• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why do conservatives hate LIBERALS ???

why do conservatives hate LIBERALS?

• conservatives do not understand the ideology of liberalism.

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • conservatives are afraid of change.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • liberals don't fit conservative definitions of lifestyle, religion, and politics.

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • liberals do not approve of unilateral intervention.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Previously posted on another thread...

I don't think the animosity between Conservatives and Liberals is contained only to their respective beliefs...but also to the way they are "perceived" by "the other side"...

Generalizations forthcoming!...Parental discretion advised....

Conservatives believe that Liberals, while good intentioned, are ill informed and don't realize the hatred and lack of logic they portray...

Liberals believe that Conservatives are VERY informed and know EXACTLY what they're doing BECAUSE of evil intentions...

Conservatives believe Liberals have no plan and are working purely on emotional platforms...

Liberals believe that Conservatives have an all-encompassing plan and are working with no heart...

Nobody accuses Kennedy or Dean of being evil....just warped and clueless...

Nobody accuses Bush or Rove of being warped and clueless...just evil...

I could be wrong...

Originally posted by cnredd:
If it's not part of the options, then you just don't know or will understand...making this a useless poll
Like the one your dad used at your conception?

"Well, I like to think of myself as liberal and to put it simply I do honestly think that if you reduce the number of guns then the number of gun crimes will go down, call me stupid if you want."

^
How do you explain then the vast discrepancy between West Virginia and D.C.? In WV, CCW (concealed carry weapon) laws were put into effect and since it's inception violent crime, specifically "shootings," decreased significantly. In contrast look at D.C. where fire-arms are banned and it's essentially the murder capitol of the US.

SixStringHero said:
"Well, I like to think of myself as liberal and to put it simply I do honestly think that if you reduce the number of guns then the number of gun crimes will go down, call me stupid if you want."

^
How do you explain then the vast discrepancy between West Virginia and D.C.? In WV, CCW (concealed carry weapon) laws were put into effect and since it's inception violent crime, specifically "shootings," decreased significantly. In contrast look at D.C. where fire-arms are banned and it's essentially the murder capitol of the US.

Did you even read the sentence after the one you quoted? How can I respond to something when my own position was mis-stated? Read my post please, I say "if you reduce the number of guns", I specifically said that I did not believe gun control was the only solution. READ IT

SixStringHero said:
"How do you explain then the vast discrepancy between West Virginia and D.C.? In WV, CCW (concealed carry weapon) laws were put into effect and since it's inception violent crime, specifically "shootings," decreased significantly. In contrast look at D.C. where fire-arms are banned and it's essentially the murder capitol of the US.

Aside from the murders, DC has one of the lowest crime rates in the country.
Marion Barry :rofl

I don't think it is matter of hate, it is a matter of just being sick of accusations of mis-directed blame and their inconsistencies for what they believe in. They grab at anything to get a vote.

Originally posted by cnredd:
I don't think the animosity between Conservatives and Liberals is contained only to their respective beliefs...but also to the way they are "perceived" by "the other side"...
...if I only had a brain...

Dear Red States:

We're ticked off at the way you've treated California and we've decided we're leaving.

We intend to form our own country and we're taking the other Blue States with us.

In case you aren't aware that includes Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and all the Northeast.

We believe this split will be beneficial to the nation and especially to the people of the new country of New California.

To sum up briefly:

You get Texas, Oklahoma and all the slave states.

We get stem cell research and the best beaches.

We get Elliot Spitzer. You get Ken Lay.

We get the Statue of Liberty. You get OpryLand.

We get Intel and Microsoft. You get WorldCom.

We get Harvard. You get Ole' Miss.

We get 85 percent of America's venture capital and entrepreneurs.
You get Alabama.

We get two-thirds of the tax revenue. You get to make the red states
pay their fair share.

Since our aggregate divorce rate is 22 percent lower than the Christian Coalition's we get a bunch of happy families. You get a bunch of single moms.

Please be aware that Nuevo California will be pro choice and anti war and we're going to want all our citizens back from Iraq at once. If you need people to fight ask your evangelicals. They have kids they're apparently willing to send to their deaths for no purpose and they don't care if you don't show pictures of their children's caskets coming home.

We wish you success in Iraq and hope that the WMDs turn up but we're not willing to spend our resources in Bush's Quagmire.

With the Blue States in hand we will have firm control of 80% of the country's fresh water, more than 90% of the pineapple and lettuce, 92% of the nation's fresh fruit, 95% of America's quality wines (you can serve French wines at state dinners) 90% of all cheese, 90 percent of the high tech industry, most of the US low sulfur coal, all living redwoods, sequoias and condors, all the Ivy and Seven

Sister schools plus Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Cal Tech and MIT.

With the Red States you will have to cope with 88% of all obese Americans and their projected health care costs, 92% of all US mosquitoes, nearly 100% of the tornadoes, 90% of the hurricanes, 99% of all Southern Baptists, virtually 100% of all televangelists, Rush

Limbaugh, Bob Jones University, Clemson and the University of Georgia.

We get Hollywood and Yosemite, thank you.

