was indeed a legitimate occurrence coming from God, and not something of the devil’s work.
Thus, she became the first believer in Islam. A’ishah, a later wife of the Prophet (may the blessings and peace of God be upon him) narrated about this same encounter:

“Allah’s Messenger (may the blessings and peace of God be upon him) returned with that experience; and the muscles between his neck and shoulders were trembling until he came upon Khadija and said, ‘Cover me!’ They covered him, and when the state of fear was over, he said to Khadija, ‘O Khadija! What is wrong with me? I was afraid that something bad might happen to me.’

Then he told her the story. Khadija said, ‘Nay! But receive the good tidings! By Allah, Allah will never disgrace you, for by Allah, you keep good relations with your Kith and kin, speak the truth, help the poor and the destitute, entertain your guests generously and assist those who are stricken with calamities.’”
Khadija | Facts about the Muslims & the Religion of Islam - Toll-free hotline 1-877-WHY-ISLAM

How did she know that? She wasn't there to see what happened in that cave!

It was Mohammed who had that experience - not his wife -

and, he thought the angel was from the devil!

Last edited:

Why would we assume the devil won't lie......especially, when we know that he is the master of lies?

Would you have followed him if he told you he is the devil and that he wants you to go against Allah?

Islam teaches you to beware of Satan's deceit!
Therefore, it is in your doctrine that Satan is deceitful (the same thing that is taught in the Bible).

Look how Satan can deceive you right in your house of worship! Satan performs his "seeming worship" to Allah!

Beware of Satan’s Deception

But when the Imam (leader of prayer) begins the prayer, deceives him, and he competes with the Imam (by anticipating him) in bowing (ruku`), prostrating (sujud), straightening up and going down.

This is the deception of Satan, who desires to invalidate his prayer. Then he leaves the mosque, and there is no prayer (accredited) to him.

Another strange thing is that all of the worshippers behind the Imam agree that it is not permissible for anyone to leave the prayer until the Imam does so, all of them wait until the Imam’s tasleem (end of prayer). In spite of this, however, all of them — except as Allah wills— anticipate the Imam in bowing, prostrating, straightening up and going down, due to the deception of Satan, causing them to perform prayer imperfectly, negligently.
Beware of Satan's deception

That's why I believe the apparitions of the the spirit who claims to be MARY, is actually demonic!
Behind all the seeming goodness - when you really get into her demands - they're worldly! Narcissistic! All about her.
She doesn't draw people nearer to God............... but actually lures them away from God.

Just because a spirit claims something, and does things that seem good - does not always mean the spirit is from God.

TEST the SPIRIT!

Last edited:
Why would we assume the devil won't lie......especially, when we know that he is the master of lies?

Would you have followed him if he told you he is the devil and that he wants you to go against Allah?

Islam teaches you to beware of Satan's deceit!
Therefore, it is in your doctrine that Satan is deceitful (the same thing that is taught in the Bible).

Look how Satan can deceive you right in your house of worship! Satan performs his "seeming worship" to Allah!

Beware of Satan's deception

That's why I believe the apparitions of the the spirit who claims to be MARY, is actually demonic!
Behind all the seeming goodness - when you really get into her demands - they're worldly! Narcissistic! All about her.
She doesn't draw people nearer to God............... but actually lures them away from God.

Just because a spirit claims something, and does things that seem good - does not always mean the spirit is from God.

TEST the SPIRIT!
It isn't in Satan's nature to lie by spreading God's word... :roll:

Seeming worship? Did you read what you quoted, because I have no idea how you twisted that into satan seemingly worshipping Allah.

It isn't in Satan's nature to lie by spreading God's word... :roll:

If that's how he can get your attention - why not? Satan can lie about anything! What happens in between?
He is crafty - just look how he can get others to commit idolatry without them being aware of it!

Seeming worship? Did you read what you quoted, because I have no idea how you twisted that into satan seemingly worshipping Allah.

"seeming," is the keyword. Meaning - it only looks that way.
Read it , and see how he got the congregation members to do a neglectful prayer.

I got that from a Muslim site.

I would like to see your response on post #12. It's the key argument related to the OP.

Mohammad had that experience in the cave, and he thought the angel was from the devil.

Last edited:
Please.....you're side-stepping the issue.
I gave you a clear explanation as to why the angel can't be the same Gabriel of the Bible.
The Biblical Gabriel had a gentleness about him when he appeared to people.post #9
And I showed you how Gabriel in the Qur'an and hadiths, also, shows gentleness — not that this point was on any way decisive since I don't believe in the Bible and what Bible says is irrelevant.

How would I not be "side-stepping" the issue? What exactly is it you want an answer to?
How is that a rebuttal to a fact about Mohammad's encounter with the angel?
He was traumatised by that encounter - it terrified him so!
It's not rebuttal. There won't be one until you provide solid evidence for your claim. That way you'll get to do the work that is appropriately yours.
His first instinct told him the angel was actually from the devil!
He told that to his wife!
source, please.
However, his wife managed to convince him that the angel was really from Allah.

