• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why do conservatives hate LIBERALS ???

why do conservatives hate LIBERALS?

• conservatives do not understand the ideology of liberalism.

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • conservatives are afraid of change.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • liberals don't fit conservative definitions of lifestyle, religion, and politics.

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • liberals do not approve of unilateral intervention.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
jamesrage said:
The airing of the arugab photos ring a bell or how about the acusations of soldiers frushing a koran down the toilet,do those things ring a bell and I could go on if I had all day about this subject if I had time.
Please go on, you're quite enjoyable to read. My take from this post is that you do not believe in freedom of the press, aka, free speech? So what about you then is American? Is there a more sacred right in America than freedom of speech?
jamesrage said:
Gay marriage will ruin marriage in the long run.
HOW? How many times have you been married so far? Do you think that having more than 50% of marriages ending in divorce means that marriage is doing well? Do you think heterosexuals will stop marrying each other and instead turn Gay? Are you afraid that you will turn Gay? Is there a part of you that has secret hidden desires for men and you're ability to resist temptation is being severely tested by Gay marriages?
jamesrage said:
I am intolerant of anything that will destroy American valuesAmerica was not founded on gay marriage and all the abominations.
So you think America is so weak, so in danger of collapsing that two guys getting married will bring our country to it's end? Do you have so little FAITH in America and Americans that you think our country will soon cease to exist?

If you do, what will become of us? Are you for separating into two countries, the United Blue States of America and the United Red States of America? Is that something you would prefer?

jamesrage said:
Lets see the liberals are for abortion and youthinasia and you all sure as hell did not mind that a feeding tube was yanked from Terri Schiavo.

Are you familiar with the Texas Futile Care Law? Read this, I think it may concern you:

"...George W. Bush signed a law in Texas that expressly gave hospitals the right to remove life support if the patient could not pay and there was no hope of revival, regardless of the patient's family's wishes. It is called the Texas Futile Care Law. Under this law, a baby was removed from life support against his mother's wishes in Texas just this week."

SOURCE

Last edited:
Gay Marriage would undefine something generally considered sacred, just so gays can feel included in things that don't even logically allow them to participate.

It opens the door for the legalization of polygemy -which inevitably hurts women.

I don't support gay marriage for the same reason I don't support undefining race so that I too can get a scholarship from the United Negro College Fund. It is moronic.

Gay marriage threatens America only in one way. It is one more cynical step in the direction of the liberal utopia- an irrational, hedonistic, apathetic, shallow, unaccountable, excuse-driven, directionless, spiritually devoid, Larry Flynt society in which literally nothing is sacred, no one's rights are respected, and everyone is referred to as, "citizen 1828302138390283."

I've read the last few pages and I see that this has become nothing more than a shouting festival....

Equating "Liberalism" of centuries gone by with today's interpretation....The forever useless comparison to Nazis...pointing out a couple of things that don't coincide with a 100% "Conservative" or 100% "Liberal mindeset, which, of course, brings on the cry of hypocracy...

My personal cry of "hypocracy" is this one....This was part of a post in this thread....I won't point out who, because of it's irrelevnce...Let's just say it was from a Liberal as you will plainly surmise...(You can find it if you feel the need to nit-pick...I don't)...

When I read posts that state that Liberals hate America I fully get that the post was written without any intelligence whatsoever, none, zero, zip, zilch.

Although I personally agree with this statement, I find this incredibly hypocritical that the person who wrote this does NOT say the same thing of the very thread the post is in...The options for "Why do Conservatives hate Liberals" is justified, but posts that attempt to point out why "Liberals hate Conservatives" is not?...

One would think that, in this case, the person would posted this would be equally annoyed at this thread instead of following "blind loyalty" to their affiliation...go figure...:roll:

You can tell that this thread was to offend more than to provoke discussion by one simple fact....

The option "They don't" doesn't exist...

What is not there tells me more than what is....

cnredd said:
My personal cry of "hypocracy" is this one....This was part of a post in this thread....I won't point out who, because of it's irrelevnce...Let's just say it was from a Liberal as you will plainly surmise...(You can find it if you feel the need to nit-pick...I don't)...

When I read posts that state that Liberals hate America I fully get that the post was written without any intelligence whatsoever, none, zero, zip, zilch.

Although I personally agree with this statement, I find this incredibly hypocritical that the person who wrote this does NOT say the same thing of the very thread the post is in...The options for "Why do Conservatives hate Liberals" is justified, but posts that attempt to point out why "Liberals hate Conservatives" is not?...

One would think that, in this case, the person would posted this would be equally annoyed at this thread instead of following "blind loyalty" to their affiliation...go figure...:roll:
Since you chose not to cite me when you quoted me I will take credit for it.

What's weird is that you seemed to have missed this entire post, written today by me, the same author of the uncredited quote.

I also wrote this today in the same thread. How come you didn't consider this when you tried to make your "point"?
I think it's equal, or at the very least judged by one's personal point of view. Liberals feel abused by Conservatives and vice versa. It's that simple, IMHO.

I also think that the vast, vast majority of people from both sides don't hate each other. Think of all the people you work with that have all different types of political views? Do you dislike your co-workers or family members who have different politics than you do? I think not.

What I think is fair to say is that Liberals HATE Republican policies, and Republicans HATE Liberal policies. That does not mean that we hate each other.

Even if you think someone is an asshole due to their politics that does not mean that you think he's an all-around asshole. Most people like each other regardless of their political persuasion,
So CNREDD, please explain why your post was edited in such a way to sound like I was saying something that I never said? What were you trying to accomplish with such a blatant manipulation?

Is there a reason that you felt it necessary to change the meaning of something I wrote? Next time, how about crediting my quote and being accurate? Or maybe, just maybe, you have another agenda in mind? Transparency = CNREDD? :spin:

aquapub said:
Gay Marriage would undefine something generally considered sacred, just so gays can feel included in things that don't even logically allow them to participate.

Undefine? Do you realize that same-sex marriage is mentioned in most definitions of marriage. How is that "undefining" anything.

aquapub said:
It opens the door for the legalization of polygemy -which inevitably hurts women.

How does it inevitably hurt women? Polygamy is having more than one spouse at a time. It is not just a man having multiple wives.

aquapub said:
I don't support gay marriage for the same reason I don't support undefining race so that I too can get a scholarship from the United Negro College Fund. It is moronic.

Again, there is no undefining of marriage. It's a matter of allowing more than the most narrow definition..

Here, from www.thefreedictionary.com:

a. The legal union of a man and woman as husband and wife.
b. The state of being married; wedlock.
c. A common-law marriage.
d. A union between two persons having the customary but usually not the legal force of marriage: a same-sex marriage.

And, this is essentially the same definition as can be found at www.dictionary.com, and my physical dictionaries, as well.

aquapub said:
Gay marriage threatens America only in one way. It is one more cynical step in the direction of the liberal utopia- an irrational, hedonistic, apathetic, shallow, unaccountable, excuse-driven, directionless, spiritually devoid, Larry Flynt society in which literally nothing is sacred, no one's rights are respected, and everyone is referred to as, "citizen 1828302138390283."

Boy, it's amazing that recognizing the right of people to love who they want, and marry who they want will destroy our society. Absolutely incredible that respecting everyone's rights will result in no one's rights being respected.

26 X World Champs said:
Since you chose not to cite me when you quoted me I will take credit for it.

What's weird is that you seemed to have missed this entire post, written today by me, the same author of the uncredited quote.

I also wrote this today in the same thread. How come you didn't consider this when you tried to make your "point"?

So CNREDD, please explain why your post was edited in such a way to sound like I was saying something that I never said? What were you trying to accomplish with such a blatant manipulation?

Is there a reason that you felt it necessary to change the meaning of something I wrote? Next time, how about crediting my quote and being accurate? Or maybe, just maybe, you have another agenda in mind? Transparency = CNREDD? :spin:

I see my point went over your head, so it seems I have to go for round 2*sigh*...

Your quote again...It can stand alone...there is no change of context...

OK...So if someone writes statements "that Liberals hate America", they are doing so without intelligence...gotchya...agreed...so far, so good....

Here's my question...Why didn't you attack this thread for the very same reason?...That was it!...I even have it in bold!....

Your post, while very agreeable on its own, makes no mention of the hypocracy of the THREAD THAT IT IS ON!

If you think BOTH are wrong, as mentioned in your next post(#80), then why did you not mention that this WHOLE THREAD was equally "written without any intelligence whatsoever, none, zero, zip, zilch"?

I contend it's because a Liberal wrote it...you don't condemn other Libs when they're wrong...hence, the "blind loyalty" comment....

You could've easily proved me wrong after I wrote this....

You can tell that this thread was to offend more than to provoke discussion by one simple fact....

There's your opening....A simple "Agreed...whoever wrote this is just as unintelligent as the people who write statements that Liberals hate America!"

But instead?....The sounds of silence...

PS - This should also negate your accusations of me "editing" and using "manipulation"...

Originally posted by 26X Champs:
When someone posts nonsense like your post it is a direct reflection of them. Anyone who compares anything in 21st Century America to Nazi Germany is completely without any creditability, period.
I wouldn't say it's that cut and dry. That black and white. Everytime I here people acting like Bush didn't lie, or that American GI's have not committed atrocities in Iraq, or that we do not torture people, I start thinking what kind of mindset is this. It is not that far of a reach to think this just could have been the mindset of German citizens when told of the death camps. How else could someone get away with that level of Crimes against Humanity, if people in the area at the time, didn't look the other way or simply refused to believe it was true.

There are many posters here that just refuse to believe anything negative about America no matter what kind of evidence is presented. Case in point, was when I posted the comments, with the source to the website, from the very General that ordered the bombings in Iraq under the cover of no-fly zone enforcement, this particular poster (and you know who you are), accused me of posting false evidence. Now, if you don't believe the actual person who did the deed, what can I tell you. But more important, what kind of mindset is this? Just possibly, the similar (but not that extreme) to the kind that had its Genesis in Weimar, Germany.

The debate usually deteriorates from that point on. But its not because of credibility issues noting similarities between now and then. Mostly, as I'm sure you know, it gets like accus-a-pallooza, with each side treating the other as though they were anti-American. As an American myself, I want to know or investigate anything that could possibly be construed as American wrongdoing. Because we cannot come from any moral high ground if we got skeletons in our closet.

If we didn't do wrong, we got to get that out in the open, go thru due process, and if cleared, put the word out. If we did do wrong, we need to go thru the exact same process, own up for what we did, take our beating like a man, and get it behind us. Acting like it is not true, is not going to make it go away.

I certainly do not want to get to the point where we are forced to bury their dead, before we believe if it is true.

cnredd said:

OK...So if someone writes statements "that Liberals hate America", they are doing so without intelligence...gotchya...agreed...so far, so good....

Your post, while very agreeable on its own, makes no mention of the hypocracy of the THREAD THAT IT IS ON!

If you think BOTH are wrong, as mentioned in your next post(#80), then why did you not mention that this WHOLE THREAD was equally "written without any intelligence whatsoever, none, zero, zip, zilch"?

I contend it's because a Liberal wrote it...you don't condemn other Libs when they're wrong...hence, the "blind loyalty" comment....

There's your opening....A simple "Agreed...whoever wrote this is just as unintelligent as the people who write statements that Liberals hate America!"

But instead?....The sounds of silence...

Cnredd (the court jester), You speak of intelligence and hypocrisy as if you are intimately familiar the concept and definition of these words. However, If you claim that this thread is distasteful and devoid of intelligence, then why do continue to participate? Smells like the shortcircuiting of intelligence to me. With a dash of hypocrisy.:lol:

Anytime you have someone flipping out over the mere asking of a question (like the title of this thread), were definately not talking about mental health!

It's just a QUESTION!

HEY GODAMIT ANSWER MY QUIZ QUESTION SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!!!:waiting:

Unless you guys dont know. And if no one knows why are we even debating this topic?

Originally posted by SKILMATIC:
Unless you guys dont know. And if no one knows why are we even debating this topic?
Someone's gotta know. Only thing I know, is that you don't!

SKILMATIC said:
HEY GODAMIT ANSWER MY QUIZ QUESTION SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!!!:waiting:

If you don't know, then why are you still hanging out on this thread???
:lol: You and cnredd bitch and moan about this thread, yet you two just won't go away. Let me give you a hint: it's called unsubscribe.:doh

Last edited:
Someone's gotta know. Only thing I know, is that you don't!

No I mean the answer to my quiz question. Did you see it? I was wandering if anyone knew? :doh

Originally Posted by SKILMATIC:
No I mean the answer to my quiz question. Did you see it? I was wandering if anyone knew?
No I didn't see it. What was your question?

Originally posted by ban.the.electoral.college:
Cnredd (the court jester), You speak of intelligence and hypocrisy as if you are intimately familiar the concept and definition of these words. However, If you claim that this thread is distasteful and devoid of intelligence, then why do continue to participate? Smells like the shortcircuiting of intelligence to me. With a dash of hypocrisy.
He could be bored with no life and this is the highlight of his day.

Great question. The answer is complicated, but easy to understand if you look at the foreign policy of the United States following WWII.

The official policy of the United States is that leftist governed countries enslave their people by using police powers and deny their people "freedom" to pursue their own choices of how they want to live. The "free" world operates on the premise that capitalistic free enterprise is the best way to produce the worlds goods and services, which is probably true, however. In order for the capitalistic countries to produce their wealth, they must seek out the natural resources of the worlds poor nations, and pay as little as possible for those resources. The United States has been doing this very successfully for most of the 20th century in a very clever way.

Certain people go into a poor country and arrange huge loans for major construction projects, which don't help the poor in those nations, and which benefit certain American construction companies like Halliburton and others. The kicker is that these countries have to sell American oil companies their oil at a low price. Some of the money, of course, goes into the pockets of the government leaders. It's easier to bribe a conservative dictator than a liberal, elected President. Sometimes the CIA sends out hired "jackels" to convince these leaders to play ball. If they don't, they are killed. If that's not possible, the American Army is sent in to "free" the oppressed people, and a conservative leader is installed to make sure things go well for American interests. This has been going on for decades and is well documented in a book by John Perkins entitled "Confessions of an Economic Hitman".

Right now the bad guy is Argentine President Chavis. Just read the recent stories about him. It all sounds familiar.

Over the years the Media, fed by the Government and Corporate talking heads, have gradually changed the word "Communist" into the word "Liberal" and diverted the attention of the American people away from what has been going on away from our borders. America is now being "attacked' by "terrorists" because they hate our free Democracy. Bullshit. What goes around, comes around and we are just beginning to feel the anger of the nations who have been looted by American Corporations and trampled by American military might.

My Father was a B-17 pilot in 1944 and flew 24 missions over Nazi Germany. He died on his last mission at the age of 22. He died for a "REAL" cause of peace. The soldiers dying in Iraq are being wasted for oil and the rich Corporations and stockholders.

The bottom line, and the party line, is that the American Empire can't grow if the poor nations are "liberal" (left), because those governments are elected to solve the problems of their nations poor by selling their oil and minerals to rich nations at a fair market price, and to own the means of production. Not let Exxon/Mobil pay them a small royalty. So the American foriegn policy is formed by Exxon/Mobil and Halliburton to benefit Corporate America.

Simple to understand, difficult to explain.

Or maybe he has a DA fetish!

cnredd said:

Sometimes your posts are written in such a self-serving way that I can't help but think that you're writing posts to impress yourself rather than to actually make a point.

I did not start this thread. I am under no obligation to judge it's value. I simply write replies to other posts or state my opinion. If you feel the need for every person to condemn this thread that is your shortcoming, and to be frank, a colossal waste of time and bandwidth.

Since you seem to need a mass condemnation of this thread you might want to consider being a little less sensitive.

Tell you what, why don't you write something about Conservatives that is ignorant and I will reflect if it is worthy of a reply. You see, that's how it works. I make specific replies to specific posts.

You may continue to make replies to impress yourself, you sure seem to get off on it.

No I didn't see it. What was your question?

My quiz question was(just for fun).

Does anyone here know what were the 2 first political parties of this country? (Hint: it wasnt the confederates and the Union.)

Does anyone know? And no you cant search in google or others casue that would be chaeting, :lol:

Originally posted by milkrun:
My Father was a B-17 pilot in 1944 and flew 24 missions over Nazi Germany. He died on his last mission at the age of 22. He died for a "REAL" cause of peace. The soldiers dying in Iraq are being wasted for oil and the rich Corporations and stockholders.
I posted in another thread that I thought Bush's foreign policy, and what we are doing in Iraq, is making the deaths of the heroes in WWII, be in vain.

What are your thoughts on this?

Originally Posted by SKILMATIC:
My quiz question was(just for fun).

Does anyone here know what were the 2 first political parties of this country? (Hint: it wasnt the confederates and the Union.)

Does anyone know? And no you cant search in google or others casue that would be chaeting,
Whig and Republican.

Quote:
Originally posted by milkrun:

Hell man I wish this war was about oil. Last time I checked I just payed almost 3bucks a gallon so if this was about oil please tell me casue I may be going to the wrong gas stations, :lol: .

Do you have any facts or evidentiary support of this? Mabe like bush said "we are going to invade iraq to get there oil?" If you cannot find quotes like these or other reputable evidence then i think its suffice to say this argument is just fallacy opinions.

Back
Top Bottom