• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

why do blue states have so many homeless?

Why do blues states have so many homeless?

• because liberal policies don't work for the poor

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • because homeless feel more welcome there

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • because society does not care ANYWHERE

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • combination of or all of above

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • other

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just because you aren't able to understand an answer doesn't mean it isn't an answer.

just like a liberal

say something that goes w/o saying

apparently, so as to weasel out of an argument...??

weasel out of actually thinking of a valid answer...?

Homeless and unemployed people flock to cities because they're most likely to have jobs that rural towns don't. And blue states typically have the largest cities due to having larger economies, so those will have even more job-seeking appeal.

sorry, that answer doesn't work for me. Prove, for example that blue states hav e "a larger economy"?

if they did, they wouldn't have so many unemployed homeless people..

Homeless and unemployed people flock to cities because they're most likely to have jobs that rural towns don't. And blue states typically have the largest cities due to having larger economies, so those will have even more job-seeking appeal.

Eagerly awaiting his response.

Bigger populations, larger cities, more competition for jobs, housing, resources, more people who lose their way in life?

The question should really be why do cities have more homeless than small towns.

sorry, that answer doesn't work for me. Prove, for example that blue states hav e "a larger economy"?

What right answer are you seeking?

It's expected by virtue of the numbers alone that some of the largest, most densely populated cities in America, also have the largest number of problems. Homelessness is multicultural and multi-factional, and is not as easy to solve as simply providing shelter or apartments. If it was a problem that was simple to solve, cities would have done so decades ago. It takes an intensity of continuous social and health services to help the homeless.

We're in an age where status and wealth has shifted America’s economy. Legislators are not working for the ‘people'. Instead, they are serving their donors. Money has bought out our leadership. America is no longer for the people or by the people. This country will soon be a different society comprised of people without a home. It will be up to that society (the homeless and the poor) to rebuild this country and not depend on the products made by the wealthy. This country as a whole is corrupt from the man in the Oval Office to the business owner in town. Meanwhile there are 13.1 million people homelessness in America and 22 million in poverty. The numbers are increasing in major cities where overpopulation is reducing available and affordable resources.

Very well said! Damn good, intelligent post.

Access Denied

The reason left leaning cities are popular among the homeless is because liberals tend to have compassion. .

well, we must always define terms. Define Compassion?

frankly, I d on't find a lot of compassion from either party toward certain people.. but that being said, I do believe that liberals in general do seem to have more understanding/compassion toward the poor.

however, if that poor person happens to be a OMG!

republican

conservative

Christian

all bets are off

thuggery often kicks in...

No, it's not that it doesn't "work for you," it's that you've already arrived at your own conclusion and don't feel you need to understand the issue any further, and therefore won't do the minimal amount of research.

List of U.S. states and territories by GDP - Wikipedia

well, we must always define terms. Define Compassion?

frankly, I d on't find a lot of compassion from either party toward certain people.. but that being said, I do believe that liberals in general do seem to have more understanding/compassion toward the poor.

however, if that poor person happens to be a OMG!

republican

conservative

Christian

all bets are off

thuggery often kicks in...

Do you think the homeless people care about politics?

What right answer are you seeking?

Prove, for example that blue states hav e "a larger economy"?

Do you think the homeless people care about politics?

well, that shows YOUR opinion of the homeless. Apparently you think they are all a bunch of sub-human morons who never think of anything but drugs and...

I think a lot of people think like that. However, I have known several homeless who never touched drugs and were well educated..

stereotypes die hard..

I don't think any of this answers the Q of why so many are homeless in THOSE states as opposed to other states..

Because there are more ****ing people. Because of that housing, food, and living there in general is more expensive.

Why don't you quit begging the question and offer your possible explanation because your responses seem shallow and unresponsive.

no, it's that that answer doesn't work for me

because it doesn't explain much of anything vis a vis the topic at hand

What part of "people leave rural areas for cities in order to find jobs" are you having a difficult time with?

well, that shows YOUR opinion of the homeless. Apparently you think they are all a bunch of sub-human morons who never think of anything but drugs and...

I think a lot of people think like that. However, I have known several homeless who never touched drugs and were well educated..

stereotypes die hard..

Indeed. Especially Trumper blue-state stereotypes.

Are red necks bad people to you?

I work with a lot of them, and they remind me of the people from rural Maine & New Hampshire, but with a funny accents.

I may be a redneck for all you know swabbie.

STATE RANKINGS
In terms of sheer number, here are the five states with the most people experiencing homelessness:

California (24% or 129,972 people);
New York (17% or 91,897 people);
Florida (6% or 31,030 people);
Texas (5% or 25,310 people);
Washington (4% or 22,304 people)

For the record - Texas is NOT a blue state.

STATE RANKINGS
In terms of sheer number, here are the five states with the most people experiencing homelessness:

California (24% or 129,972 people);
New York (17% or 91,897 people);
Florida (6% or 31,030 people);
Texas (5% or 25,310 people);
Washington (4% or 22,304 people)

For the record - Texas is NOT a blue state.

Though that certainly makes my point, which is that people go to economically more powerful cities and economically more powerful states in order to find jobs, where they encounter competition and higher living costs.

While this typically describes cities and blue states, Texas is quite obviously in the club.

Because there are more ****ing people. Because of that housing, food, and living there in general is more expensive.

I believe these states are highest percentage-wise... per capita

I don't think any of this answers the Q of why so many are homeless in THOSE states as opposed to other states..

Of course it does. A high demand for housing in high economic growth areas makes real estate values go up, putting homes out of reach for many people. Interestingly, Mississippi has the highest poverty rate in the continental US, but they have the lowest homeless rate.

Back
Top Bottom