Mohammad was really beside himself with fear!

Here is that event. I got it from a Muslim site.
it doesn't say what you insinuate.

And I showed you how Gabriel in the Qur'an and hadiths, also, shows gentleness — not that this point was on any way decisive since I don't believe in the Bible and what Bible says is irrelevant.

How would I not be "side-stepping" the issue? What exactly is it you want an answer to?
It's not rebuttal. There won't be one until you provide solid evidence for your claim. That way you'll get to do the work that is appropriately yours. source, please. it doesn't say what you insinuate.

Satan can take on the personality of Gabriel! Boy, he reads the Bible too you know. ;)

We're talking about Mohammad's encounter with the angel in that cave. He thought it came from the devil!

Satan can take on the personality of Gabriel! Boy, he reads the Bible too you know. ;)

We're talking about Mohammad's encounter with the angel in that cave. He thought it came from the devil!
*yawn* you have yet to prove that. Why would satan read the bible?

*yawn* you have yet to prove that. Why would satan read the bible?

Why wouldn't he? If his purpose is to take us away from God - he would want to know what is being taught to us!

How can Satan quote from the Bible if he hadn't read it? Or, knows what's written in it?
Do you know that he uses arguments from the Scriptures?
He also uses the Bible to try to undermine our faith!

Anyway - you're deflecting. You have not answered the logical question I asked you.

Mohammad thought the angel that appeared to him came from the devil!

It's only because his wife had sought to comfort him and had convinced him that it was from Allah - but, clearly she made that up to allay Mohammad's fear.
She couldn't have known anything about the angel!

Why would Mohammad mistake the angel to be from the devil if that angel was truly
the Biblical Gabriel?

Last edited:

The description of creation of man given by the angel who appeared to Mohammad, is not the same as the creation account
given in the Book of Genesis.

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

﴾1﴿ Read: In the name of thy Lord Who createth,

﴾2﴿ Createth man from a clot.

Surah Al-'alaq With English Translation Of سورة العلق - Listen & Download MP3 Audio Quran Online Free - Darsaal

Genesis 1:27

So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them;

male and female he created them.

Last edited:
If that's how he can get your attention - why not? Satan can lie about anything! What happens in between?
He is crafty - just look how he can get others to commit idolatry without them being aware of it!

"seeming," is the keyword. Meaning - it only looks that way.
Read it , and see how he got the congregation members to do a neglectful prayer.

I got that from a Muslim site.

I would like to see your response on post #12. It's the key argument related to the OP.

Mohammad had that experience in the cave, and he thought the angel was from the devil.

How do you know it's not you that's been deceived?

How do you know it's not you that's been deceived?
:roll:

Your response is irrational! The Bible is quite older than Islam!

Furthermore, Muslims claim they worship the same ABRAHAMIC GOD.

Stay on-topic. get in the game.

It's not rebuttal. There won't be one until you provide solid evidence for your claim. That way you'll get to do the work that is appropriately yours. source, please.

it doesn't say what you insinuate.

Will you open your eyes and read this please?

At such a vulnerable moment in the Prophet’s (may the blessings and peace of God be upon him) life, Khadija was there to comfort him and reassure him what he experienced was indeed a legitimate occurrence coming from God, and not something of the devil’s work.
Thus, she became the first believer in Islam. A’ishah, a later wife of the Prophet (may the blessings and peace of God be upon him) narrated about this same encounter:

To say Mohammad was scared, would be an understatement!

Why would his wife reassure him that the work was not from the devil unless Mohammad had said it!!
Clearly Mohammad thought the angel was from the devil, but his wife tried to comfort him and said no, it was not.
What did she know? She wasn't there!

She was merely giving empty words of comfort to an obviously very distressed Mohammad!

Last edited:
:roll:

Your response is irrational! The Bible is quite older than Islam!

Furthermore, Muslims claim they worship the same ABRAHAMIC GOD.

Stay on-topic. get in the game.

Bible may be older than Islam, but not the devil, who leads you to false assumptions.

It's not just Muslims who accept the triple whammy of Abrahamic religions. All do, otherwise the term "Abrahamic" wouldn't exist.

Bible may be older than Islam, but not the devil, who leads you to false assumptions.

It's not just Muslims who accept the triple whammy of Abrahamic religions. All do, otherwise the term "Abrahamic" wouldn't exist.

Irrelevant!

Just so you know.......the discussion between Valery and I is centered on this:

Thus, the angel Gabriel was brought up - the BIBLICAL ANGEL that was claimed to have appeared to Mohammad!
So - logically - the comparison between the Biblical Gabriel and Muhammad's angel would be at the crux of this!

Since the Bible is the REFERENCE by which angel Gabriel has originated from - logically, we have to refer to the Bible itself!

So - unless you've got something relevant within that context - kindly refrain from derailing our discussion!
Otherwise, I'll have to put you back on "ignore."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom