• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why do men want to control women?

You are not really saying that women have equal power to men in the world are you?

You know I am only talking about individual men controlling individual women - not male leaders vs. female leaders.

The often used argument by the pro gun crowd is that women are physically weak therefor need a gun.

Actually the arguement for 2nd amendment rights is about a fundamental right of self protection irrespective of politics, wealth, age, or gender. I'm over 6 feet and know how to fight; even despite being over 60, many people would probably think twice about considering me weak or easy to victimize. And that being said, a criminal coming at you with a machete looking to harm you----well, being male and strong isn't going to be necessarily enough--- a gun for protection is then a pretty handy tool.

You know the old sayng: "God made man (humankind), but Colonel Colt made them equal".;)

If a person is told often enough they are weak, they will start to believe it.

Only a weak minded person would believe that. Like I said, a gun is merely a tool. Both women and men need appropriate tools for certain tasks. You wouldn't try to put a fire out with toothbrush would you? What is the appropriate tool to defend against a drug crazed mad man coming at with an axe--- whether you are a man or a woman?

Last edited:
You know I am only talking about individual men controlling individual women - not male leaders vs. female leaders.
I'm not talking about world leaders either. I'm talking about daily life.

Actually the arguement for 2nd amendment rights is about a fundamental right of self protection irrespective of politics, wealth, age, or gender. I'm over 6 feet and know how to fight; even despite being over 60, many people would probably think twice about considering me weak or easy to victimize. And that being said, a criminal coming at you with a machete looking to harm you----well, being male and strong isn't going to be necessarily enough--- a gun for protection is then a pretty handy tool.

You know the old sayng: "God made man (humankind), but Colonel Colt made them equal".;)

Only a weak minded person would believe that. Like I said, a gun is merely a tool. Both women and men need appropriate tools for certain tasks. You wouldn't try to put a fire out with toothbrush would you? What is the appropriate tool to defend against a drug crazed mad man coming at with an axe--- whether you are a man or a woman?
Pushing the idea that women are weak is the problem, not some fantasy about playing hero with a gun.

No a gun may be a tool but the ideology and bad behaviour arising from a stupid gun ideology is a problem.

How often you fantasize about being attacked is also a problem not the gun.

I am putting it here because the topic goes beyond abortion. For example, some abortion opponents say women would be blessed if they lived a traditional lifestyle: married stay at home moms like the Puritans. But these same people talk about wanting men to force women to stay pregnant the whole nine months. They claim iti s right for women to be paid less than men and more men than women to be employed. I even read suggestions women should enjoy being raped. What they really want to do is control women, not bless them.

Meanwhile, these male posters always refuse to accept the fact that incest and rape are always their fault. They refuse to accept the fact that if a raped woman gets an abortion, it is not her fault that she needed one. They refuse to accept any responsibility at for failing to wear condoms or being the sexual intercourse perpetrator while the same men criticize women for spreading their legs a part or wearing the wrong clothing. It is always "Men are good and women are bad." They only want to blame the women for their own sins.

Ironically, many of the men who say this crap are married. If a man hates women, he must want to be single his entire life or gay. It makes no sense that married men constantly make misogynistic comments whether it is related to employment, sexual activity, etc.
Men control women? You sure its not the other way around?

Pushing the idea that women are weak is the problem, not some fantasy about playing hero with a gun.
Hey, you are the one who brought up guns not me. And BTW, anyone who uses a gun to save their own life, male or female--- I don't call that being a hero, I call that necessary.

No a gun may be a tool but the ideology and bad behaviour arising from a stupid gun ideology is a problem.

Really? Well, then please explain to me how all of my many guns that I have owned for half a century have ever been a party to any "bad behavior"? Show me where I or any of my guns have ever been used in crimes, because they have not.

Do you actually believe that a gun INSPIRES a rational empathetic law abiding citizen to commit bad acts just because they own a gun?

I'll guess that you own a car. A car a heavy piece of machinery capable of being a rolling ballistic missile used to run people over. I'll bet you have never been inspired to just run over other people because a car can do that. So, what makes you think guns inspire bad behavior? Oh, and can't we agree that a justified use of gun to defend an innocent life is NOT bad behavior? If a cop has to shoot a armed robber threatening people, that isn't bad behavior is it?
How often you fantasize about being attacked is also a problem not the gun.
So typical of a liberal to just make something up from total ignorance to fit their narrative. Have you ever had gun pointed at you? Have you ever had a gun pressed into your back? Have you ever had somebody shoot at you?