38% of those in the Red states believe Jonah was actually swallowed by a whale, 62% believe life is sacred unless we're discussing the death penalty or gun laws, 44% say that evolution is only a theory, 53% that Saddam was involved in 9/11 and 61% of you crazy bastards believe you are people with higher morals then we lefties.

We're taking the good pot too. You can have that dirt weed they grow in Mexico.

Sincerely,
Author Unknown in New California

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/jokes/bljokedearredstates.htm

Yeah but you're forgetting the one universal question Billo;

"Where's the beef?"

I think Billo's got "the beef"!

Who cares. If you want some beef go to black angus. Other than that talking about Bill just makes him even stronger or happeir. He feeds off of people like you.

SKILMATIC said:
Who cares. If you want some beef go to black angus. Other than that talking about Bill just makes him even stronger or happeir. He feeds off of people like you.

Yeah, but what about the FAIR article you cited, have you read it yet?

Yeah, but what about the FAIR article you cited, have you read it yet?

yEAH I HAVE READ IT B4 YOU DID. And everyone came up with the same conclusions. So I dont know where you have been but you have obviously missed a few things. bUT anywho I am done with that topic.

SKILMATIC said:
yEAH I HAVE READ IT B4 YOU DID. And everyone came up with the same conclusions. So I dont know where you have been but you have obviously missed a few things. bUT anywho I am done with that topic.

Can you direct me to these conclusions. Can I assume that you no longer believe the media to be liberal, that it is in fact vested in the same interests as corporate America, indeed it is a significant part of these interests. Which thread is it in because I lost track.

SKILMATIC said:

SKILLY, kid. Do you need a copy printed in braille? Or are you illiterate. I hate to berade you. But, your compulsive lying is a problem.

"Can you direct me to these conclusions. Can I assume that you no longer believe the media to be liberal, that it is in fact vested in the same interests as corporate America, indeed it is a significant part of these interests. Which thread is it in because I lost track."

I don't think that the media is maliciously liberal based. The media strives to bring every dramatic story and tragedy to the publics attention. It is not about truth. It is about scandel and money. There is no success stories that will sell papers over what a tragedy will do. Selling a story to the public on a "flushed Koran", or the humiliation of militant Islamists at "Abu-Ghraib", or the alleged abuses at Gitmo, will always find an interested audience over a success story of the Kurds in Iraq or the successes all across Iraq. By exploiting any chance to produce a story, they feed on the frenzy of the liberal that is striving for any mundane detail that may derail any effort. Thereby, the media is always accused of being "liberally based". They kind of compliment each other. The media and the liberal, absolutely love to get bogged down in details and isolations.

Last edited:
Billo_Really said:
Like the one your dad used at your conception?

[moderator gavel] :smash:

Unnecessary. You've been asked to refrain from personal attacks before. Please stick to the topic at hand.

[/moderator gavel]

Originally posted by RightatNYU:
Unnecessary. You've been asked to refrain from personal attacks before. Please stick to the topic at hand.
Have you ever had a problem with cnredd's posts? And have you ever seen attacks from him, about me? Because if you haven't, I can post them for you. If you have, and don't have an issue with them, why the double-standard?

Youve Got To Be Kidding! said:
They have been Deamonfied by the "liberal media"

freethought6t9 said:
Demonised, sorry:3oops:

Any reason you're apologizing for someone else's quote?

Is there a chance you log on as two different people in an attempt
to "gang up" on someone?????:confused:

Billo_Really said:
Have you ever had a problem with cnredd's posts? And have you ever seen attacks from him, about me? Because if you haven't, I can post them for you. If you have, and don't have an issue with them, why the double-standard?

Whether or not I've had to warn cnredd is not the issue, nor is it my place to be saying so. The only issue I'm dealing with right now is the one that I saw in this thread. Rather than give me examples of posts you think are inappropriate from the past, in the future, if you have a problem with a post, click the "Report bad post" button in the lower left hand corner to alert the mods to the situation. Thank you very much.

cnredd said:
Any reason you're apologizing for someone else's quote?

Is there a chance you log on as two different people in an attempt
to "gang up" on someone?????:confused:

I was apologising for correcting someones spelling, although they had in fact created some kind of new word. Being English I have a great affinity for my mother tongue, and don't like what you guys do to it, it's colour you morons!:roll:

freethought6t9 said:
I was apologising for correcting someones spelling, although they had in fact created some kind of new word. Being English I have a great affinity for my mother tongue, and don't like what you guys do to it, it's colour you morons!:roll:

And if we spell it "colors", then I guess you'll send the bobbies after us...Will we need to hire a barrister?;)

The Premise of the Poll is backwards.
Liberals fear and hate conservatives.Liberals do not like being challenged on their theories. They do not like competition for support among the people.
Why else would liberals with say 95% of the TV stations get all panicked because there are 2 that are conservative ones.
Or their fear of religion, Christmas Carols scare them,nativity scenes.They control the Newspapers,TV, The schools & colleges, Hollywood and yet the least moderate or conservative success and they go nuts.

Geees, are we still on the same topic? :lol:

Ok let me start a new one.

Does anyone know whats going on in madagasgar?

Or how about Greenland?

Prolly nothing.

Ok.

Next topic.

Class is moving along quite fast, :lol:

Back
Top Bottom