• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why do Americans pay more for health care?

but still, if these are the best critiques of the systemic changes that can have the results that we saw above.... i'm good with that.

Good to see you endorse government run health care:mrgreen:

gosh, good thing the 2012 House budget block grants it, eh. now how much in Medicare taxes come from Indiana v flow back into it?

Dood Medicare and medicaid are two separate programs.

Last edited:
Good to see you endorse government run health care:mrgreen:

:) i'm willing to see the government subsidize the insurance of people like you so that we can move the general health insurance industry into a market model that gives people choices and portability (so that they don't get trapped at their jobs should they get sick or fear not being able to replace their insurance). I have no problem with helping those who truly need it - My issue comes in that I want to help them wisely and without creating a negative incentive structure to encourage people into destructive behavior. :) not many people are going to try to get heart transplants just so that their premiums can stay the same.

Dood Medicare and medicaid are two separate programs.

yeah, i was responding to you when you wrote:

...HIP is fiscally unsound and pushes states’ Medicaid costs onto federal taxpayers. Every $1 Indiana spends on HIP triggers at least $2 of spending by the federal government; no matter what state you call home, you’re paying for Mitch Daniels’s government-run health-care plan...

and I screwed up and typed

...gosh, good thing the 2012 House budget block grants it, eh. now how much in Medicare taxes come from Indiana v flow back into it?...

when the 2012 House Budget actually block-grants Medicaid; which is what I was trying to discuss even if i was too stupid to type it properly :D

:) i'm willing to see the government subsidize the insurance of people like you so that we can move the general health insurance industry into a market model that gives people choices and portability (so that they don't get trapped at their jobs should they get sick or fear not being able to replace their insurance). I have no problem with helping those who truly need it - my issue comes in that i want to help them wisely and without creating a negative incentive structure to encourage people into destructive behavior. :) not many people are going to try to get heart transplants just so that their premiums can stay the same.

lol

Back
Top Bottom