• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why do homophobes disbelieve in straight allies?

middleagedgamer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Links to Wikipedia articles are provided for words that some people may not be familiar with.

Anyway, I've noticed that homophobes disbelieve in straight allies in much the same way that explicit atheists disbelieve in God. To these idiots, anyone who supports gay rights, or even does not share their hatred of gays, is a gay person themselves.

They don't realize that some people just don't think the atrocity that is homophobia is wrong! They never realize "wait, if there were white people marching alongside Martin Luther King, Jr., why can't their be straight people supporting gay rights?"

Just because I'm a man, doesn't mean I can't support gender equality.

Just because I'm white, doesn't mean I can't oppose racism.

Why do homophobes think differently about sexual orientation? Honestly, it doesn't make any sense!

Links to Wikipedia articles are provided for words that some people may not be familiar with.

Anyway, I've noticed that homophobes disbelieve in straight allies in much the same way that explicit atheists disbelieve in God. To these idiots, anyone who supports gay rights, or even does not share their hatred of gays, is a gay person themselves.

They don't realize that some people just don't think the atrocity that is homophobia is wrong! They never realize "wait, if there were white people marching alongside Martin Luther King, Jr., why can't their be straight people supporting gay rights?"

Just because I'm a man, doesn't mean I can't support gender equality.

Just because I'm white, doesn't mean I can't oppose racism.

Why do homophobes think differently about sexual orientation? Honestly, it doesn't make any sense!

That's a mighty big brush you got there.

The reason it doesn't make sense to you is because you don't understand their perspective. People who are deemed, "homophobic" are often people who find homosexuality disgusting. It is difficult for them to imagine other people do not find it as disgusting as they do. It is reasonable then to assume that those people who claim they are heterosexual but who do not find homosexuailty disgusting, must in fact be homosexual.

Other people who are deemed "homophobic" are in fact homosexual. They are aware of the fact, but are distressed by it. They choose to be adversarial and challenge homosexuality and all its supporters in hopes that it will make themselves feel less homosexual. They believe that everyone who is gay is as ashamed of their sexualty as they are. They believe that calling supporters of gay rights, "homosexual" will shame them from their cause.

There are probably other perspectives. It's not something to get heated about. It's their problem, not yours or mine. And with those emotions, their reasoning makes perfect sense.

People who are deemed, "homophobic" are often people who find homosexuality disgusting.
Kinda like how some people in the 1950's found racial equality "disgusting?"

It is difficult for them to imagine other people do not find it as disgusting as they do.
I actually think broccoli tastes good. What's the difference?

It is reasonable then to assume that those people who claim they are heterosexual but who do not find homosexuailty disgusting, must in fact be homosexual.
How is that even the least bit reasonable?

Other people who are deemed "homophobic" are in fact homosexual.
Tell me something I don't know.

They are aware of the fact, but are distressed by it.
Yes, I know that. In fact, one of them is the patriarch of the most hated family in America.

They choose to be adversarial and challenge homosexuality and all its supporters in hopes that it will make themselves feel less homosexual. They believe that everyone who is gay is as ashamed of their sexualty as they are.
I just wish I knew how they thought. Maybe, if I knew what made tem tick, I could probably communicate with them, better.

They believe that calling supporters of gay rights, "homosexual" will shame them from their cause.
Do they ever realize that it isn't working?

There are probably other perspectives. It's not something to get heated about. It's their problem, not yours or mine.
Except that they take these feelings to the polls, where it becomes everyone's problem.

And with those emotions, their reasoning makes perfect sense.
No, it doesn't.

I just wish I knew how their minds work. Clearly, there's a miscommunication, and I just wish that I could find out what it is.

The reason it doesn't make sense to you is because you don't understand their perspective. People who are deemed, "homophobic" are often people who find homosexuality disgusting. It is difficult for them to imagine other people do not find it as disgusting as they do. It is reasonable then to assume that those people who claim they are heterosexual but who do not find homosexuailty disgusting, must in fact be homosexual.

Other people who are deemed "homophobic" are in fact homosexual. They are aware of the fact, but are distressed by it. They choose to be adversarial and challenge homosexuality and all its supporters in hopes that it will make themselves feel less homosexual. They believe that everyone who is gay is as ashamed of their sexuality as they are. They believe that calling supporters of gay rights, "homosexual" will shame them from their cause.

There are probably other perspectives. It's not something to get heated about. It's their problem, not yours or mine. And with those emotions, their reasoning makes perfect sense.

This is so off base. I do not find lesbianism or homosexuality disgusting or repulsive. In fact lesbians are hot. I find homosexuality wrong only from a moral perspective, and not the person, just the lust and physical act. I mean anal sex with a female does not make you gay either. No I don't do that, lol.

I am not a homosexual and have no attraction to men at all, as do most straight men. Your assertion is completely unfounded.

So basically you are saying anyone who finds homosexual sex disgusting is either a gay person or self hating gay person.

I think you need to call the academy of mental health and get this ground breaking information to them!

Most of the population is gay!!!

Last edited:
This is so off base. I do not find lesbianism or homosexuality disgusting or repulsive. In fact lesbians are hot. I find homosexuality wrong only from a moral perspective, and not the person, just the lust and physical act. I mean anal sex with a female does not make you gay either. No I don't do that, lol.

I am not a homosexual and have no attraction to men at all, as do most straight men. Your assertion is completely unfounded.

So basically you are saying anyone who finds homosexual sex disgusting is either a gay person or self hating gay person.

I think you need to call the academy of mental health and get this ground breaking information to them!

Then, can YOU shed some light on this?

Why do homophobes, like you, have the belief that anyone who supports gay rights, automatically is gay, themselves? Why do you hold the belief that there is no such thing as a straight ally? Why do you hold a different standard, in that respect, than you do to men supporting gender equality or white people supporting racial equality?

Then, can YOU shed some light on this?

Why do homophobes, like you, have the belief that anyone who supports gay rights, automatically is gay, themselves? Why do you hold the belief that there is no such thing as a straight ally?

A couple things you need to answer first...

#1 Please point out why I am a homophobe?
#2 Please point out Where I said anyone who supports gay rights is gay? :shock:
#3 I have no idea what a "straight ally" is let alone hold any belief about it.

Why do you hold a different standard, in that respect, than you do to men supporting gender equality or white people supporting racial equalit

What in the name of all that is fluffy and bunny like are you talking about?

Are you a homophobe? I don't thnk the OP said anything about people who find homosexuality wrong, I think he was talking about the people who hate or fear gays and lesbians.

Except that they take these feelings to the polls, where it becomes everyone's problem.

They do and it does. But part of living in a democratic society is accepting that there will be people who dislike you and who will do their part to deny you your freedoms and rights. The choices are limited. You can retreat to somewhere else where you can be accepted (Oh Canada!). You can stand and defend the rights you have (Stonewall). Or you can speak up and fight for the rights you want (Same Sex Marriage). It takes time for attitudes to change, but with education and living a good life, people can see that you are no threat and will allow you to have your rights and freedom. And that is what is important. Not controlling the attitudes and perceptions of those who have emotional issues with homosexuality, but accepting those people exist and choosing to live your life the way you want in spite of it.

Are you a homophobe? I don't thnk the OP said anything about people who find homosexuality wrong, I think he was talking about the people who hate or fear gays and lesbians.

OK I see what you are saying. I still don't agree with you, lol. I do however see what you are saying.

The problem is to many people use the term against anyone who does not agree with a gay life style ect. I mean look at the response to me from the OP.

Why do homophobes, like you, have the belief that anyone who supports gay rights, automatically is gay, themselves? - middleagedgamer

Man I tell you CT, I am really getting tired of extremists on both sides.

OK I see what you are saying. I still don't agree with you, lol. I do however see what you are saying.

The problem is to many people use the term against anyone who does not agree with a gay life style ect. I mean look at the response to me from the OP.

Why do homophobes, like you, have the belief that anyone who supports gay rights, automatically is gay, themselves? - middleagedgamer

Well you did come into a thread in which the OP explicitly stated it was about people who "hated" gays and started to argue that my assertions were off base as if you were one of the people the OP was talking about.

You should not have made assumptions. The OP was pretty clear when he said, "hatred of gays".

Last edited:

It definitely is not right to assume that everyone who is against gay rights are homophobic. Some just have their beliefs, even if, those of us for gay rights, believe they are wrong. I know that you just have beliefs on how things like "marriage" should be and don't want that to change. And you see the homosexuals as sinning, but that really doesn't mean anything at all, unless you go out to try to condemn them, which I doubt you do.

That being said, there are definitely a few people out there who emphatically believe that only gays would support gay rights. I have argued with a few, even on this board. But they are definitely not the majority, even of those people who could be honestly called homophobic.

Every side has people who exaggerate. Unfortunately, they don't tend to help no matter which side they are on.

I don't think that this sort of attitude is nearly as prevalent as the OP is suggesting it is. I've argued a lot for the legalization of gay marriage, and I've never been accused of being homosexual.

A couple things you need to answer first...
Fine. I will answer these only once, apiece.

#1 Please point out why I am a homophobe?
You hate gays.

#2 Please point out Where I said anyone who supports gay rights is gay? :shock:
You, specifically, did not. However, HOMOPHOBES feel this way.

#3 I have no idea what a "straight ally" is let alone hold any belief about it.
You wouldn't be saying that if you had clicked on that link I gave you.

What in the name of all that is fluffy and bunny like are you talking about?
What?

I don't think that this sort of attitude is nearly as prevalent as the OP is suggesting it is. I've argued a lot for the legalization of gay marriage, and I've never been accused of being homosexual.

I have. Quite often.

Fine. I will answer these only once, apiece.

Yaaaaah! :doh

You hate gays.

Some of my friends would be really surprised to hear that!

Now please point out where I said I hate gays?

You, specifically, did not. However, HOMOPHOBES feel this way.

I think your usage of the word "homophobe" mite be a tad over zealous.

You wouldn't be saying that if you had clicked on that link I gave you.

Oh you mean the post I never responded to or even read for that matter. I briefly glanced at it. It was so over the top I avoided it. You on the other hand assumed incorrectly I somehow hate gays etc.

Shame on you. :naughty

Last edited:
Some of my friends would be really surprised to here that!

Now please point out where I said I hate gays?
I'll make you a bet. I think I can copy and paste exactly where you stated that you hate gays... in this thread! If I am successful, you agree to pay me $5,000. If you don't pay, we submit the case to binding arbitration, using internet-ARBitration: Online arbitration firm for internet arbitration & dispute resolution, and double the outstanding balance to $10,000. You can send it to my paypal account.

Do we have a deal?

I think your usage of the word "homophobe" mite be a tad over zealous.
Oh, you mean, kinda like YOUR belief that homosexuality is wrong?

Oh you mean the post I never responded to or even read for that matter. I briefly glanced at it.
That's your fault.

It was so over the top I avoided it. You on the other hand assumed incorrectly I somehow hate gays etc.
No, I didn't assume anything; you said it, point blank.

I'll make you a bet. I think I can copy and paste exactly where you stated that you hate gays... in this thread! If I am successful, you agree to pay me $5,000. If you don't pay, we submit the case to binding arbitration, using internet-ARBitration: Online arbitration firm for internet arbitration & dispute resolution, and double the outstanding balance to $10,000. You can send it to my paypal account.

Do we have a deal?

Certainly. But you are going to lose.

Oh, you mean, kinda like YOUR belief that homosexuality is wrong?

I don't belive being a homosexual is wrong? I belive homosexual "acts" are wrong.

That's your fault.

No, I didn't assume anything; you said it, point blank.

No I did not. Did not even emply it.

PS: Do I get $5000.00 after I prove you are absolutely wrong?

Last edited:
It does not take that long to cut and paste a statement I made? Either you have it or you don't. I really don't have all night.

Certainly. But you are going to lose.
One more thing I'd like to add:

Do you agree that, if I file the arbitration, and you do not accept it within two weeks, then I automatically win, regardless of the merits of the case?

No I did not. Did not even emply it.
Yes you did.

PS: Do I get $5000.00 after I prove you are absolutely wrong?
Sure.

One more thing I'd like to add:

Do you agree that, if I file the arbitration, and you do not accept it within two weeks, then I automatically win, regardless of the merits of the case?

As soon as you tell me what I get when you lose.

Yes you did.

No I did not.

I agree for goodness sakes. Please tell me where I said that "I hate gays." This does not include saying "I hate gays" in responce to your accusations." It has to be literally that I said it and someplace else other than my posts#16 (a responce to your accusation) or this post, and it must be from this thread.

Anything else is fair game, otherwise you are nothing more than someone trying to pull a dishonest scam and a liar.

Dude, you tried this fake online arbitration thing once before - not only is it a joke, but it's not a very good debate tactic either.

Before I copy and paste, I want you to log onto your paypal account. Take a screenshot of your confirmed address, and PM me with that screenshot. That way, I can confirm the arbitration award when you loose. When you do that, I'll respond to that PM with my screenshot.

I'm not taking any chances.

Dude, you tried this fake online arbitration thing once before - not only is it a joke, but it's not a very good debate tactic either.

I saw it coming, wanted to drag him out a little more as the repugnant little lying scammer he is turning out to be.

Before I copy and paste, I want you to log onto your paypal account. Take a screenshot of your confirmed address, and PM me with that screenshot. That way, I can confirm the arbitration award when you loose. When you do that, I'll respond to that PM with my screenshot.

I'm not taking any chances.

Ummm... No. Until you post where I said it, you are not getting ****. I never lie.

Back
Top Bottom