Well, I have. Those were not "fantasies" those were real life.

I'm not talking about world leaders either. I'm talking about daily life.

In daily life, men and women have equal power, but men think they have more and abuse it against women.

Men control women? You sure its not the other way around?

Show me how many women physically force men to have sex with them against their will and do not let them do what they want to with their bodies for nine months.

Can you please provide evidence of men in this forum arguing that women should enjoy being raped?

There are several recent instances of both preachers and politicians making remarks about how if a rape is inevitable, the woman should just lie back and enjoy it. Also other instances where a political figure said that if a woman has the right to abortion then men ought to have the right to rape them at will. And then there's the attempts to pass laws granting the rapist the right to custody and visitation.

These have been IN the news.
If you insist, I'll dig them up for you but I wager at least half the folks in this thread know the news items I am referring to.

And of course, the excuse that if a pregnancy is the result of a rape, it should be regarded as an opportunity.

You asked and I answered with evidence. Don't try to deflect now when your claim is proven to not be true.

Not interested in derailing the thread. You can find plenty of my opinions on it in that thread and others.

Not interested in derailing the thread. You can find plenty of my opinions on it in that thread and others.
You were wrong and you are trying to deflect instead of admitting it.

Women are paid less for the same job in the US.

“Engineer” is an extraordinarily broad category - so much so as to be completely meaningnless when looking at salaries.

You need to talk about job titles within a organization and whether women are lower paying job titles than men of the same qualifications.

“Engineer” is an extraordinarily broad category so much so as yo be completely meaningnless. You need to talk about job titles within a organization and whether women are lower paying job titles than men of the same qualifications.
The pay disparity is broken down by engineering specialty (chemical, electrical, aerospace, civil, mechanical......) if you bothered to open the link. I suggest that you do that.

In daily life, men and women have equal power, but men think they have more and abuse it against women.
Nah! The way I see it is that women are BORN with more power, but they just aren't able to effectively use it. Women are naturally born with something men want. It's power is similar to the sword excaliber in the Arthurian legend. Problem is they never fully use their power, too many other thing with women get in the way. They lose their focus worrying about their feelings, or what men think of them, or what other women think of them, or things they see in themselves in a mirror.

If women ever realized the full power they have, they would have all of us men in chains doing what they want. ;)

The pay disparity is broken down by engineering specialty (chemical, electrical, aerospace, civil, mechanical......) if you bothered to open the link. I suggest that you do that.
A speciality isnt a job title. It’s irrelevant to the discussion. Junior Chemical Enginner or Aerospace Engineer Grade 1 are job titles. Pay compsrisons have to be based on job title since those define job responsibilities.

Why is prostitution evil?

Why do you think it is not evil? They only do it for money and domination. None of the men and women who do it are married to each other. It is all about greed, not love.

Why do you think it is not evil? They only do it for money and domination. None of the men and women who do it are married to each other. It is all about greed, not love.

Lots of sex has nothing to do with love....

A speciality isnt a job title. It’s irrelevant to the discussion. Junior Chemical Enginner or Aerospace Engineer Grade 1 are job titles. Pay compsrisons have to be based on job title since those define job responsibilities.
Your desperate attempt to confuse and equivocate is noted.

Key Observations​

• Salaries of both women and men were the highest in aerospace engineering, $99,000 and $102,000 respectively.
  • Female engineers made $15,000 less than their male counterparts in chemical, electrical, and materials engineering.
  • The salary of women in industrial engineering ($73,000) was nearly the same as that of men ($74,000).
Many women engineers1 earn less than their male counterparts and the pay gap widens as years of experience increases, according to a recent analysis of more than 4,700 salary reports submitted anonymously on Glassdoor.com by people in the engineering field, of which 70% are male and 30% are female. The analysis revealed that women engineers earn 96.7% of what men earn early in their careers (0-3 years experience), and earn 89.1% of what their male counterparts earn when both genders have more than 10 years experience. This means that the average compensation for a male engineer with less than three years of experience is $70,533 while women with the same experience earn less ($68,237). For those with 10 or more years, men make an average of $111,877 while women typically make $99,733. That can easily equate to hundreds of thousands of dollars throughout a career.

Back
Top Bottom