• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why do men want to control women?

Patriotic Voter

Smarter than trolls
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
I am putting it here because the topic goes beyond abortion. For example, some abortion opponents say women would be blessed if they lived a traditional lifestyle: married stay at home moms like the Puritans. But these same people talk about wanting men to force women to stay pregnant the whole nine months. They claim iti s right for women to be paid less than men and more men than women to be employed. I even read suggestions women should enjoy being raped. What they really want to do is control women, not bless them.

Meanwhile, these male posters always refuse to accept the fact that incest and rape are always their fault. They refuse to accept the fact that if a raped woman gets an abortion, it is not her fault that she needed one. They refuse to accept any responsibility at for failing to wear condoms or being the sexual intercourse perpetrator while the same men criticize women for spreading their legs a part or wearing the wrong clothing. It is always "Men are good and women are bad." They only want to blame the women for their own sins.

Ironically, many of the men who say this crap are married. If a man hates women, he must want to be single his entire life or gay. It makes no sense that married men constantly make misogynistic comments whether it is related to employment, sexual activity, etc.

Last edited:
As a biological male with zero percent chance of getting pregnant I generally eschew involving myself in abortion issues.

Oh wait, what was the question again?

Ironically, many of the men who say this crap are married. If a man hates women, he must want to be single his entire life or gay. It makes no sense that married men constantly make misogynistic comments whether it is related to employment, sexual activity, etc.
Perhaps such men want to exert power or control over women and marriage is an easy means to do that. That might also signify an abusive relationship.

I am putting it here because the topic goes beyond abortion. For example, some abortion opponents say women would be blessed if they lived a traditional lifestyle: married stay at home moms like the Puritans. But these same people talk about wanting men to force women to stay pregnant the whole nine months. They claim iti s right for women to be paid less than men and more men than women to be employed. I even read suggestions women should enjoy being raped. What they really want to do is control women, not bless them.

Meanwhile, these male posters always refuse to accept the fact that incest and rape are always their fault. They refuse to accept the fact that if a raped woman gets an abortion, it is not her fault that she needed one. They refuse to accept any responsibility at for failing to wear condoms or being the sexual intercourse perpetrator while the same men criticize women for spreading their legs a part or wearing the wrong clothing. It is always "Men are good and women are bad." They only want to blame the women for their own sins.

One point I'd contend with you. Incest and rape are not always the male's fault, that kind of thing can go both ways.
I think it's more likely that the male would be at fault, but it's not assured.

Apart from that it looks like we agree on all of your points.

IMO any man who thinks a woman enjoys rape has some issues, possibly including a desire to be a rapist. Also **** that guy in particular, they're an asshole.
IMO one sexual partner having control over another partner or partners should only be done within the framework of roleplaying and the like, and requires that all involved parties consent to it.

I think humans generally try to rationalize away their guilt for their bad actions, so I assume blaming the woman is in many cases due to the male, historically (and in all to many cases currently) having a superior cultural standing/position/benefit of the doubt/whatever, however much that has changed in recent decades. That culture still lingers in plenty of places.
It follows that a culture of blaming the person with less power arose. Humans be like that. We're kinda shitty to each other without rules to restrain us.

Edit: As for the abortion thing, there's this well-established religion thing where all abortions are wrong because it's murder from the moment sperm meets egg.
A few are willing to give exceptions for medical cases where the mother would die if the child was carried to full term, but some not even that.

Every non-abusive man on the planet that has been married know that the woman is in control of it all.

Knowing that, what do you want? More control?

Because if we don't, they'll rule the world.

Perhaps such men want to exert power or control over women and marriage is an easy means to do that. That might also signify an abusive relationship.

I am sure that often is true. Unfortunately, even men who have been married for decades say this stuff.

because women, according to them, can't control themselves.

I am sure that often is true. Unfortunately, even men who have been married for decades say this stuff.
Well, after decades of marriage, then it makes sense 😉

Jesus told us to love our neighbors, not love our male neighbors. He was talking about both sexes.

The Christians I am thinking of aren't to interested in the teachings of Jesus, but they are quite taken by their own interpretation of the story of the Garden of Eden.

"Our culture today views the body as inherently sinful; this belief is treated as an axiom beyond challenge. Sex is especially sinful -- and the final responsibility for the evil of sex and of the body is located in woman. Adam would not have sinned but for Eve's initial transgression.

Evil is located in woman, and in her body and its potentialities. Such evil must be channeled and controlled: it must be brought under the whip of righteousness. The campaign to limit or even eliminate abortion is not about pregnancy or the fetus at all: it is about controlling the body, and controlling pleasure, especially sexual pleasure.

For the most part, men run the world. They are not interested in controlling themselves, and they will still pursue their own pleasure as they choose -- but evil must be resisted. So they turn to their eternal scapegoat, and what they view as the final source of evil in this world, the barrier between themselves and redemption: woman. If our world and men are to be saved, they must be saved from woman."

Of Abortion, and Women as the Ultimate Source of Evil

One doesn't need to be a Christian to think this way because it is steeped in our culture.

Speaking strictly as a man.... whaaat?

Adam would not have sinned but for Eve's initial transgression.

So if Adam ate the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil first (which we know he did not), the sexual evil would be reversed.

So if Adam ate the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil first (which we know he did not), the sexual evil would be reversed.
what do you mean by sexual evil? sex isn't evil.

I think if most men could, they would.....

I always find it ironic that it is usually some shrill unhappy single woman who feels like women have less power than men do. While happily married women with families are the most content.

Back
Top Bottom