• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why do Athiests and other non-god believing people have a problem with religion/god?

Re: Why do Athiests and other non-god believing people have a problem with religion/g

kal-el said:
How can you be so sure? You seem to be really adament about your assertion of "gods don't exist". Care to offer proof for this claim. I'll be the first to admit, I don't believe in any gods, but one shouldn't make that claim unless they have proof.

Do what the guy did in the Great Elephant Debate. Pull one out of your pocket and show the guy that elephants really exist.

Claiming that something doesn't exist when there's no need to invoke it and no evidence to prove it does is sensible.

Claiming that something exists when there's no need to invoke it and no evidence that it does exist is insanity.

kal-el said:
Since we still have thunder and lightning, I guess Zeus still exists?:lol:

There're better explanations for thunder and lightning now.

God's lighting farts.

128shot said:
I never understood this, why is there such a burning desire for athiests to tell me "there is no good" and all that yak? why?

Ever been told that there is no good if there is no evil?

Re: Why do Athiests and other non-god believing people have a problem with religion/g

kal-el said:
Since we still have thunder and lightning, I guess Zeus still exists?:lol:

I thought Thor did the thunder...

MrFungus420 said:
I thought Thor did the thunder...

O maybe, I always get confused between these redneck dieties.:lol:

kal-el said:

The gods are going to be very p¡ssed off at you.

Inuyasha said:
The gods are going to be very p¡ssed off at you.

Yea tell me about it. I'm caring.:lol:

kal-el said:

deities that supported peoples in their struggles leading to the civilised world we now inhabit. Hardly what I would call redneck.

If a god/gods do exist, he/she/it/they are sadists, just look at the world.

More of a question would be whether de Sade was divine inspired. Still, there is an answer. You assume to be able to differentiate between good and evil. Look at the movie, Silence of the Lambs. What was Hannibal doing? He was not saying where to find James Gumb, because that was not helping her. He gave her hints so she could solve it, so she would crack the case, and she would finally save a lamb. God is Hannibal, and we have some dead lamb in the back of our minds god is allowing us to save. We have free will, like Clarice, we have to decipher the mysteries and find the answers for ourselves.

It is intriging how atheists is aligned with logic, while it is in fact merely a device used by our minds for simple calculations. It can not prove anything about the outside world, because it is a simplification of that world. We can not prove or disprove God with logic because he is too complex for that.

Now, whether we choose to believe in an entity that is too complex for us to understand, grasp or behold, is the choice every religious man faces. The next choice is whether such a beautiful entity would use such a primitive form of communication, rather than giving, per example, everyone a dream when they turn adult with what they should try to do.

Suddenly, eating mescaline with some indians (oh, right, you call them native americans) doesn't seem so bad...

Mr U

kal-el said:
Yea tell me about it. I'm caring.:lol:

You won't be so smug when that Coke bottle falls out of the sky and lands on your head.:lol:

Originally posted by HU-210
deities that supported peoples in their struggles leading to the civilised world we now inhabit. Hardly what I would call redneck.

Dude, I was joking, hence the :lol:

Originally posted by Inuyasha
You won't be so smug when that Coke bottle falls out of the sky and lands on your head.

:rofl

Atheist are pretty funny when they try to disprove God.They have no idea who implanted thier anti-christian/islam thought paterns.But thats another debate.See when we limited humans use our limited logic with our limited view of the universe and what we know.We can say the same about other dimensions, and dark matter.Haven't ever observed either. We haven't proved either exists.

Atheists believe there is no god.Are they correct? I don't believe so.Can I "prove" God to an atheist.No.Can an Atheist prove God doesn't exist to me? No.Why? Because the atheist made thier choice not to believe in God and I have made my choice to believe in God.

We humans need to realize our limits.One of which is the truth that we are incapable of really "knowing" anything.Bias,we are biased toward our earthy experiences.We are biased toward our human instincts and personal desires.We are biased toward our own physical reality. Here's an example.

Atheist claims God doesn't exist. And I ask how do you know you exist.

I am a figment of my own imagination.

The questions you pose are far from radical. Our very existence is indeed dubiuous, but the belief in God does not come at that level, it follows the original assumption that the real is real. God has not identified or made himself appear outside of this reality. By that standard, he has shown himself to be quite uncreative, and by my regards, out of the picture.

Whether or not you believe in God, as a second, is really quite irrelevant. Whether or not you believe in tapdancing hippos, is also quite irrelevant. Whether you believe that a book that was written by man 2000 years ago should be applied to all of man, because it is a divinely inspired matter is relevant. Thankfully, guns were invented to stop those kinds of things.

Mr U

HU-210 said:
The questions you pose are far from radical. Our very existence is indeed dubiuous how?, but the belief in God does not come at that levelwhy?, it follows the original assumption that the real is real what is real?. God has not identified or made himself appear outside of this reality how do you know that ?. By that standardyou mean your biased standard, he has shown himself to be quite uncreative by your according to your small human mind, and by my regards, out of the picture sure.....

Whether or not you believe in God, as a second, is really quite irrelevant. Whether or not you believe in tapdancing hippos, is also quite irrelevant. Whether you believe that a book that was written by man 2000 years agothe bible was written by over 40 people should be applied to all of man sure do, because it is a divinely inspired matter is relevant sure is. Thankfully, guns were invented to stop those kinds of things so you want to murder people who don't agree with your beliefs?.

Mr U

nice dodge now answer my question...

How do you know you exist.

Red-Phase said:
nice dodge now answer my question...

How do you know you exist.

A person's existence in the world can be proved through empirical experiments. For example, something that exists can alter matter's postition. If a person can do this, then they exist in this world. I suppose the bigger question would be if this world exists.

Red-Phase said:

I don't exist. You're reading this post because you're psychotic.:roll:

Kelzie said:
A person's existence in the world can be proved through empirical experiments. For example, something that exists can alter matter's postition. If a person can do this, then they exist in this world. I suppose the bigger question would be if this world exists.

So dark matter,antiphotons and neutrinos(for the most part)are not real.

So what about energies that don't interact with matter.

Last edited:

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
I don't exist. You're reading this post because you're psychotic.:roll:

I am not asking IF you think you exist but can you prove it...

Red-Phase said:
So dark matter,antiphotons and neutrinos(for the most part)are not real.

My physics ain't what it used to be, but to my understanding, there has been experiments that proved the existence of these. The ones that haven't been proven remain a well thought out theory (I don't believe dark matter has been proven yet). Of course, odds are I would have no idea what they were talking about, but that's why I'm not a physicist.

Kelzie said:
My physics ain't what it used to be, but to my understanding, there has been experiments that proved the existence of these. The ones that haven't been proven remain a well thought out theory (I don't believe dark matter has been proven yet). Of course, odds are I would have no idea what they were talking about, but that's why I'm not a physicist.

Don't let all the calculas(sp)and algebra scare you man. Physics is really crazy and fun.Quantum Mechanics and Quantum theory are pretty insane(wormholes, time space bubbles,faster than light data transfer(well..not really)though entanglement creating matter from energy beyond hyperonic atoms muonic atoms antimatter elements ect really fun and crazy things to read about).

but back on topic. No Physics cannot prove your existance anymore than you can.

Red-Phase said:
Don't let all the calculas(sp)and algebra scare you man. Physics is really crazy and fun.Quantum Mechanics and Quantum theory are pretty insane(wormholes, time space bubbles,faster than light data transfer(well..not really)though entanglement creating matter from energy beyond hyperonic atoms muonic atoms antimatter elements ect really fun and crazy things to read about).

but back on topic. No Physics cannot prove your existance anymore than you can.

I never said physics can prove my existence. I said emperical experiments can. It is accepted that things that exist do certain things (take up matter, etc). I do those things. Therefore, I exist. Do you have a different definition for existence?

Red-Phase said:
I am not asking IF you think you exist but can you prove it...

I just said I don't exist. You're starting an argument with a figment of your own imagination. How embarassing for you if I win.

Kelzie said:

and Weakly Interacting Massive Particles(wimps) gravitational waves,mesons,and ect.

What about ,most of the 10 dimension of hyperspace(1D 2D 3D,time,ect),strings ect don't exist too right?

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
I just said I don't exist. You're starting an argument with a figment of your own imagination. How embarassing for you if I win.

Dodging the question and taking my comments out of context means I win.

Sorry doesn't work like that.

Last edited:

Kelzie said:
I never said physics can prove my existence. I said emperical experiments can. It is accepted that things that exist do certain things (take up matter, etc). I do those things. Therefore, I exist. Do you have a different definition for existence?

time,strings,photons and gravitons don't take up space. So they don't exist.

Red-Phase said:
and Weakly Interacting Massive Particles(wimps) gravitational waves,mesons,and ect.

What about ,most of the 10 dimension of hyperspace(1D 2D 3D,time,ect),strings ect don't exist too right?

These things exist....in the minds of theorists....but until experiment proves such theories to be valid beyond hypothesis....they are thought experiments only. There are several attempts planned to validate String (actually "M") theory, but even with full success these can only show hints at the existance of higher dimensions.

Back
Top Bottom