• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

why do blue states have so many homeless?

Why do blues states have so many homeless?

• because liberal policies don't work for the poor

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • because homeless feel more welcome there

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • because society does not care ANYWHERE

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • combination of or all of above

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • other

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why do red states have so many rednecks?

Why do red states have so many rednecks?

i don't agree w/ anything Graham allegedly said re Trump 3 yrs ago

except PERHAPS the religious bigot thing. I sometimes wonder if he is anti-Catholic ?

i have no substantial proof, however...

Blue states tend to have really high cost of living?

Cost of living. New York and coastal California have higher a cost of living than almost anywhere in the US. DC has also seen a large jump in cost of living.

a more desirable place to live with on average higher paying jobs means more expensive housing.

Also people less able to take care of themselves tend to end up in places with more available social services.

It's expected by virtue of the numbers alone that some of the largest, most densely populated cities in America, also have the largest number of problems. Homelessness is multicultural and multi-factional, and is not as easy to solve as simply providing shelter or apartments. If it was a problem that was simple to solve, cities would have done so decades ago. It takes an intensity of continuous social and health services to help the homeless.

We're in an age where status and wealth has shifted America’s economy. Legislators are not working for the ‘people'. Instead, they are serving their donors. Money has bought out our leadership. America is no longer for the people or by the people. This country will soon be a different society comprised of people without a home. It will be up to that society (the homeless and the poor) to rebuild this country and not depend on the products made by the wealthy. This country as a whole is corrupt from the man in the Oval Office to the business owner in town. Meanwhile there are 13.1 million people homelessness in America and 22 million in poverty. The numbers are increasing in major cities where overpopulation is reducing available and affordable resources.

Cost of living. New York and coastal California have higher a cost of living than almost anywhere in the US. DC has also seen a large jump in cost of living.

so in other words: more greedy landlords who refuse to lower the rent and don't mind walking by homeless people in tents on their way to their lucrative jobs... (or their trip to doggy psychologist...)

who said Other?

i want to know what the other explanation is

so in other words: more greedy landlords who refuse to lower the rent and don't mind walking by homeless people in tents on their way to their lucrative jobs... (or their trip to doggy psychologist...)

What the hell?

Obviously it is because Trump is president. If we are going to give him credit for a bull market don't we also have to give him credit for the homeless problem?

ok so you are saying there were no homeless people b4 Trump got elected..

hmmm...

for those too lazy or whatever to look it up (go to that site)

here are the top cities for homeless (numbers of homeless)

NYC
LA

forget which city comes next.. Seattle?

but in #6 place is

Washington DC

where there are more millionaires than in any other US city...

are we doing great yet?

Cost of living, which directly defeats the appeal of cities which is that they have more jobs, which is incidentally one of the driving reasons for why people leave rural towns in the first place.

Nobody goes to Nowhere, Idaho for a job, but people in Nowhere, Idaho will definitely go to Los Angeles in search of a job.

There's also a massive and ongoing program in busing homeless people to other locations in order to "solve" their own homeless problem, which of course creates its own cluster**** when trying to determine the root cause and origin of homelessness.

Last edited:

No, that isn't even close to what I am saying. The taxes and costs to maintain property in those areas are also quite expensive, and adds to the rent costs and housing costs. Its a problem without an easy solution and we know throwing money at it has not worked.

I am not even remotely liberal but I am a realistic conservative, don't try to paraphrase what I am saying just read what's there.

for those too lazy or whatever to look it up (go to that site)

here are the top cities for homeless (numbers of homeless)

NYC
LA

forget which city comes next.. Seattle?

but in #6 place is

Washington DC

where there are more millionaires than in any other US city...

are we doing great yet?

I smell POE. Anyone else smell POE?

Cost of living, which directly defeats the appeal of cities which is that they have more jobs, which is incidentally one of the driving reasons for why people leave rural towns in the first place.

Nobody goes to Nowhere, Idaho for a job, but people in Nowhere, Idaho will definitely go to Los Angeles in search of a job.

There's also a massive and ongoing program in busing homeless people to other locations in order to "solve" their own homeless problem, which of course creates its own cluster**** when trying to determine the root cause and origin of homelessness.
I don't think any of this answers the Q of why so many are homeless in THOSE states as opposed to other states..

Why do red states have so many living in poverty? The problem with your premise is that you are assuming that people who are homeless just stay put. They don't. They go where there are opportunities. They go where they can get help. They go where it is warm. They go to places they've dreamed of living. Beach bum is a lot better than the rarely glamorized ice bums. Go talk to a lot of the homeless in NY and California and you will find a **** load of people who left the midwest and the south in hopes of a future because there is none where they left. These "left" cities are largely cleaning up the mess made by the people fleeing the red states.

Access Denied

Take a look at the above. Do you know why there are so many red states that are among the most poverty stricken? It isn't because of liberal policies that Mississippi and West Virginia are broke. It isn't because of liberal policies that causes people to leave the **** holes they live in and risk it all moving to NYC and LA.

The reason left leaning cities are popular among the homeless is because liberals tend to have compassion. They help people. They tend to think that Americans, not just rich Americans, not just white Americans, but all Americans should have a certain standard of living. People leave the red states because the people who control the money in most of these red states would rather see 10000 poverty stricken people die of starvation and cold and disease then help those other members of their communities.

liberal states up the min. wage

which means low or no skill workers get SHAFTED

and possibly have to move to a state that doesn't have that, a state where a company can hire MORE workers bc doesn't have to pay so much... Entry level jobs should not pay $15 an hour... the same as non-entry.. makes no sense but then, i have found most liberal policies do not, which is why I wouldn't vote for D even if he were pro life (an extreme rarity anyhow, although the gov of LA is a pro life dem. God bless him!)

I don't think any of this answers the Q of why so many are homeless in THOSE states as opposed to other states..

Homeless and unemployed people flock to cities because they're most likely to have jobs that rural towns don't. And blue states typically have the largest cities due to having larger economies, so those will have even more job-seeking appeal.

There are a lot of additional complicating factors, such as the fact that red states enact policies that cripple their own economies, thus pushing people out to cities, or "cultural refugees" who leave conservative areas in search of more tolerant blue states. Or, dealing with areas like the South West, cities like Los Angeles just have more pleasant weather in general.

Basically, in order to understand why blue states have such high homeless rates, you have to understand why people go there in the first place.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom